Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old March 24th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

In article , "Robert J. Kolker" writes:
Disney was an honest business man. He did not have twenty four billion
to spend on leaving footprints on the Moon. He probably did not even
have a billion to spend. On the other hand, the U.S. government anually
rapes and plunders is citizens so it has the money to do such useful
things as leaving foot prints on the moon.

With all the things that the government wastes my tax dollars on, NASA is
one of the few of them I'd actually support with my own money. I've long
thought that taxpayers should get to decide what government programs get
100% of their tax dollars. Programs that don't get funded don't get done.

If the gummint was going to spend that kind of money, it should have set
up habitats ( a system similar to Antarctica) for science study and
funded telescopes to be built on the dark side of the moon. At least we
would have gotten decent astronomy out of it.

There is no DARK side of the moon. Except in vinyl. LEO is just as good (or
better) for astronomy than the lunar surface.

--
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!
www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

Look at governmental programs for the past fifty years. Every single one --
except for warfare -- achieved the exact opposite of its announced goal.
Old March 24th 06, 06:51 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:16:53 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

The only people who actually do any work are
contractors.

People like Morton Thiakol personel. Wonderful. When NASA sat on them,
they folded and let Challanger fly. We all know what happened after that.

Well, at least they did something besides sit around all day.

Anyway, it's a miracle more such "accidents" have not happened.

NASA is a rotten corrupt organization

Name one govt entity that isn't. You can't.

and should be abolished.

You know that is not practical. Too many political favors get paid off
with NASA.

Would you rather the money went to make more crack babies instead?

--
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Old March 24th 06, 06:59 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:47:27 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Feel free to provide the legal authority for Morton Thiokol to have stopped
the flight.

They cold have told NASA do not fly and they could have gone to the
newspapers and the broadcast media. They didn't. ****ing cowards. NASA
being run by the brain dead and dickless would have folded.

For years a small group of ex-NASA workers had been complaining about
all sorts of internal problems, from fuel pumps to the tiles. I picked
up on it thru professional organization news. But most people did not
know.

No one cared. They had a mission, one that was extremely risky. Being
judgemental, especially after the fact, is like whining about broken
bones in a football game.

NASA was worth every penny spent. If somehow we could have tied fusion
to NASA, we would have abundant cheap energy today.

Old March 24th 06, 07:00 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Robert J. Kolker wrote:
Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

We spent and spent then ****ed it away. And for what?

For beating the Russian communists, for which, Apollo was an extremely
useful and cost-effective tool. It was responsible for the foundation
that Reagan was able to stand on to finish the job. Duh.

In other words the mission to the moon was a
my-dick-is-bigger-than-Kruschev's-dick undertaking.

By the way, the so-called "star wars" initiative was an unmanned
project. It had nothing to do with going to the moon.

Bob Kolker

keep talking, trollita...
Old March 24th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:33:50 -0500, Robert Juliano
wrote:

it would appear that friend kolker wants to be a troll. He seems
blithely indifferent to facts, or reason, preferring "ka ka" over spin offs.

He really sounds like one of those ridiculous dianics that I am forced
to deal with at certain conventions.

Kolker and I like to play foil to one another's outrageous posts.

This is Usenet - lighten up.

Old March 24th 06, 07:03 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:25:21 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Transistors were invented in Cherry Hill, NJ in 1947, and released for
public use in 1948.

Actually the transistor was invented at Purdue University before Bell
Labs. Purdue was the place where the diode was invented.

NASA has zero, zilch, nada to do with it. Cherry
Hill is where Bell Telephone Labs was. NASA or its predecessor agency
did not even exist at the time. The solid state electronics revolution
was initiated in a purely commercial (not academtic!) context.

VLSI was fueled by NASA.

An important rule of our fascist dictatorship is that the Military
Industrial Complex does not miss a trick. Just remember that
throughout history man has always used new technology for military
purposes first.

Not true. Transistors were first used to automate telephone call
switching.

I am talking about the entire microelectronic and computer industries,
not just the transistor.

Old March 24th 06, 07:19 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Bob wrote:
with NASA.

Would you rather the money went to make more crack babies instead?

How about our money staying in our pockets?

BTW I once proposed the Great Harlem Crack Drop. The proposal was to
drop enough crack on Harlem (or the black nbhd of your choice) to be at
least ankle deep. The wait a week. The silence would deafen one.

Lest anyone think I am racist, I point out the just because crack is
ankle deep on the sidewalk, does not mean one must smoke it.

Bob Kolker
Old March 24th 06, 07:41 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:19:19 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Bob wrote:
with NASA.

Would you rather the money went to make more crack babies instead?

How about our money staying in our pockets?

BTW I once proposed the Great Harlem Crack Drop. The proposal was to
drop enough crack on Harlem (or the black nbhd of your choice) to be at
least ankle deep. The wait a week. The silence would deafen one.

Lest anyone think I am racist, I point out the just because crack is
ankle deep on the sidewalk, does not mean one must smoke it.

How does that establish you aren't a racist?

Old March 24th 06, 08:05 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message ...

BTW I once proposed the Great Harlem Crack Drop. The proposal was to drop enough crack on Harlem (or the black nbhd of your
choice) to be at least ankle deep. The wait a week. The silence would deafen one.

Lest anyone think I am racist, I point out the just because crack is ankle deep on the sidewalk, does not mean one must smoke it.

No, racist isn't quite the right word to describe you.

I was thinking more like "abortion".

Old March 24th 06, 08:24 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

David Johnston wrote:

How does that establish you aren't a racist?

A racist would assume implicitly that the first thing a negro would do
when he saw a crack pellet would be to smoke it. I assume negroes have
free will, just as I do.

Bob Kolker