Tracking the ISS

Old January 25th 12, 03:58 AM
bullsfan586 bullsfan586 is offline
Junior Member

Default Tracking the ISS

I am a teacher near Chicago. Our school is possibly going to talk to the astronauts on the ISS in March. My intention is to create a simple web site to keep parents up to date. On that page, I'd like to have a tracking map for the ISS. does anyone have a site which will supply script to put a map right into my web page? I've looked, but I can't find a decent one.
Old January 25th 12, 07:35 PM posted to sci.space.station
André , PE1PQX

bullsfan586 stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
I am a teacher near Chicago. Our school is possibly going to talk to the
astronauts on the ISS in March. My intention is to create a simple web
site to keep parents up to date. On that page, I'd like to have a
tracking map for the ISS. does anyone have a site which will supply
script to put a map right into my web page? I've looked, but I can't
find a decent one.

http://www.heavens-above.com/ (website with “where is ISS?â€)
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata...ing/index.html (also an
online application to see where ISS is).

My personal favorite: http://www.stoff.pl, a free program called
Orbitron. The parents of your pupils can download and install the
program and figure out whre ISS is them selves. This way, the parents
can learn something too.

Old January 26th 12, 01:26 AM
bullsfan586 bullsfan586 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for the response. I've seen that site, but I was hoping for something that could be imbedded into our site. I don't want our parents to have to download something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by André , PE1PQX View Post

Old January 26th 12, 07:46 AM posted to sci.space.station
André , PE1PQX

André , PE1PQX;1195477 Wrote:
bullsfan586 stelde de volgende uitleg voor :-
I am a teacher near Chicago. Our school is possibly going to talk to
the
astronauts on the ISS in March. My intention is to create a simple web
site to keep parents up to date. On that page, I'd like to have a
tracking map for the ISS. does anyone have a site which will supply
script to put a map right into my web page? I've looked, but I can't
find a decent one.-

http://www.heavens-above.com/ (website with ⤽where is ISS?â¤)
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata...ing/index.html (also an
online application to see where ISS is).

My personal favorite: http://www.stoff.pl, a free program called
Orbitron. The parents of your pupils can download and install the
program and figure out whre ISS is them selves. This way, the parents
can learn something too.

You might check http://space.cweb.nl/tracking-iss-zarya.php and send
the editors there an e-mail and ask if they can help.

good luck!

Dob with tracking? B A Amateur Astronomy 29 April 19th 07 02:44 AM
Sat Tracking. John UK Astronomy 1 June 29th 06 07:15 PM
Tracking help please Clive UK Astronomy 1 December 6th 05 03:00 PM
Satellite Tracking Pete UK Astronomy 0 June 21st 04 09:11 PM
None tracking photo Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 2 March 29th 04 06:54 PM