Fall in Gresham

Old December 28th 17, 08:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Fall in Gresham

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 2:45:50 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 5:08:44 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
Isn't it about time to start a now and equally nonsensically
boring chapter .... I mean, Summer is done with, dude ...

When at 14 I rode the Boston El to keep warm,and had a restroom that was long time ago.Now at 90 some in this group say I **** in a pail.They won't give me the honor of a royal flush.The only change is I don't pull the chain. Its 69 and going to 42.Sunny TreBert

A lot of homeless people ride the trains to keep warm and to have a place to be. My dad rode the freight trains back in the 30s. That's something I never did. I remember him telling me how he once worked for a farmer for fifty cents a week. But the job came with a room, but no light.

Currently 38F here in Gresham. No wind. Rotting snow scattered about, and slush in the streets. Heavy rain in the forecast. It hasn't started yet, but I have my umbrella at the ready. Humidity 91%.

Had another lunch with Kim yesterday.

A Gresham bakery has been fined $135,000 for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

In other local news, a man came into a Gresham police station and said he had just shot and killed his girlfriend. Now you would think they would keep him in custody until they checked out his story, but I guess not. The police found his girlfriend's dead body at here apartment. Meanwhile, they went to the scene of a car that had crashed nearby. The found the confessed killer inside that car, dead! Seems he had blown his brains out with his gun while driving! Talk about distracted driving! Small town Keystone Cops!

Double-A

Old December 30th 17, 07:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 12:35:01 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

I have lots of pictures of homeless people.most are woman.They are everywhere.Walmart cart is there van.sleep on blankets.Die from fever on these plankets.Firemen wearing space suits cart them away to be burned.This is why I run for office.This is why mayor Tait of Anaheim knows me well.America use to be a land of kindness.One for all and all for one.we the people before GOP Mafia.If i get shot in back of my head at 90 So What TreBert
Old December 30th 17, 08:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" wrote:
"If i get shot in back of my head at 90 So What TreBert"

Well, Glazier elaborate & post on that "So What"
That will be better than your daily Gutter physics
and your Glazierola hat comes out of your head.
Are you still depressed and in pain, Bert?

Old December 30th 17, 11:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 11:32:17 AM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

An inclement nice day here in Gresham! 51F and no wind. Sunshine with scattered clouds. I missed a first bus, so headed out walking. got half way to the library before another bus came along. A nice day for a walk! Yesterday was completely different. Hard rain most of the day, and hard blustery southwest winds. I just stayed home and watched football.

Homelessness is a societal problem. Social planning has worked poorly in other countries, yet something must be done. We can't just put all our trust in Adam Smith's Invisible Hand! Labor will be less and less needed as industry and transportation becomes completely automated. We have to consider the situation of society as a whole.

Double-A

Old December 31st 17, 02:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

Abner "Double-A" wrote:

Abner wrote:
Homelessness is a societal problem. Social planning has worked
poorly in other countries, yet something must be done. We can't
just put all our trust in Adam Smith's Invisible Hand! Labor will be
less and less needed as industry and transportation becomes
completely automated. We have to consider the situation of society
as a whole.

hanson wrote:
Well, Abner, what you said is true, BUT do YOU have a
plan, a solution how to fix or at least to ameliorate it?

There are 2 types of homeless folks,
the ones who want to get back into society and become
working taxpaying members of society again.
These are the folks that became homeless not due to
any fault of their own.

Current social attemps are useless and phony window
showcases by govt. agencieds and private charities,
showboating a free meal on holydays, etc...

So, lobby for congress to pay them enough money to get
back on feet feet. There are PLENTY of "low-wit" jobs
availabe, which are controlled by the prison-industry and
the Unions, and theses 2 nefarious insitutions should
be force to give 1st priorities for jobs to the non-criminal
homeless.

It will be also far cheaper for the taxpayer to do that, then
to give foreign aid-taxmoney to rich *******s in other parts
of the world .... for lure and lore of kickback... etc

BUT then there is the other type of homeless folks
who have ELECTED to become homeless and like it,
such as your icon SwinBert Glazier who is a Face-****ter
and a criminal Graveyard vandal and who is proud
of doing that.

For that ilk the most efficient way to get'em off the street
is to commit'em into mental hospitals and keep'em there.

The whole problem you mentioned here did exist only
to a very limited extent in post WWII America. It got bad
in the 1970 when the Jewish Lawyer lobby essentially
created the condition (closing nut houses) that led to
the current debacle.

Old January 4th 18, 10:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Hard east wind all week here. Now down to 22 mph as rain moves in and should be here by tomorrow. Was 84 mph up at Crown Point a couple days ago, where I used to live. Currently up to 41F here in Gresham. Has been in lower 30s most of the week. Well, we are better of than most of the country. Snow in Florida and Georgia, and up the east coast. Temps plunging towards zero in much of the deep south! Global warming claimant Al Gore has gone into hiding in a secure place along with his rapidly tarnishing Nobel medallion!

Double-A

Old January 4th 18, 10:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 5:08:44 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
Isn't it about time to start a now and equally nonsensically
boring chapter .... I mean, Summer is done with, dude ...

73 and low of 50.not bad for Jan. Van looks good runs good,and I have great areas to camp.Tail gate is a way to make friends.I like a salmon steak cook out.Bert
Old January 4th 18, 11:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 2:10:57 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 5:08:44 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
Isn't it about time to start a now and equally nonsensically
boring chapter .... I mean, Summer is done with, dude ...

73 and low of 50.not bad for Jan. Van looks good runs good,and I have great areas to camp.Tail gate is a way to make friends.I like a salmon steak cook out.Bert

In Washington County Oregon where I used to sleep, they have just passed an ordinance that any vehicle that is being slept in must be moved at least 2 miles away every two days! This is an obvious slap at the homeless!

Washington County is Intel County!

Double-A

Old January 4th 18, 11:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

hanson wrote:
[...]

The solution is a negative income tax, a la George McGovern 1972!

Double-A

Old January 4th 18, 11:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

hanson wrote:
Well, Abner, what you said is true, BUT do YOU have a
plan, a solution how to fix or at least to ameliorate it?

There are 2 types of homeless folks,
the ones who want to get back into society and become
working taxpaying members of society again.

There are some people who can rise to the top without becoming taxpaying members of society. For example Donald Trump!

Double-A

Summer in Gresham Double-A[_4_] Misc 165 September 30th 17 09:33 PM
Summer in Gresham hanson Misc 0 August 31st 17 02:10 AM
Sheriff's Sergeant Gets Drunk and Goes on Killing Spree in the OldM&M Restaurant and Longe in Gresham OR! (I remember it well) Double-A[_3_] Misc 0 March 18th 10 09:20 PM
Why do earth not Fall on Sun? G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 0 April 28th 08 12:23 PM
The Fall. TOPposter. Amateur Astronomy 0 September 24th 07 09:31 AM