A retrospective look at Sirius B in its red supergiant phase

Old May 7th 09, 04:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

Default A retrospective look at Sirius B in its red supergiant phase

On May 5, 12:57*pm, BradGuth wrote:
A “what if” retrospective look at Sirius B in its red supergiant
phase:

I bet you think we’ve seen just about everything Sirius has to offer.
(think again)
*http://www.cosmicastronomy.com/oscillat.htm#sirius
*Not that far better instruments don’t exist that could easily
accomplish a thousand fold better and of multiple narrow bandpass
imaging results of Sirius, but what the hell when at least an honest
amateur gives us a no-charge freebie whack, because we got nothing to
lose but our self-rightists pride in all things faith-based and/or
government moderated.

Red giant stars are supposedly many, and yet remain a little hard to
come by, as only a few public images of whatever is within 1000 light
years seem to exist that fit within the bloated size and color
saturated eye-candy profiles that we’ve been taught to accept.
However, the visible spectrum is extremely limited as to what is
otherwise technically accessible from just above and below our
genetically limited and thus inferior visual spectrum. (seems entirely
odd that our human evolution was rather careless in having discarded
so much nifty visual capability, in that other creatures seem to have
a far wider visual spectrum capability that includes some UV and IR
without any need of applied technology)

“Red Giant Star Found to Have Massive Tail” *The obvious bow-wave
proves that even 64 km/s is pushing towards the intergalactic terminal
velocity of such stellar motion for items of this volumetric inflated
red giant size (a mere fraction of what the Sirius B red supergiant
had to have represented)http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Red_G...Have_Massive_T...
*Mira_A of 1.2 M solar mass and several hundred solar radii (UV
colorized as bluish): “A dying star situated 400 light years away from
us exhibits an unusual and massive tail of heated gas that spreads for
more than 13 light years.” *Trekking it’s way through space at a rogue
velocity of 64 km/s none the less.
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mira
*http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/galex/20070815/a.html

Sirius B could have been looking much like an image of Mira A, except
a whole lot larger (1000 solar radii), as viewed in visible and near
IR, as that of a nearby red supergiant star, nearly half that of the
star Betelgeuse.
*http://xmm.esac.esa.int/external/xmm...osium/173770_m....

Mira A, and lots more composite observationology from FAS
*http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/docs/rst/Sect20/A6.html

There are many possibilities, as for how Sirius B used to function as
a truly massive (9 solar mass) and extremely vibrant star, thereby
extremely hot and fast consuming itself prior to becoming the
impressive red supergiant, creating another planetary nebula phase
before ending as the little white dwarf. *For all we know Sirius B was
even a variable kind of red giant and then perhaps a slow nova
flashover phase prior to finishing off as the compressed white dwarf
we can barely see today.

These following examples are probably similar or perhaps representing
a slightly smaller version of what the Sirius star/solar system looked
like once Sirius B had started turning itself from an impressive red
supergiant into a white dwarf of perhaps 1/8th its original mass,
taking roughly 64~96,000 years for this explosive mass shedding phase
to happen. *A few tens of billions of years later is when such a white
dwarf eventually becomes a black dwarf, kind of black diamond spent
star, in that our universe may or may not be quite old enough to
display such examples.
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_nebula
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix_Nebula
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%27s_Eye_Nebula
*http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap031207.html
*http://www.uv.es/jrtorres/index6.html

Betelgeuse has been a massive red supergiant at 20+ fold the mass of
our sun, and likely worth somewhat better than two fold the mass of
the original Sirius B, as Betelgeuse currently having expanded to 1000
solar radii and growing, it'll certainly become a truly impressive
nova whenever it suddenly transforms into a white dwarf that’s nearly
the size of Saturn.

The soon to be renewed and greatly improved Hubble instrument should
accomplish the improved spectrum coverage, along with improved
resolution and several extra DB in dynamic range of imaging most
everything, along with other existing and soon to be ESA deployed
telescopes that are far superior yet, should give us even better
composite examples of what Sirius B used to look like, and quite
possibly our first light of Sirius C.

This kind of investment in astronomy should give some of us a better
deductive observationology interpretation as to what transpired right
next door to us, as well as having unavoidably contributed to some of
what our solar system has to offer. *However, perhaps there’s too much
information about the Sirius star/solar system for the public to
grasp, without causing more faith-based and political harm than good.
*http://www.cosmicastronomy.com/oscillat.htm#sirius

*~ BG

What if I'm right?

It seems there's not another soul on Earth that can stipulate as to
where the massive Sirius star/solar system originally was as of
250~300 million years ago. Apparently all of our spendy DARPA and
NASA stellar motion simulators are broken. Either that or each and
every one of their brown-nosed clowns are being rather disingenuous.

~ BG
Old May 8th 09, 12:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

[...]

Regardless of what a devout Zionist Nazi rabbi and any number of their
brown-nosed clowns have to say, what if I'm right?

Since nothing migrates in any cosmic straight line (not even photons),
and essentially everything is in orbit around something, whereas it
seems there's not another soul on Earth that can stipulate as to
exactly where the massive Sirius star/solar system originally was as
of 250~300 million years ago. Apparently all of our spendy DARPA and
NASA stellar motion simulators are broken, as not one retro stellar
motion plot seems to exist of the Sirius star/solar system. Either

Old May 9th 09, 01:16 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Apr 27, 4:47*am, BradGuth wrote:
Red giant stars are many, and yet still a little hard to come by, as
only a few public images of whatever is within 1000 light years seem
to exist that fit within the color saturated eye-candy profiles that
we’ve been taught to accept. *However, the visible spectrum is
extremely limited as to what is otherwise technically accessible from
just above and below our genetically limited and thus inferior visual
spectrum. (seems entirely odd that our human evolution was so careless
in having discarded so much visual capability, in that other creatures
seem to have a far wider visual spectrum capability that includes some
UV and IR)

“Red Giant Star Found to Have Massive Tail”
*http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Red_G...Have_Massive_T....
*Mira A of several hundred solar radii (UV colorized as bluish): “A
dying star situated 400 light years away from us exhibits an unusual
and massive tail of heated gas that spreads for more than 13 light
years.”
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mira
*http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/galex/20070815/a.html

Sirius B could have been much like an image of Mira A, except a whole
lot larger (1000 solar radii), as viewed in visible and near IR
*http://xmm.esac.esa.int/external/xmm...osium/173770_m....

Mira A and lots more composite observationology from FAS
*http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/docs/rst/Sect20/A6.html

There are many possibilities, as for how Sirius B used to function as
a truly massive (9 solar mass) star, thereby extremely hot and fast
burning prior to becoming a red supergiant, creating an impressive
planetary nebula phase before ending as the little white dwarf. *For
all we know Sirius B was even a variable kind of red giant and then
perhaps a slow nova flashover phase prior to finishing off as the
white dwarf.

These following examples are probably similar or perhaps representing
a slightly smaller version of what the Sirius star/solar system looked
like once Sirius B had started turning itself from an impressive red
supergiant into a white dwarf of perhaps 1/8th its original mass,
taking roughly 64~96,000 years for this explosive mass shedding phase
to happen. *A few tens of billions of years later is when such a white
dwarf eventually becomes a black dwarf, kind of black diamond spent
star, in that our universe may or may not be quite old enough to
display such examples.
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_nebula
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix_Nebula
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%27s_Eye_Nebula
*http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap031207.html
*http://www.uv.es/jrtorres/index6.html

Betelgeuse has been a massive red giant at 20+ fold the mass of our
sun, and likely worth nearly 3 fold the mass of the original Sirius B,
and currently expanded to 1000 solar radii, and it'll be truly
impressive nova whenever it transforms into a white dwarf nearly the
size of Jupiter.

The soon to be renewed and improved Hubble should accomplish the
improved spectrum and resolution of most everything, along with other
existing and soon to be deployed telescopes should give us even better
composite examples of what Sirius B used to look like. *This may give
some of us a better interpretation as to what transpired right next
door to us, as well as having unavoidably contributed to some of what
our solar system has to offer.

Regardless of whatever a devout Zionist Nazi rabbi and any number of
their brown-nosed clowns have to say, what if I'm right?

Since nothing migrates about this universe or within any galaxy in any
cosmic straight line (not even photons), whereas essentially
everything is thereby in orbit around something, whereas it seems
there's not another soul on Earth that can stipulate as to exactly
where the massive Sirius star/solar system originally was as of
250~300 million years ago.

Apparently all of our spendy DARPA and NASA stellar motion simulators
are broken, as not one retro stellar motion plot seems to exist of the
Sirius star/solar system. Either that, or each and every one of
their brown-nosed clowns of mainstream damage-control are being rather
disingenuous, if not downright bogus.

~ BG
Old May 9th 09, 01:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 8, 5:16*pm, BradGuth wrote:
[...]

Where's the stellar motion trek of our nearby Sirius star/solar
system, going back 300 million years?

~ BG
Old May 9th 09, 10:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

A “what if” retrospective look at Sirius B in its red supergiant
phase, and the first illusive dim light of Sirius C that can’t be too
far off.

Could the Sirius ABC collective ever go supernovae?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova
According to Wikipedia, the extremely nearby and still very massive
Sirius star system doesn’t hardly exist as any past, present or future
threat, even though having only recently existed, as well as having
flashed over to a white dwarf, and Sirius C not having been optically
identified.

I bet you think we’ve seen just about everything Sirius has to offer.
(think again)
http://www.cosmicastronomy.com/oscillat.htm#sirius
Not that far better instruments haven’t existed that could easily
accomplish a thousand fold better and of multiple narrow bandpass
imaging results of Sirius, but what the hell when at least an honest
amateur gives us a no-charge freebie whack at Sirius, we might as well
pay some attention because we got nothing to lose but our self-
rightists pride in all things faith-based and/or government moderated.

Red giant stars are supposedly many, and yet they remain a little hard
to come by, as only a few public images of whatever is within 1000
light years seem to exist that fit within the bloated size and color
saturated eye-candy profiles that we’ve been taught to accept, and
stellar flashovers are simply next to impossible to record. However,
the visible spectrum is extremely limited as to what is otherwise
technically accessible from just above and below our genetically
limited and thus inferior visual spectrum. (seems entirely odd that
our human evolution was rather careless in having discarded so much
nifty visual capability, in that other creatures that supposedly lack
the necessary intelligence seem to have a far wider visual spectrum
capability that includes some UV and IR without any need of applied
technology)

In most exoplanet and brown dwarf hunting cases, the given primary
star has to be looked at multiple hundred times in order to measure
any primary or secondary star variations in those photons of any given
bandpass filtered application.
http://irfu.cea.fr/Sap/en/Phocea/Vie...tu&id_ast=2483
Since Sirius A remains as such a substantial illuminating star is why
it’s rather difficult to image much of anything else, especially
compromised from within our atmosphere. In this case they were
primarily hunting for a potential red dwarf on a 20002500 year
elongated/elliptical orbit, instead of seeking to uncover any nearby
brown dwarf such as Sirius C .06M. They did however manage to detect
a substantial disk of unusual IR intensity surrounding the nearly
invisible Sirius B.

For Sirius C hunting we need a 100X TRACE instrument with extended
dynamic range that can directly image the extremely hot surfaces of
Sirius A and B without losing the surrounding details of whatever
relatively dim brown dwarf(s).

Perhaps a few LHC do-overs can also help us understand what makes
subatomic particles, atoms and stars tick, by way of creating
artificial black holes, H2/He flashovers and possibly even a
terrestrial nova will give us those cosmic laws of physics that’ll
some day allow us to make antimatter and fusion kinds of energy and
interstellar treks within a given generation, and otherwise improve
the quality of terrestrial life (a first for astrophysics) for the
rest of us.

“Red Giant Star Found to Have Massive Tail” The obvious bow-wave
proves that even 64 km/s is pushing towards the intergalactic terminal
velocity of such stellar motion for items of this volumetric inflated
red giant size (Mira being as little as a mere eight of what the
original Sirius B red supergiant should have represented)
http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Red_G...l_077 84.html
Mira_A of 1.2 M solar mass and bloated out to several hundred solar
radii (UV colorized as bluish): “A dying star situated 400 light years
away from us exhibits an unusual and massive tail of heated gas that
spreads for more than 13 light years.” Trekking it’s way through
space at a seemingly rogue velocity of 64 km/s none the less.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mira
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/galex/20070815/a.html

Sirius B could have been looking much like an image of Mira A, except
moving along at less than 10 km/s with respect to us, and otherwise
nearly 8 fold more massive and certainly having expanded a whole lot
larger (1000 solar radii), as viewed in visible and near IR, as that
of a nearby red supergiant star, and perhaps nearly half the mass of
the star Betelgeuse.
http://xmm.esac.esa.int/external/xmm...aab_v2_col.pdf

Mira A, plus lots more composite observationology from FAS
http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/docs/rst/Sect20/A6.html

There are many possibilities as for how Sirius B used to function as a
truly massive (9 solar mass) plus that of an extremely vibrant star,
thereby ultra hot and unavoidably fast consuming upon itself prior to
becoming the impressive red supergiant, as well as creating another
planetary nebula or dense molecular phase before ending as the little
white dwarf that we can barely see without technology. For all we
know, for quite a while Sirius B was a variable kind of red supergiant
and then perhaps a slow nova flashover phase prior to finishing off as
the compressed white dwarf.

These following examples are probably similar or perhaps representing
a slightly smaller version of what the Sirius star/solar system looked
like once Sirius B had started turning itself from an impressive red
supergiant and suddenly into a white dwarf of perhaps 1/8th its
previous mass, taking roughly 32~96,000 years for this accellerated
mass shedding phase to happen. A few tens of billions of years later
is when such a white dwarf eventually becomes a black carbon dwarf, as
kind of a black diamond spent star that our universe may or may not be
quite old enough to display such examples.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_nebula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix_Nebula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%27s_Eye_Nebula
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap031207.html
http://www.uv.es/jrtorres/index6.html

Betelgeuse has been a massive red supergiant at 20+ fold the mass of
our sun, and likely worth somewhat better than two fold the mass of
the original Sirius B. Betelgeuse currently having expanded to 1000
solar radii and growing, it'll certainly become a truly impressive
flashover whenever it runs out of helium and suddenly transforms
itself into a white dwarf that’s nearly the size of Saturn.

The soon to be renewed and greatly improved Hubble instrument should
accomplish the improved spectrum coverage, along with improved
resolution and several extra DB in dynamic range of imaging most
everything, along with other existing and soon to be ESA deployed
telescopes that are far superior yet, should give us even better
composite examples of what Sirius B used to look like, and quite
possibly our first light of Sirius C.

This kind of public investment in astronomy should give some of us a
better deductive kind of observationology, of somewhat less subjective
interpretations as to what sort of stellar birth, growth and demise
transpired right next door to us, as well as having unavoidably
contributed to some of what our solar system has to offer. However,
perhaps there’s too much information already known about the Sirius

Old May 9th 09, 10:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

*http://irfu.cea.fr/Sap/en/Phocea/Vie...php?t=actu&id_...

original Sirius B red supergiant should have represented)http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Red_G...Have_Massive_T...
[...]

Notice how certain faith-based mindsets (mostly of the Old Testament)
and politically skewed types (mostly of the republican pretend-Atheist
kind) are continually oblivious and/or dumbfounded as to most of
everything around us, especially if such involves anything bad or
unexpectedly spendy as hell.

Secondly, notice how they can't ever manage to say with any expertise
or much less peer replicated results, as to where exactly the creation/
birth of the truly massive Sirius star/solar system took place, other
than insisting it was supposedly nowhere nearby our solar system.
However, I find these highly subjective and typically obfuscation
loaded kinds of replies less believable than LeapFrog published
infomercial physics and science stuff, but then that’s understandably
setting our truth standards a bit high.
~ BG
Old May 10th 09, 03:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 9, 2:33*pm, BradGuth wrote:
[...]

Looks like I'll have to further polish this topic and resubmit after
having edited and shared some links to the research of others that
still give a damn, and otherwise we'll continually have to put up with
all he usual incessant whinings and blowhard nature of certain topic/
author stalking rabbis, as well as tolerate a few other faith-based
closed mindsets that never want to take anything off-world seriously,
much less given any positive/constructive credit (especially if
there's any remote chance of involving ET bugs, microbes, spores or
DNA of any kind).

Notice how there's not so much as a peep as to where Sirius originally
was as of 200300 million years ago. Some research of sufficient peer
review has suggested the age of the Sirius star/solar system at as
little as 200 million years, while others support the notion that all
cosmic items are essentially in orbit around something, just like our
solar system is orbiting the galactic center of our Milky Way and
otherwise remains tidal associated with a few nearby stars, especially
those of considerable mass.

~ BG
Old May 11th 09, 09:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

Sadly the Sirius star/solar system is perhaps too nearby and still way
too vibrant for our astronomy that's focused on whatever is billions
of light years further away.

The 100x TRACE-II or TRACEx100 instrument that I've mentioned would
cost perhaps at most 1% of the all-inclusive Hubble investment, and
that's because of it's relatively compact size, plus that it wouldn't
ever need the sorts of risky and spendy human servicing, nor even all
that spendy of initial R&D or deployment. This 100x TRACE could also
be used to study our own sun and a few others, like the red supergiant
Betelgeuse and most anything else that's within its optical resolution
and wide spectrum range.

~ BG

Old May 11th 09, 11:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 11, 1:17*pm, BradGuth wrote:
[...]

If nothing goes wrong with this final Hubble repair/upgrade, we’ll
have a good $12+ billion invested, and still little old TRACE is doing
it’s far more important thing at initially less than $50M. A pair of
new and improved TRACEx100s might run us $120M, or roughly 1% of our
Hubble investment, and that’s without ever having to risk one human
cell or strand of DNA, nor causing 1% the global pollution. I might
go so far as to suggest situating one of the TRACEx100s at Earth L1,
and the other at Earth L2, as that way we could have a stereo view of
Sirius, plus many other stereo/3D applications.

Either TRACEx100 could also perform multiple OCO duties, as well as
some limited Selene/moon related science.

~ BG
Old May 13th 09, 03:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,misc.education.science,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

The cosmic creation of the nearby Sirius star/solar system, as recent
as 200 million years ago, seams a little too good to be true and
otherwise a little too damn lucky for us. However, since this topic
is officially Usenet/newsgroup banished and otherwise taboo/
nondisclosure rated, perhaps we'll just have to forget that anything
of the cosmic and stellar sort of creation process ever happened.

[...]

Just pretend that I never mentioned anything about this pesky Sirius
star/solar system, and never mind the nearby nova when that happens.
However, if any 5th graders are looking for a really nifty science
project that'll seriously blow your teachers away and scare the hell
out of most everyone else: you got my number.

~ BG