Delta Very Heavy -Shuttle C- using the Moon

Old September 6th 04, 07:19 PM
Zoltan Szakaly

Default Delta Very Heavy -Shuttle C- using the Moon

It seems to me that shuttle C could be done with relatively small effort.
In fact if we wanted to go to the Moon we could just put a capsule into
the shuttle and use that to make lunar excursions from LEO.

To explore the Solar system efficiently, using the Moon as a springboard
we do not need to put factories on the Moon. All we need is a refueling
plant, that makes fuel from lunar materials, like maybe ice or metals
and oxygen from the soil. When we need to go to a Solar system mission
we could build the whole ship on Earth and deliver it to the Moon for
refueling. We could launch from the Moon with a low mass ratio of maybe
2 if chemical propulsion is used. From lunar orbit we could go anywhere
in the solar system using ion or plasma engines and nuclear reactors.

I myself am very interested in goin to space and the Moon. I have
developed some very useful robotic intelligence technologies and more
recently have worked on air breathing engines for a flying car.

We just recently completed development of the processor electronics that
is a key component of our flying car and also other vehicles. The flying
car will have multiple processors that communicate via optic fibers.
After the flying car I will probably try to build orbital vehicles and
try to put robots on the Moon. Ten years ago we had a robot that learnt
to walk from teaching input in a very short time, about 20 minutes.

I think people will go to space more when individual empowerment reaches
the level where more and more people like myself will have enough money
to do private research and make it happen.

A lot of activity could be done robotically on the near side of the Moon
under direct supervision from Earth with autonomous robots.

Zoltan Szakaly

vtol.net
calcyber.com
800-762-6899

Old September 12th 04, 04:04 AM
Christian Ramos

Zoltan Szakaly wrote:
It seems to me that shuttle C could be done with relatively small

effort.
In fact if we wanted to go to the Moon we could just put a capsule

into
the shuttle and use that to make lunar excursions from LEO.

Does the shuttle C have sufficient capacity to lift the capsule and
enough capsule fuel for a delta-v of 8-10K/s. I havent seen any real
data on the proposed shuttle-C, so am interested.

To explore the Solar system efficiently, using the Moon as a

springboard
we do not need to put factories on the Moon. All we need is a

refueling
plant, that makes fuel from lunar materials, like maybe ice or metals

and oxygen from the soil.

Well oxygen from the moon would supply oxidizer but what about fuel.
Their are no fuel sources on the moon as far as I am aware. Most
technologies for metal and oxygen production on the moon are
technically naive, and that's being generous. You will need significant
infrastructure, resources and people on the moon to develop these
processes, assuming they can be developed at all. Would all this
infrastructure be shipped by the Shuttle-C in capsule sized chunks.

When we need to go to a Solar system mission
we could build the whole ship on Earth and deliver it to the Moon for

refueling.

Would it launch in the Shuttle-C to Leo or launch itself and refuel in
LEO.

We could launch from the Moon with a low mass ratio of maybe
2 if chemical propulsion is used.

I've got a headache from the 911 party last night so cant bring myself
to do the maths, but this mass ratio appears low.

From lunar orbit we could go anywhere
in the solar system using ion or plasma engines and nuclear reactors.

If you want to take decades to get their you could use these. Assuming,
things like Vasmir dont suddenly become viable. If your using Nuclear
Reactors, why not use Electric Thermal Nuclear thermal, ie: Higher
thrust. Also, these engines generally expel fuels such as Ammonia or
Hydrogen. Things not generally available on the moon, or would you
attempt to use lunar oxygen, if so this would be a development project
in itself.

Where would the fuel for the reactors come from, processing on the moon
or shipped into space from earth. How would ships with reactors be
handled for situations in which they must areobrake into orbit.

I myself am very interested in goin to space and the Moon. I have
developed some very useful robotic intelligence technologies and more
recently have worked on air breathing engines for a flying car.

You should develop those robotic technologies, as they could make you
billions at which point you could fund your dream.

We just recently completed development of the processor electronics

that
is a key component of our flying car and also other vehicles. The

flying
car will have multiple processors that communicate via optic fibers.

Why slow them down by a optic Fibre link, could they not be integrated.
What are these processors and what do they do, and what code streams
run on them.

After the flying car I will probably try to build orbital vehicles

and
try to put robots on the Moon. Ten years ago we had a robot that

learnt
to walk from teaching input in a very short time, about 20 minutes.

Well you would certainly have the funds after a successful launch of a
marketable flying car.

I think people will go to space more when individual empowerment

reaches
the level where more and more people like myself will have enough

money
to do private research and make it happen.

Well I'll think you'll find that as you move further up the food chain
you will have other priorities, however, I hope you can achieve the
objective I too want to expand into space, although, my reasons are
more nebulous.

A lot of activity could be done robotically on the near side of the

Moon
under direct supervision from Earth with autonomous robots.

This was proven extremely difficult by the Russians and their
teleoperated probes on the near side. What would you do differently to
make this workable.

Zoltan Szakaly

vtol.net
calcyber.com
800-762-6899

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Astronomy Misc 15 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
Space Calendar - June 25, 2004 Ron Misc 0 June 25th 04 04:37 PM
Space Calendar - March 26, 2004 Ron Astronomy Misc 0 March 26th 04 04:05 PM