Joke!!! (o:

Old July 13th 04, 03:20 PM
Nigel Reed

Default Hot Scopes (no not stolen) Was: Joke!!! (o:

scurry wrote:
It could, to answer your question. Lots of adhesives that work fine
near room temp (25-30 C for you ferners) will turn to goo at 45 C or so.
Do your mirror cells rely on little foam pads that are stuck to the
mirrors (primary or secondary) or cell holder thingies (sorry, don't
know the term) with adhesive to help hold them in place? If so, check
if the mirrors have shifted and if the adhesive left a smear on the
mirror. Probably not a major crisis though. Also, if you've ever
noticed that haze on the inside of your windshield (waddaya call that
the windscreen or sumthin?) on hot days, wherever this mystery goo
originates from (plastic breakdown from UV? Who knows), well it could
put a similar haze on your optics. It washes off the windows easily
enough & shouldn't present a huge problem to clean off your mirror
(Google mirror cleaning on saa).

Thanks for the suggestions and unusual terminology I'll check the
mirrors a bit later and see if there's any shift. I didn't think there'd
be much damage, if any, but it can get to 120F+ in the back there.

Regards
Nigel
--
http://www.sysadmininc.com (My daytime job)
http://www.british-expats.com (My spare time)

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment,
and will die here like rotten cabbages." - Number 6
Old July 13th 04, 09:26 PM
CLT

Default Joke!!! (o:

On Topic: Left my 10" Orion in the boot (trunk for 'Mer'kins). Forgot
about how hot it gets here. Would it likely cause any damage?

Can you lock the OT troll in there as well?

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
And the Lunar Picture of the Day http://www.lpod.org/
************************************

Regards
Nigel

Old July 14th 04, 07:09 AM
socalsw

Chris L Peterson wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:50:53 GMT, "Szaki" wrote:

How many members of the Bush Administration are needed
to replace a lightbulb?...

Funny, but OT.

Now if you had included something along the lines of:

One to start an investigation of possible al Qaeda funding of the IDA due to its
position that we might be better off without the lightbulb in the first place...

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

LIGHT BULB? Hey man, leave that light bulb unchanged, we are trying
to observe here...besides, "it's obstructing my view of Venus."

[pardon lame attempt to bring thread into topic compliance...]

Erik
socalsw

Old July 14th 04, 04:03 PM
scurry

socalsw wrote:

LIGHT BULB? Hey man, leave that light bulb unchanged, we are trying
to observe here...besides, "it's obstructing my view of Venus."

[pardon lame attempt to bring thread into topic compliance...]

Not bad, actually :-)