In this corner...

Old April 8th 04, 01:18 AM
Unclaimed Mysteries

Default In this corner...

Scaled Composites gets an FAA license.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040407/D81Q8VQ00.html

Article says two other companies are being considered for FAA
certification, one being an X-Prize contender. Who's that? Who's the
other one? Xcor maybe?

I want RUMORS!

Corry
http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

"Religion isn't the opiate of the masses. When
properly used, religion is the methamphetamine
of the masses." - nu-monet v6.0 in alt.slack
Old April 8th 04, 01:56 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 00:18:45 GMT, in a place far, far away, Unclaimed
Mysteries theletter_k_andthenumeral_4_doh@unclaimedmysterie s.net
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate
that:

Scaled Composites gets an FAA license.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040407/D81Q8VQ00.html

Article says two other companies are being considered for FAA
certification, one being an X-Prize contender. Who's that? Who's the
other one? Xcor maybe?

I want RUMORS!

No rumor. XCOR was the first company to be told that their launch
license application was substantially complete, months ago. But this
isn't FAA certification--it's a launch license.
Old April 8th 04, 03:45 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 01:26:27 GMT, in a place far, far away, Unclaimed
Mysteries theletter_k_andthenumeral_4_doh@unclaimedmysterie s.net
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate
that:

Oh, I should add that the other X-Prize contender is Armadillo.

Thanky for the clarification. I'm looking forward to this competition
taking a higher public profile. And FYI, your DennisMillerization has
been tenatively upgraded to a HankHillization. Congratulationizations.

shrug

I'm indifferent to whatever "...izations" you want to apply to me,
since they seem remarkably uninformed.