[fitsbits] Proposed Changes to the FITS Standard

Old August 18th 07, 09:27 AM posted to sci.astro.fits
Boud Roukema

Default [fitsbits] Proposed Changes to the FITS Standard

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Doug Tody wrote:

If we ever do a FITS 2.0 we should revisit this, but it is hard to
do more at this point for standard FITS than recommend that multiple
values not be allowed in the first place. Once they are there you have
a problem. - Doug

AFAIK we're already doing FITS 3.0 now, no need to revert to FITS 2.0:
http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/fits_draft.html

boud