Perseid spotting!

Old August 11th 09, 11:30 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Les Hemmings[_4_]

Default Perseid spotting!

Went out to look for early Perseids (pre peak, ... saw one if you stretch
the radiant!) but ended up transfixed by Jupiter! Bugger me it looks good
naked eye tonight!

Rev. Les Hemmings (First Church of Atheism) aa #2251

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

Old August 12th 09, 12:35 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Dave Liquorice[_2_]

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:30:21 +0100, Les Hemmings wrote:

Went out to look for early Perseids (pre peak, ... saw one if you
stretch the radiant!) but ended up transfixed by Jupiter! Bugger me it
looks good naked eye tonight!

Bah humbug. Can hardly see the lights of the village a mile and half
away through the rain and hill fog let alone anything in the sky...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old August 12th 09, 11:53 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
BillyPIg

Same here. Between the wife and myself, we saw 4 (2 reasonable and 2 faily
good ) tracks in about 45 minutes. Played around in the milky way with the
binos for a while and decided to call it a day. Was just closing up the
house when I saw Jupiter, so out came the scope. Yes it was looking good.

Pete K

Old August 12th 09, 12:25 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
M Holmes

Les Hemmings wrote:

Went out to look for early Perseids (pre peak, ... saw one if you stretch
the radiant!) but ended up transfixed by Jupiter! Bugger me it looks good
naked eye tonight!

Looked out from Edinburgh pre-dawn and we had complete haze here.

FoFP

Old August 12th 09, 02:45 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Neil[_2_]

"Les Hemmings" wrote in message

Went out to look for early Perseids (pre peak, ... saw one if you stretch
the radiant!) but ended up transfixed by Jupiter! Bugger me it looks good
naked eye tonight!

Rev. Les Hemmings (First Church of Atheism) aa #2251

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

If you stretch the radiant? That's a little dishonest! 'Bugger me' and
'naked eye'! So you're an amateur astronomer all right but what does Rev.
stand for? ;-)

Neil

P.S Don't bother replying as I off to hide somewhere ;-)

Old August 12th 09, 10:47 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Les Hemmings[_4_]

Neil wrote:
So you're an amateur astronomer all right but what does
Rev. stand for? ;-)

Neil

Able to perform marriages, funerals but maybe not Bar Mitzvah's ;o)

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

Spotting a Nova? Mark Earnest Misc 1 October 11th 08 02:24 PM
Shuttle spotting vag-com Space Shuttle 5 December 11th 06 06:31 PM
SWAN Spotting John Whisenhunt Amateur Astronomy 4 October 29th 06 06:17 PM
Spotting Scope [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 2 February 23rd 06 10:17 PM
Aurora spotting Brian O'Halloran UK Astronomy 1 October 28th 03 07:17 PM