Meade Autostar cold temperature solution?

Old November 27th 03, 11:20 PM
Scutter

Default Meade Autostar cold temperature solution?

I posted this in the "alt.telescope.meade" newsgroup also, but since
"sci.astro.amateur" is much more active I figured the chance of finding more
ideas might be a little better here on this newsgroup.

This being my first winter with a Meade Autostar 497 I am looking to find a
way to keep the Autostar handset's temperature above freezing, as it becomes
unreadable when it gets to around 27 degrees F (I live NW of Chicago, IL,
and this is going to be a problem all winter).

I am looking at different ways to do this, such as using eyepiece heaters,
chemical hand warmers, etc. I figured others must have solved this issue
already, since I have read of many complaints to this affect. If you have a
solution, how have you done it? How well does it work?

I appreciate any and all responses.

Thanks,
--
Dan Braasch

Old November 27th 03, 11:28 PM
Joe S.

Check out Mike Weasner's Mighty ETX site -- post your question there also.
http://www.weasner.com/etx/menu.html

--

----
Joe S.

Old November 28th 03, 02:04 AM
Scutter

Thanks, great idea. I have never sent Mike a question before, although I
have probably read 90% of his site!

--
Dan Braasch

"Scutter" wrote in message
[...]

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Astronomy Misc 15 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
Storms Of Hot And Cold Gas Rage In Betelgeuse's Turbulent Atmosphere(Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 January 6th 04 04:39 PM