How to make RS232 cable for SkySensor 2000 to connect to a PC

Old February 7th 07, 06:12 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
SkySensor

Default How to make RS232 cable for SkySensor 2000 to connect to a PC

Does anyone know how to make RS232 cable for the SkySensor 2000?

I bought the SkySensor 2000 without the Mini Din 8 Serial port.
I solder one on the board and make a RS232 cable according to the
manual RxD and TxD crossed.

But the Terminal software cannot see any response from the SkySensor
2000.

Anyone know what I need to modify the SkySensor 2000? Jumpers?

Thanks in advance.

David L.

Old February 7th 07, 10:20 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
David G. Nagel

SkySensor wrote:
Does anyone know how to make RS232 cable for the SkySensor 2000?

I bought the SkySensor 2000 without the Mini Din 8 Serial port.
I solder one on the board and make a RS232 cable according to the
manual RxD and TxD crossed.

But the Terminal software cannot see any response from the SkySensor
2000.

Anyone know what I need to modify the SkySensor 2000? Jumpers?

Thanks in advance.

David L.

David;

Try reversing the TX/RX lines. You may have inadvertantly connected them
in a null modem format.

Dave N.
Old February 8th 07, 05:26 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Terry B

"SkySensor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know how to make RS232 cable for the SkySensor 2000?

I bought the SkySensor 2000 without the Mini Din 8 Serial port.
I solder one on the board and make a RS232 cable according to the
manual RxD and TxD crossed.

But the Terminal software cannot see any response from the SkySensor
2000.

Anyone know what I need to modify the SkySensor 2000? Jumpers?

Thanks in advance.

David L.

This was discussed in the past on the SS2000 google group. Take a look
there. I have a working one at home and could check the pin out for you if
you can't find it.
Cheers
Terry B

Old February 9th 07, 03:00 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
SkySensor

On Feb 7, 8:26 pm, "Terry B" wrote:
"SkySensor" wrote in message

ups.com... Does anyone know how to make RS232 cable for theSkySensor2000?

I bought theSkySensor2000 without the Mini Din 8 Serial port.
I solder one on the board and make a RS232 cable according to the
manual RxD and TxD crossed.

But the Terminal software cannot see any response from theSkySensor
2000.

Anyone know what I need to modify theSkySensor2000? Jumpers?

Thanks in advance.

David L.

This was discussed in the past on the SS2000 google group. Take a look
there. I have a working one at home and could check the pin out for you if
you can't find it.
Cheers
Terry B

Terry:

Please check the pin out for me and let me know which pin goes to
which one?
Thank in advance.

David L.

Old February 9th 07, 04:36 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Terry B

"SkySensor" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 7, 8:26 pm, "Terry B" wrote:
"SkySensor" wrote in message

[...]

I'm at work and haven't had access to my scope for a few days. I will do so
tonight and post it after that.
Cheers
Terry