OT - Age of The Grand Canyon

Old December 29th 06, 04:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default OT - Age of The Grand Canyon

So how old is The Grand Canyon?
I don't know...when did Noah's Flood occur?:
http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/don/46043/

Pat
Old December 29th 06, 07:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Eric Chomko

Pat Flannery wrote:
So how old is The Grand Canyon?

Six million years. It cuts through two billion years of rock layers.

I don't know...when did Noah's Flood occur?:

Within the last 6800 years.

Old December 29th 06, 08:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David M. Palmer

In article , Pat Flannery
wrote:

So how old is The Grand Canyon?
I don't know...when did Noah's Flood occur?:
http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/don/46043/

That's ridiculous. Everybody knows that the Grand Canyon was formed
when Paul Bunyan walked west after logging the forests of South Dakota,
dragging his axe behind him.

--
David M. Palmer (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)
Old December 29th 06, 09:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

David M. Palmer wrote:

That's ridiculous. Everybody knows that the Grand Canyon was formed
when Paul Bunyan walked west after logging the forests of South Dakota,
dragging his axe behind him.

You saw that Disney cartoon too, didn't you? :-)
I've actually been to Paul Bunyan Land.
What exactly a B-25 "Mitchell" bomber was doing at Paul Bunyan Land was
a bit beyond me, but I liked the Pavlovian trained chickens that would
dance, blow horns, and play pianos when a quarter was put in their
little glass-walled prisons.

Pat
Old December 30th 06, 04:13 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:48:02 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

What exactly a B-25 "Mitchell" bomber was doing at Paul Bunyan Land was
a bit beyond me,

....That's a replica of the one that hit Paul in the back of the head
in 1942. The crew parachuted to safety, but Paul's injuries kept him
out of the War. Which is why he didn't cross the Big Pond and the
Bigger Pond and squash the Nazis and the Japs into sauerkraut and
tofu.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old December 30th 06, 04:20 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:53:27 -0800, "David M. Palmer"
wrote:

That's ridiculous. Everybody knows that the Grand Canyon was formed
when Paul Bunyan walked west after logging the forests of South Dakota,
dragging his axe behind him.

....Horse-hockey. That's the sanitized version for the kids. Truth was
that he was trying to write his name in the dirt, and not only could
he not aim too well, he couldn't spel wurth a fuk ether.

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old December 30th 06, 10:11 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
So how old is The Grand Canyon?

I don't know...when did Noah's Flood occur?:

"This ain't a shower, is it?"

Old December 30th 06, 05:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...That's a replica of the one that hit Paul in the back of the head
in 1942. The crew parachuted to safety, but Paul's injuries kept him
out of the War. Which is why he didn't cross the Big Pond and the
Bigger Pond and squash the Nazis and the Japs into sauerkraut and
tofu.

Suggested New Year's resolution for all (including me):
"Hey...we don't have to be cruel...we don't have to be cruel."
At the moment, this is all in danger of turning into some sort of a
childish hate-fest.
We're older, wiser, more knowledgeable (and let's face it... just plain
better ;-) ), than these little pups who use Usenet newsgroups today
like a bunch of kids having a spitball fight on a schoolbus.
IMHO, we should do one of the following when confronted with someone we
don't agree with:
1.) Answer their arguments with our own opinion, and give citations to
back up our argument against theirs.
2.) Killfile them.
3.) Or at least use some humor, and not venom, in our reply to them.

Pat
Old January 2nd 07, 08:47 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Neil Gerace wrote:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
So how old is The Grand Canyon?

I don't know...when did Noah's Flood occur?:

"This ain't a shower, is it?"

You mean like this one:
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2wsvr...2rainbow94.jpg
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2wsvr..._rainbow94.jpg