Unknown objects in the sky...

Old June 28th 03, 08:25 PM
mark

Default Unknown objects in the sky...

My son and I were looking through my telescope on 06/24/03 between 21:30 -
22:15 CDT. We were looking in the directions of Cyngus and Cepheus from
our back yard in Des Moines, IA.

During that time we saw four objects fly over and couldn't tell what they
were. We saw the objects between 10 - 20 minutes apart. Three of the
objects moved from south to north and one moved from East to west. None of
the objects could be seen with the naked eye. We originally spotted them
with the finder scope. When seen through the 10" telescope they were just
silver specks. If the finder scope is 1 degree the objects moved at about 1
degrees a second.

Did anyone else happen to see them or know what they could have been? They
moved about as fast as the ISS does when it passes over but, much dimmer.

Old June 28th 03, 08:31 PM
Starlord

With all the man made objects we have in orbit, it's a wonder you can look at
the sky and NOT have a bunch go wizzing threw your FOV.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

"mark" wrote in message
My son and I were looking through my telescope on 06/24/03 between 21:30 -
22:15 CDT. We were looking in the directions of Cyngus and Cepheus from
our back yard in Des Moines, IA.

During that time we saw four objects fly over and couldn't tell what they
were. We saw the objects between 10 - 20 minutes apart. Three of the
objects moved from south to north and one moved from East to west. None of
the objects could be seen with the naked eye. We originally spotted them
with the finder scope. When seen through the 10" telescope they were just
silver specks. If the finder scope is 1 degree the objects moved at about 1
degrees a second.

Did anyone else happen to see them or know what they could have been? They
moved about as fast as the ISS does when it passes over but, much dimmer.

---

Sedna (2003 VB12) Ron Astronomy Misc 1 March 19th 04 11:44 AM
NASA Releases Near-Earth Object Search Report Ron Baalke Astronomy Misc 0 September 10th 03 04:39 PM
Outer Space Pictures . Space Station 0 September 8th 03 03:51 PM