cheap books

Old March 18th 05, 08:28 PM
Grimble Gromble

Default cheap books

At the risk of annoying the holier than thou brigade, I thought I might plug
a website that is doing some impressive discounts on remaindered books.
These aren't for beginner's but I'll let you decide. You'll find all the
below, with brief descriptions, if you browse the science section.
grim

www.psbooks.co.uk

Modern Celestial Mechanics
Aspects of Solar System Dynamics Science & Mathematics
Alessandro Morbidelli
Taylor & Francis 2002 380 pages
Paperback 0415279380
Published Price £42.99 Our Price £9.99

Mass Transfer in Close Binary Stars
Science & Mathematics
AA Boyarchuk ; DV Bisikalo
Taylor & Francis 2002 384 pages
Hardback 0415273536
Published Price £79.99 Our Price £7.99

Polarization of Light and Astronomical Observation
Science & Mathematics
Jean-Louis Leroy
Gordon & Breach 2001 226 pages
Hardback 9056992198
Published Price £52.99 Our Price £6.99

Physics of Accretion Disks
Advection, Radiation and Magnetic Fields Science & Mathematics
S Kato ; S Inagaki (Edited by)
Gordon & Breach Science 1996 330 pages
Hardback 9056990160
Published Price £66.99 Our Price £6.99

Highly Evolved Close Binary Stars
Finding Charts Science & Mathematics
AM Cherepashchuk ; NA Katysheva
Gordon & Breach 1996 256 pages
Hardback 9056990144
Published Price £52.99 Our Price £6.99

Celestial Dynamics at High Eccentricities
Advances in Astronomy & Astronomy: Volume 3 Science & Mathematics
Victor A Brumberg ; Eugene V Brumberg
Gordon & Breach 1999 220 pages
Hardback 9056992120
Published Price £72.99 Our Price £6.99

The Role of Rayleigh Taylor and Richtmyer-Meshkov Instabilities in
Astrophysics: An Introduction Science & Mathematics
NA Inogamov
Harwood Academic 1999 335 pages
Paperback 9057023717
Our Price £3.99

A Perturbed Atom
Astrophysics and Space Physics Reviews: Volume 11 Science & Mathematics
LA Bureyeva ; VS Lisitsa (Edited by)
Taylor & Francis 2000 455 pages
Paperback 9058231380
Published Price £107.00 Our Price £3.99

Magnetic Field of Stars
The Interaction Between Observations and Theory Science & Mathematics
Yu N Gnedin ; TM Natsvlishvili
Harwood 2001 83 pages
Paperback 9058230635
Our Price £3.99

Analytical Methods for Highly Excited Populations in Hot Plasma
Astrophysics and Space Physics Reviews Science & Mathematics
IL Beigman
Taylor & Francis 2001 101 pages
Paperback 9058232417
Published Price £12.99 Our Price £3.99

Old March 19th 05, 02:14 PM
Lol Eddy

"Grimble Gromble" wrote in message
At the risk of annoying the holier than thou brigade, I thought I might

plug
a website that is doing some impressive discounts on remaindered books.
These aren't for beginner's but I'll let you decide. You'll find all the
below, with brief descriptions, if you browse the science section.
grim

www.psbooks.co.uk

I just had a quick peek there are some beginner possibilities as well.

e.g Conversing with the Planets
How Science and Myth Invented the Cosmos
£5.99

Laurence

Old March 19th 05, 08:16 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Lol Eddy wrote:
e.g Conversing with the Planets
How Science and Myth Invented the Cosmos

Good book. It's Anthony Aveni, who is a well-respected figure in
archaeoastronomy. If you are interested in Central American
archaeoastronomy, this book is very good indeed.

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old March 21st 05, 02:19 PM
Martin Brown

Grimble Gromble wrote:

At the risk of annoying the holier than thou brigade, I thought I might plug
a website that is doing some impressive discounts on remaindered books.

You should perhaps declare an interest if you are associated with the
site in any way but otherwise it is actually a useful informative post.

These aren't for beginner's but I'll let you decide. You'll find all the
below, with brief descriptions, if you browse the science section.
grim

www.psbooks.co.uk

Some of them are distinctly minority interest books even by geek
standards! But there are a few gems hidden in their long list.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old March 21st 05, 08:32 PM
Grimble Gromble

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Grimble Gromble wrote:
At the risk of annoying the holier than thou brigade, I thought I might
plug a website that is doing some impressive discounts on remaindered
books.

You should perhaps declare an interest if you are associated with the site
in any way but otherwise it is actually a useful informative post.

My only interest is as an avid reader. Thanks for the reassurance.
grim