Another nice NLC display last night (sun 19th July)

Old July 20th 09, 09:51 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,uk.sci.weather
Martin Brown

Default Another nice NLC display last night (sun 19th July)

The run of spectacular noctilucent clouds continues with a very fine
display last night in North Yorkshire. It was very clear last night.

A bit low on the northern horizon stretching up to about 10 degrees
altitude and 30 degrees wide with electric blue wisps of bright cloud
forming a roughly oval outline. It almost looked like some daylight sky
had been grafted into the dark late twilight which I suppose is close to
the reality since the stratospheric clouds are still in sunlight.

Did anyone get any decent pictures of the display?

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old July 20th 09, 10:17 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,uk.sci.weather
Les Crossan

Martin Brown wrote:
The run of spectacular noctilucent clouds continues with a very fine
display last night in North Yorkshire. It was very clear last night.

A bit low on the northern horizon stretching up to about 10 degrees
altitude and 30 degrees wide with electric blue wisps of bright cloud
forming a roughly oval outline. It almost looked like some daylight sky
had been grafted into the dark late twilight which I suppose is close to
the reality since the stratospheric clouds are still in sunlight.

Did anyone get any decent pictures of the display?

Regards,
Martin Brown

My webcams caught this NLC event in the morning before sunrise, watch
the NLC observers homepage as i'm just about to report it...

Les
Old July 20th 09, 08:21 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,uk.sci.weather
Rob Brooks

Hi
I'm in Leeds some 50 miles further south and managed to get some good pics
of the Noctilucent clouds at around 0350 this morning. If you can guide me
through of how I get these ont to this NG I will post. I had a few years
observing these spectacular clouds whilst I was at Linton on Ouse in the
70's and this t ime of year is always guaranteed to produce some good
displays.
Rob

Old July 21st 09, 12:59 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,uk.sci.weather
John Aldridge

In article ,
says...
The run of spectacular noctilucent clouds continues with a very fine
display last night in North Yorkshire. It was very clear last night.

:
Did anyone get any decent pictures of the display?

Not of last night's, but morning of 18th June
http://www.jjdash.demon.co.uk/astropix/noctilucent.jpeg
and morning of 2nd July
http://www.jjdash.demon.co.uk/astrop...tilucent2.jpeg

--
Cheers,
John
Old July 21st 09, 10:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,uk.sci.weather
Rodney Blackall

In article ,
John Aldridge wrote:
In article ,
says...
The run of spectacular noctilucent clouds continues with a very fine
display last night in North Yorkshire. It was very clear last night.

:
Did anyone get any decent pictures of the display?

Not of last night's, but morning of 18th June
http://www.jjdash.demon.co.uk/astropix/noctilucent.jpeg
and morning of 2nd July
http://www.jjdash.demon.co.uk/astrop...tilucent2.jpeg

If the low cloud clears, as it has here Tuesday night, then you have another
chance toight.

--
Rodney Blackall (retired meteorologist)(BSc, FRMetS)
Buckingham, ENGLAND

Old August 9th 09, 02:11 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,uk.sci.weather
Mr. Benn

John Aldridge wrote in
:

In article ,
says...
The run of spectacular noctilucent clouds continues with a very fine
display last night in North Yorkshire. It was very clear last night.

:
Did anyone get any decent pictures of the display?

Not of last night's, but morning of 18th June
http://www.jjdash.demon.co.uk/astropix/noctilucent.jpeg
and morning of 2nd July
http://www.jjdash.demon.co.uk/astrop...tilucent2.jpeg

The 2nd July photo is great John. I have just set it to be my Windows
backdrop.

Where was it taken?