Purchase advice for a newbie

Old January 3rd 05, 02:17 AM
Alan Deadman

Default Purchase advice for a newbie

Hello All

I would be very grateful if you could let me know the best telescope to
purchase for £1000 (new or used) from the UK..

If possible, it should be controllable by a computer (preferably Apple OSX).

I am based in Leicester and I am hoping to be able to find somewhere that
can demonstrate the difference between the different makes/models.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Old January 3rd 05, 03:17 AM
Paul Lawler

Alan Deadman wrote in
:

Hello All

I would be very grateful if you could let me know the best telescope
to purchase for £1000 (new or used) from the UK..

If possible, it should be controllable by a computer (preferably Apple
OSX).

I am based in Leicester and I am hoping to be able to find somewhere
that can demonstrate the difference between the different
makes/models.

Hi Alan,

In all honesty, if you are really more interested in computer technology
you would do better to get yourself some wonderful planetarium software, or
sign up for one of those sites on the web where you can control a telescope
from your living room.

On the other hand if you are interested in observing, you will want as much
aperture as you can lay your hands on...and reasonably transport to dark
sky sites. I would suggest an 8" or 10" reflector on a Dobsonian mount,
which will give you at least 4 to 5 times the light gathering ability of a
computerized scope for the same expenditure in pounds sterling.
Old January 3rd 05, 05:44 AM
Twittering One

Hello All

I would be very grateful if you could let me know the best telescope to
purchase for £1000 (new or used) from the UK..

If possible, it should be controllable by a computer (preferably Apple OSX).

I am based in Leicester and I am hoping to be able to find somewhere that
can demonstrate the difference between the different makes/models.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Leicester? O alas. Deade or Lightweight ~
A Beatle haven waves, snatches bait,
Darts afar
Away. O, that smarts, you say? Hark!
A half-tone away rings The Hour's School
Day. Just inquire for the Maven of Marmelade's
Poodle's groomer: A Petite Salon, or Petty Paw's
Choreography. A glass beach, a far reach ~
Tranluscent seas wash ashore
Me. Just another stray
Cast away
From home's known shore, a story old, an epic
Legendary. A graphed insolence
Ensouled upon my shrine. O, I do
Whine...Got
Wine?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old January 3rd 05, 07:11 AM
Twittering One

"...I am based in Leicester
And I am hoping to be able to find somewhere
That can demonstrate the difference
Between the different makes/models.
Thanks in advance.â€
~ Alan Deadman

Leicester? O alas. Deade or Lightweight ~
A Beatle haven waves, snatches bait,
Darts afar
Away. O, that smarts, you say? Hark!
A half-tone rings away The Hour’s School
Day. Tune the White Album, or
Just inquire for the Maven of Marmalade’s
Poodle’s groomer. He runs “Petite Philippe’s Salon,â€
Also knows by heart
Petty Paw’s choreography for that opera
“A Glass Beach, the Far Reach ~ Translucent Seas Wash Ashore.â€
Me? Just another stray
Cast away
From home’s known shore, a story old, an epic
Legendary graphed insolence upon me,
Ensouled my shrine. O, I do
Whine...Got
Wine? An antique bottle, a revered vessel
For my nouveau spirited
Desire I require. For
I desire. I aspire. I admire.

Too,
I found a flyer on the sand
Saying
Dragon tamer required.
Wire credentials. Hiring
Now.

O, demonstrate, you ask, the differential equation
Axiomatic models make? Sit.
Have some cake. I’ll get back
To you.

*
_______

Old January 3rd 05, 10:42 PM
Double-A

Twittering One wrote:
[snip]

Whine...Got
Wine? An antique bottle, a revered vessel
For my nouveau spirited
Desire I require. For
I desire. I aspire. I admire.

Yes, I have a number of those antique bottles of well aged wine of
revered vintage of which I spoke. They only await your delightful
presence for their uncorking.

Double-A