NASA Claims No Life On Mars and Embargos Mars Rover Data.

Old February 19th 05, 03:22 AM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

Default NASA Claims No Life On Mars and Embargos Mars Rover Data.

February 18, 2005

The exploratium site is down :

http://qt.exploratorium.edu/mars/spirit/

http://anserver1.eprsl.wustl.edu/

"Third data releases for Spirit and Opportunity
have been postponed until the end of February.
(including raw and derived data from Sols 91-180)"

"Fourth data releases for Spirit and Opportunity
(including raw and derived data from Sols 181-270)
April 22, 2005"

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net

Old February 19th 05, 09:42 AM
dar7yl

"Thomas Lee Elifritz" wrote in message
The exploratium site is down :
http://qt.exploratorium.edu/mars/spirit/

Could it be that they are having server problems
like the error message says? They are probably
aware of it by now, but you could inform them with
a polite notice instead of jumping up and down
like a spoiled child.

http://anserver1.eprsl.wustl.edu/

"Third data releases for Spirit and Opportunity
have been postponed until the end of February.
(including raw and derived data from Sols 91-180)"

"Fourth data releases for Spirit and Opportunity
(including raw and derived data from Sols 181-270)
April 22, 2005"

Looks like they may be falling behind in their work.

Hasn't it occurred to you that these people
are very busy with the backlog of images
and spectroscopy, and don't have time to
continuously update the web, let alone respond
to your immature ravings?

You should be happy that they are releasing
new information on a practically daily basis.
Yes, I have noticed a dwindling of activity,
which I attribute, not to conspiracy, but to
simple burn-out after over a year of
(most excellent IMHO) scientific study.

They would probably work more efficiently
if they didn't have juvenile assholes like yourself
constantly ragging on them.

regards,
Dar7yl.

Old February 19th 05, 02:58 PM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

February 19, 2005

dar7yl wrote:

"Thomas Lee Elifritz" wrote in message
The exploratium site is down :
http://qt.exploratorium.edu/mars/spirit/

Could it be that they are having server problems
like the error message says?

I'm not getting an error message. Just a timeout.

They are probably
aware of it by now, but you could inform them with
a polite notice instead of jumping up and down
like a spoiled child.

Probably they are overwhelmed by billions of viewers wanting
to see bizarre alien landscapes in real time, rather than put
up with the hard to use scripted and overdue imagery on the
official NASA Mars Rover website.

http://anserver1.eprsl.wustl.edu/

"Third data releases for Spirit and Opportunity
have been postponed until the end of February.
(including raw and derived data from Sols 91-180)"

"Fourth data releases for Spirit and Opportunity
(including raw and derived data from Sols 181-270)
April 22, 2005"

Looks like they may be falling behind in their work.

Actually, no we already demonstrated that the data
is already there, ready to go, captured and displayed
in a highly automated manner, for instance :

http://anserver1.eprsl.wustl.edu/ant...N1419N0M10.png

So clearly your claim is just plain wrong.

Hasn't it occurred to you that these people
are very busy with the backlog of images
and spectroscopy, and don't have time to
continuously update the web, let alone respond
to your immature ravings?

I just explained to you, the exploratorium and
workbench are highly automated. Most of the
hard work is done by the rover drivers, and
one of the reasons they are not investigating
apparent fossils is that they don't want to
risk banging the rover, and they have already
publicly admitted they have no intention of
discovering life with this mission, as that will
put all future NASA Mars missions at risk.

You should be happy that they are releasing
new information on a practically daily basis.

They aren't, that's what I just explained to you.

Yes, I have noticed a dwindling of activity,
which I attribute, not to conspiracy, but to
simple burn-out after over a year of
(most excellent IMHO) scientific study.

Only because you are a confirmed idiot.
I've already demonstrated that you are
not actually looking at the data anyways.

Old February 19th 05, 07:48 PM
dar7yl

I'm not getting an error message. Just a timeout.

I guess you are not important enough to get a real error message.

Probably they are overwhelmed by billions of viewers wanting
to see bizarre alien landscapes in real time, rather than put
up with the hard to use scripted and overdue imagery on the
official NASA Mars Rover website.

So you admit that there is work necessary to maintain a web site?

Looks like they may be falling behind in their work.

Actually, no we already demonstrated that the data
is already there, ready to go, captured and displayed
in a highly automated manner, for instance :

http://anserver1.eprsl.wustl.edu/ant...N1419N0M10.png

So clearly your claim is just plain wrong.

So they are actually releasing spectroscopy then?
I guess you are annoyed that they aren't spoon-feeding
you.

Hasn't it occurred to you that these people
are very busy with the backlog of images
and spectroscopy, and don't have time to
continuously update the web, let alone respond
to your immature ravings?

I just explained to you, the exploratorium and
workbench are highly automated. Most of the
hard work is done by the rover drivers, and
one of the reasons they are not investigating
apparent fossils is that they don't want to
risk banging the rover, and they have already
publicly admitted they have no intention of
discovering life with this mission, as that will
put all future NASA Mars missions at risk.

I think their statement was that the MER objectives
are to find evidence of past water on Mars. The
rovers are not designed to discover life (for instance,
the microscope cannot resolve bacteria).

How would the discovery of life put future missions
at risk? Except for a small minority of pseudo-religious
fanatics who believe we should be living back in the
dark ages, (and probably voted for your last president)
most people would regard the discovery of life as an
incentive to return sooner.

And yes, some science has to be sacrificed to ensure
the safety of the rovers, so they can possibly discover
more science over the next hill.

You should be happy that they are releasing
new information on a practically daily basis.

They aren't, that's what I just explained to you.

You blathered, slobbered and gibbered, but
there was no information in your rantings.

Yes, I have noticed a dwindling of activity,
which I attribute, not to conspiracy, but to
simple burn-out after over a year of
(most excellent IMHO) scientific study.

Only because you are a confirmed idiot.
I've already demonstrated that you are
not actually looking at the data anyways.

How can you demonstrate anything when you
can't even lift your carcass off your couch
except to gobble up yet another full meal deal?

regards,
Dar7yl

Old February 19th 05, 10:13 PM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

February 19, 2005

dar7yl wrote:

I'm not getting an error message. Just a timeout.

I guess you are not important enough to get a real error message.

No, the website was down, a timeout comes from your web browser,
Not to worry, I contacted the webmaster, and he got it going again.

Probably they are overwhelmed by billions of viewers wanting
to see bizarre alien landscapes in real time, rather than put
up with the hard to use scripted and overdue imagery on the
official NASA Mars Rover website.

So you admit that there is work necessary to maintain a web site?

Which is why I am getting my data from the automated websites
which I listed, where the data is formatted and posted automatically,
and not the official NASA website, which is a piece of PR crap.

Looks like they may be falling behind in their work.

Actually, no we already demonstrated that the data
is already there, ready to go, captured and displayed
in a highly automated manner, for instance :

http://anserver1.eprsl.wustl.edu/ant...N1419N0M10.png

So clearly your claim is just plain wrong.

So they are actually releasing spectroscopy then?
I guess you are annoyed that they aren't spoon-feeding
you.

No, they aren't releasing it, we had to hack into that.
Notice the clockcount, that data has not been released yet.
It's not listed, and the folders are password protected.

Hasn't it occurred to you that these people
are very busy with the backlog of images
and spectroscopy, and don't have time to
continuously update the web, let alone respond
to your immature ravings?

I just explained to you, the exploratorium and
workbench are highly automated. Most of the
hard work is done by the rover drivers, and
one of the reasons they are not investigating
apparent fossils is that they don't want to
risk banging the rover, and they have already
publicly admitted they have no intention of
discovering life with this mission, as that will
put all future NASA Mars missions at risk.

I think their statement was that the MER objectives
are to find evidence of past water on Mars. The
rovers are not designed to discover life (for instance,
the microscope cannot resolve bacteria).

But it can resolve microbial mats, which it surely is.

How would the discovery of life put future missions
at risk? Except for a small minority of pseudo-religious
fanatics who believe we should be living back in the
dark ages, (and probably voted for your last president)
most people would regard the discovery of life as an
incentive to return sooner.

Except for those religious fanatics you mentioned,
which control the white house and comprise greater
than fifty percent of America.

And yes, some science has to be sacrificed to ensure
the safety of the rovers, so they can possibly discover
more science over the next hill.

But not evidence of life, as NASA has publicly stated.

You should be happy that they are releasing
new information on a practically daily basis.

They aren't, that's what I just explained to you.

You blathered, slobbered and gibbered, but
there was no information in your rantings.

No, I clearly demonstrated with evidence
that the data is easily released by not
password protecting the folders that
contain it.

Yes, I have noticed a dwindling of activity,
which I attribute, not to conspiracy, but to
simple burn-out after over a year of
(most excellent IMHO) scientific study.

Only because you are a confirmed idiot.
I've already demonstrated that you are
not actually looking at the data anyways.

Meanwhile, NASA continues to deny there is
any evidence for life on Mars, when our eyes
and all of the evidence clearly indicates that
there is, while doing everything it can to
prevent further evidence from surfacing.
Then there are those idiots who tow that
party line without even looking at the evidence,
like you, for instance, and only contribute by
ineffectual debunking of the truth. Are you
on some kind of government grant payroll?
Do you actively debunk Global Warming
and stem cell research too?

Old February 19th 05, 11:46 PM
Anax

In article 2KMRd.20834$AO.18194@clgrps12, dar7yl
wrote:

[...]How would the discovery of life put future missions
at risk? Except for a small minority of pseudo-religious
fanatics who believe we should be living back in the
dark ages, (and probably voted for your last president)
most people would regard the discovery of life as an
incentive to return sooner.

The "small minority of pseudo-religious
fanatics who believe we should be living back in the
dark ages" are those anti-tech extremists who seem to think that
humans are an unnatural plague requiring drastic pest control, and they
probably wouldn't even vote for Ralph Nader the Green.

--
Anaximander Hyperion Kornephoros
Old February 20th 05, 06:54 PM
dar7yl

dar7yl wrote:
So they are actually releasing spectroscopy then?
I guess you are annoyed that they aren't spoon-feeding
you.

No, they aren't releasing it, we had to hack into that.
Notice the clockcount, that data has not been released yet.
It's not listed, and the folders are password protected.

So as well as being an idiot, you are also a thief.

Hasn't it occurred to you that these people
are very busy with the backlog of images
and spectroscopy, and don't have time to
continuously update the web, let alone respond
to your immature ravings?

I just explained to you, the exploratorium and
workbench are highly automated. Most of the
hard work is done by the rover drivers, and
one of the reasons they are not investigating
apparent fossils is that they don't want to
risk banging the rover, and they have already
publicly admitted they have no intention of
discovering life with this mission, as that will
put all future NASA Mars missions at risk.

I think their statement was that the MER objectives
are to find evidence of past water on Mars. The
rovers are not designed to discover life (for instance,
the microscope cannot resolve bacteria).

But it can resolve microbial mats, which it surely is.

How would you know it's microbial mats? You are just
wishing it were so.

But not evidence of life, as NASA has publicly stated.

When? Where? Please quote this reference.

(And don't just give me a url - take the effort to copy
or retype the actual quote, and footnote it as if you
are doing real science)

You should be happy that they are releasing
new information on a practically daily basis.

They aren't, that's what I just explained to you.

You blathered, slobbered and gibbered, but
there was no information in your rantings.

No, I clearly demonstrated with evidence
that the data is easily released by not
password protecting the folders that
contain it.

If they wanted you to have the data, you would
have access to it. Obviously, they also think you
are an idiot.

Yes, I have noticed a dwindling of activity,
which I attribute, not to conspiracy, but to
simple burn-out after over a year of
(most excellent IMHO) scientific study.

Only because you are a confirmed idiot.
I've already demonstrated that you are
not actually looking at the data anyways.

Meanwhile, NASA continues to deny there is
any evidence for life on Mars, when our eyes
and all of the evidence clearly indicates that
there is, while doing everything it can to
prevent further evidence from surfacing.

Your eyes haven't strayed farther than two feet
from your couch. There is no clear evidence of
life on Mars (yet).

Then there are those idiots who tow that
party line without even looking at the evidence,
like you, for instance, and only contribute by
ineffectual debunking of the truth. Are you
on some kind of government grant payroll?

I contribute by debunking your insane blatherings.

Do you actively debunk Global Warming
and stem cell research too?

We need Global Warming to counteract Nuclear Winter

regards,
Dar7yl