There are canals on Mars.

Old January 6th 18, 06:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default There are canals on Mars.

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.
Old January 6th 18, 06:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

Old January 6th 18, 07:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them. Something happened and we can no longer see them.

Old January 6th 18, 08:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 11:07:55 AM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them. Something happened and we can no longer see them.

Well Percival himself believed that desertification was an ongoing process. So perhaps the canals he saw have simply dried up!

Double-A

Old January 6th 18, 09:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them. Something
happened and we can no longer see them.

*** during my pot smoking days I used to see all kind of
things ... little white elephants, not to mention the blobs
of my Lava Lamp morphing into all kinds of creatures ..
just sayin' ... the mind tried to put order to chaos ...

Old January 6th 18, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Double-A" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 11:07:55 AM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them.
Something happened and we can no longer see them.

Well Percival himself believed that desertification was an ongoing process.
So perhaps the canals he saw have simply dried up!

Double-A

*** even if the California aqua-ducts were to dry up, you could
still see them from space just as if they were full of water.
Methinks old Percival was hitting the bottle just a tad ...

Old January 6th 18, 09:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 1:09:41 PM UTC-8, Hägar wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 11:07:55 AM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them.
Something happened and we can no longer see them.

Well Percival himself believed that desertification was an ongoing process.
So perhaps the canals he saw have simply dried up!

Double-A

*** even if the California aqua-ducts were to dry up, you could
still see them from space just as if they were full of water.
Methinks old Percival was hitting the bottle just a tad ...

I noticed I could sometimes see the veins in my eye while looking through a telescope. I suspect that might be what old Percival was seeing.

Double-A

Old January 6th 18, 09:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 1:07:44 PM UTC-8, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them. Something
happened and we can no longer see them.

*** during my pot smoking days I used to see all kind of
things ... little white elephants, not to mention the blobs
of my Lava Lamp morphing into all kinds of creatures ..
just sayin' ... the mind tried to put order to chaos ...

Oh, you are confessing to being a one time pot smoker! So tell us, what other illegal substances did you indulge it? Do you think they have permanently affected you mind?

Double-A

Old January 6th 18, 09:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 3:09:41 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Saturday, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them.
Something happened and we can no longer see them.

Well Percival himself believed that desertification was an ongoing process.
So perhaps the canals he saw have simply dried up!

Double-A

*** even if the California aqua-ducts were to dry up, you could
still see them from space just as if they were full of water.
Methinks old Percival was hitting the bottle just a tad ...

It is difficult for a respected scientist who does calculations that find Pluto to have hallucinations over a stable visual image. It is an illusion to think he did not see what he saw. It is archived scientific history. We dismiss it because we are not smart enough to explain it.

Old January 6th 18, 10:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:52:43 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Perceval Lowell saw them. He drew pictures of them.

*** Al "massage with happy ending" Gore sees sea levels rising ...
doesn't mean it is true ...

But Percival Lowell, the man who helped us find Pluto, saw them. Something
happened and we can no longer see them.

*** during my pot smoking days I used to see all kind of
things ... little white elephants, not to mention the blobs
of my Lava Lamp morphing into all kinds of creatures ..
just sayin' ... the mind tried to put order to chaos ...

Don'cha know that smoking is bad for ya ?
I always herbalized with edibles.