Voluminous Mass - A Cosmological Hypothesis

Old November 7th 06, 02:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Voluminous Mass - A Cosmological Hypothesis

"R. Henry Nigl" wrote in message...

Assume our universe to be a voluminous mass.

Volume: Space a certain region occupies

Mass: Defined in terms of the energy and momentum of the system by the
relativistic energy-momentum equation

'Space': One view of space is that it is part of the fundamental structure
of the universe, a set of dimensions in which objects are separated and
located, have size and shape, and through which they can move.

Is this possible? A 'voluminous mass'?

R. Henry Nigl

'Lo RHN --

The view of space you wrote is called the VSP,
short for "void-space paradigm". And this is the
most popular and widely accepted view of space
these days.

"Voluminous mass" appears to be widely used
in medicine to report a fairly large tissue mass
somewhere within the body.

I suppose "anything's possible", however i don't
get that space is a voluminous mass. Space is
an area that is filled with particle mass, atomic
mass and molecular mass plus energies and
plasmas. And instead of being a "void" filled
with all this stuff, some people think that space
itself is made of a special kind of energy that
"flows". And all the known energies and mass
are sort of like fish in an ocean current. They
flow along with space.

It's an interesting search! You can begin here...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yn7h7p

(Note... the above link takes you directly to
the "tinyurl" website where you may "look
before you leap".)

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

Old November 7th 06, 03:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Doug[_1_]

Painius wrote:

And instead of being a "void" filled
with all this stuff, some people think that space
itself is made of a special kind of energy that
"flows". And all the known energies and mass
are sort of like fish in an ocean current. They
flow along with space.

It's an interesting search! You can begin here...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yn7h7p

Thank you for those links, Painius. It's
fascinating stuff, as it ties in with the recent thread here relating
to black holes and "space falling" into them. I''ve just barely begun
to digest the "flowing "space" concept of Dr. Lindner, but one thing
stands out. He does not appear to address it directly, but if black
holes are something that space "falls into", then the big bang would
have been something that space "fell out of". since the textbooks imply
that space itself was created from the big bang. Could black holes
actually be miniature versions of the big bang played backwards?

Doug

Old November 7th 06, 03:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Painius wrote:

[...]

nightbat

Thank you Officer Painius, especially in honor of our most
esteemed and missed colleague and profound honorary Science Officer oc,
for your excellent report. Yes dark matter is a misnomer because it is
more like dark substance or field factor. The field via reflective
discovered latent memory is reciprocal onto itself therefore under
tension with inclination towards field rectification of unified
momentum. The VSP so defended by so many present peers cannot long hold
once fundamental understanding of the field dynamics proceeds. Our
beloved and respected Officer oc who entirely fought to overthrow such
long and misunderstood embedded dogma is sorely missed for his always
brilliant contributing deep insight and input. Officer Zinni my (Spock
like) other most logical Science Officer and most feared and disliked by
many for his proper applied science notations and corrections while
appearing stiff and unemotional is reflective of this present peer
understanding.

carry on,
the nightbat
Old November 7th 06, 09:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

"Doug" wrote in message...
oups.com...

Painius wrote:

[...]

Interesting assessment! Kinda reminds me of
that joke about how a man spends nine months
trying to get out and the rest of his life trying to
get back in! g

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 8th 06, 08:05 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

"nightbat" wrote...
in message ...

nightbat wrote

Painius wrote:

[...]

Thank you, Cap'n! yeah, i miss the ol' coot, too.

I wish he'd come back and challenge my neeww
theorie of the Universe... yeah, it's like, toroid-
shaped and all. I call it the "Dynamic Donut
Dynamo"...

http://community-2.webtv.net/oldcoot/ContinuousBigBang/

And Space? why, smooth white creme filled, of
course! g

http://www.krispykreme.com/varieties.html

Now, *those* are the *real* stars!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 8th 06, 09:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Painius wrote:
"nightbat" wrote...
in message ...

nightbat wrote

Painius wrote:

[...]

I doubt that the producers of "Monster in the Milky Way" realized how
much interest they would infuse in flowing space theory by showing such
a vivid depiction of space flowing into a black hole. Of course it was
supposed to be an analogy for what the math of GR describes, but when
you think about it, GR only makes sense when thought of in terms of
flowing space. It's too bad oc can't be here to join in the discussion
now during the renaissance of a great idea.

Double-A

Old November 8th 06, 12:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John Zinni

Double-A wrote:

I doubt that the producers of "Monster in the Milky Way" realized how
much interest they would infuse in flowing space theory by showing such
a vivid depiction of space flowing into a black hole.

Of course it was
supposed to be an analogy for what the math of GR describes, but when
you think about it, GR only makes sense when thought of in terms of
flowing space.

It makes perfectly good sense in terms of curved space-time.

Old November 8th 06, 05:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

"John Zinni" wrote in message...
ups.com...

Double-A wrote:

I doubt that the producers of "Monster in the Milky Way" realized how
much interest they would infuse in flowing space theory by showing such
a vivid depiction of space flowing into a black hole.

Of course it was
supposed to be an analogy for what the math of GR describes, but when
you think about it, GR only makes sense when thought of in terms of
flowing space.

It makes perfectly good sense in terms of curved space-time.

Of course it does, John! for 2-dimensional minds.

Now... what was it that was "curving" again?

Can you describe this "curved space-time" in a
more than 2-dimensional way?

Or will you bug out as usual.

It's too bad oc can't be here to join in the discussion
now during the renaissance of a great idea.

Double-A

Flowing space enables those with imaginations
to mentally picture the curving of space in 3
dimensions.

The Space must flow!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 8th 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

"Double-A" wrote in message...
oups.com...

Painius wrote:

"nightbat" wrote...
in message ...

nightbat wrote

Painius wrote:

[...]

In Dire Dawa, Ethiopia, there lies a huge, wide
dry river bed. A long, arching bridge connects
half of Dire Dawa (Old Town) with the other half
(New Town).

I had the privilege of speaking with an ancient
man, who must have been at least 90yo. He
reminisced about how the dry river bed had been
a raging river during the rainy seasons, back
when he was a boy.

The dry river bed is the VSP. The "Nothing" of
void space cannot, will not, and does not flow,
not into a black hole nor to anyplace else. The
Void Space Paradigm is dead, just like the dry
river bed, and like many of the towns and
villages once supplied by it.

The Space must FLOW !

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 8th 06, 06:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John Zinni

Painius wrote:
"John Zinni" wrote in message...
ups.com...

Double-A wrote:

I doubt that the producers of "Monster in the Milky Way" realized how
much interest they would infuse in flowing space theory by showing such
a vivid depiction of space flowing into a black hole.

Of course it was
supposed to be an analogy for what the math of GR describes, but when
you think about it, GR only makes sense when thought of in terms of
flowing space.

It makes perfectly good sense in terms of curved space-time.

Of course it does, John! for 2-dimensional minds.

Now... what was it that was "curving" again?

Perhaps you didn't hear me ... S P A C E - T I M E is curving.

Can you describe this "curved space-time" in a
more than 2-dimensional way?

Of course ... it's mathematically described in a 4-dimensional way.
It's not my fault you don't speak math.

Or will you bug out as usual.

It's too bad oc can't be here to join in the discussion
now during the renaissance of a great idea.

Double-A

Flowing space enables those with imaginations
to mentally picture the curving of space in 3
dimensions.

Those with limited imaginations perhaps.

The Space must flow!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!