Jupiter & Ganymede

Old September 7th 10, 08:43 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_4_]

Default Jupiter & Ganymede

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:50:02 +0100, Pete Lawrence wrote:

Hi all, not posted on usenet for a long time! Here's a shot of Jupiter
I took with my C-14 on the night of September 3/4 2010. This
particular shot was taken just as the planet's giant moon Ganymede was
exiting from Jupiter's disk.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter...9-45_RGB15.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. The image was taken using a high frame
rate camera to generate 3x AVIs, one for each colour channel. Each was
then processed via Registax which, combined wih the camera, is the
"seeing-busting" element of the processing workflow.

Old September 7th 10, 09:19 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names[_1_]

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:50:02 +0100, Pete Lawrence wrote:

Hi all, not posted on usenet for a long time! Here's a shot of Jupiter
I took with my C-14 on the night of September 3/4 2010. This
particular shot was taken just as the planet's giant moon Ganymede was
exiting from Jupiter's disk.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter...9-45_RGB15.jpg

Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing that.

Old September 7th 10, 11:18 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Sep 7, 1:43*pm, Pete Lawrence wrote:

Thanks for all the comments. The image was taken using a high frame
rate camera to generate 3x AVIs, one for each colour channel. Each was
then processed via Registax which, combined wih the camera, is the
"seeing-busting" element of the processing workflow.

Thanks for that. I was worried that my comment might have been taken
as an insult or as skepticism, instead of just a statement of the
obvious (to most participants in the forum) for the benefit of those
to whom it might not be obvious.

John Savard
Old September 9th 10, 07:50 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Morten Reistad

In article ,
Pete Lawrence wrote:
Hi all, not posted on usenet for a long time! Here's a shot of Jupiter
I took with my C-14 on the night of September 3/4 2010. This
particular shot was taken just as the planet's giant moon Ganymede was
exiting from Jupiter's disk.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter...9-45_RGB15.jpg

thanks. I was just getting desperate regarding the orbital mechanics
martian meteorites here; and you gave back the meaning of reading
this newsgroup in a picture.

Thank you.

-- mrr
Old September 9th 10, 12:18 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Sep 9, 7:50*am, Morten Reistad wrote:
In article ,
Pete Lawrence wrote:

Hi all, not posted on usenet for a long time! Here's a shot of Jupiter
I took with my C-14 on the night of September 3/4 2010. This
particular shot was taken just as the planet's giant moon Ganymede was
exiting from Jupiter's disk.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter...9-45_RGB15.jpg

thanks. I was just getting desperate regarding the orbital mechanics

-- mrr

Well Morten,I would say the inability to count the 1461 daylight/
darkness cycles from Mar 1st 2009 to Feb 29th 2012 corresponding to 4
complete orbital circuits of 365 1/4 rotations of the Earth is an
amazing sight to behold,especially as you are all convinced there are
366 1/4 rotations of the Earth in an orbital circuit.For a short while
it will remain an issue of unfamiliarity,something people haven't
thought through with any degree of effort however the additional
rotation on Feb 29th needed to square away the 6 hour orbital lag to
allow the 365/366 day calendar system to exist as a convenience
represents that 365 1/4 rotations correspond to an orbital
circumference,circuit and period.

Your belief in 'sidereal time' reasoning as a personal choice would be
fine,similar to that of a flat Earth ideology, were it not that it
intersects with the education system therefore the imaginative idea
that there are 366 1/4 rotations per orbital circuit,in conflict with
what the body experiences and the arithmetic of the calendar dictates
cannot be allowed to exist for any length of time regardless as to how
indoctrinated one may be.People are too intelligent and value
reasoning too much to not accept the correct correlation between 365
1/4 rotations and an orbital period and circuit.

You can't bury yourselves in imaging ,this would only be a disgrace
were it not corrected rather than trying to hide that horrific error
that arose in the late 17th century that is 'sidereal time' reasoning
applied to planetary dynamics and the 'orbital mechanics' built on
that catastrophic reasoning.

Old September 9th 10, 03:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Sep 9, 4:18*am, wrote:

usual & customary Big Lies snipped

We all thank the stars that you are not a teacher...

"Good teachers are costly, but bad teachers cost more."
~ Bob Talbert

\Paul A
Old September 9th 10, 03:48 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Martin Nicholson

On 9 Sep, 12:18, oriel36 wrote:

This web pages will answer your questions!

http://www.martin-nicholson.info/tro...llkelleher.htm

Old September 10th 10, 07:35 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

On Sep 9, 3:48*pm, Martin Nicholson
wrote:
On 9 Sep, 12:18, oriel36 wrote:

This web pages will answer your questions!

http://www.martin-nicholson.info/tro...llkelleher.htm

The thing about this is that the original reasoning which created the
average 24 hour day and calendar cycle of 1461 days out of the raw
daily and orbital cycles is incredibly enjoyable experience to see how
it was all put together,even more intricate than the watches which
eventually were created to mark the steady progression of 24 hour days
which link up with the steady rotation of the Earth where 1 degree of
rotation equates to 4 minutes of time.In this respect,the current
hostility is understandable,historically Royal Society empiricists
always had their own agendas with some sort of bandwagon hierarchy
that has its own internal prejudices of what is acceptable and what is
not,it may be as dumb as not knowing how long it takes the Earth to
turn once or how many rotations are equivalent to an orbital circuit
but it always has the same peevish obstinacy about that way of
thinking.John Harrison wrote extensively about it -

http://books.google.ie/books?id=8roA...ge &q&f=false

So,just for uk.sci.astronomy readers -

The average 24 hour day is founded on the principle,in terms of
planetary dynamics, that the Earth has 365 full rotations to the
central Sun over a period of an orbital circuit and while observations
show that within the annual cycle the rotations to natural noon vary
from one cycle to the next,an averaging process reduces the
observation to a 24 hour average.

The second stage is taking this 24 hour average and determining that
the orbital cycle is 365 days 5 hours 49 minutes based on the yearly
return of a star to a meridian.As the number of daily rotations never
exceed a full 365 rotations in one orbital cycle,the fractional 5 hour
49 minute difference represents the equivalent amount of rotation
needed to correspond with an orbital circumference.

The genius of the calendar system as it ties in with daily and orbital
dynamics in converting raw daily and orbital cycles into a steady and
linear progression of days and years without considering the
fractional discrepancy between the number of rotations per orbital
circuit and the separate orbital geometry and orbital motion itself is
the way the fractional 6 hour difference is set aside in each non-leap
year and squared away when the fractions make up near enough one full
rotation on Feb 29th.The additional daylight/darkness cycle leap day
accounts for the orbital distance traveled thereby completing 4 full
orbital circuits containing 365 1/4 rotations and the calendar
convenience which registers it as 3 years of 365 days and 1 year of
366 days.

The nice thing about this Martin,as it is the usenet,it that within a
few weeks these posts get washed over like an incoming tide washes
away footprints in the sand.It leaves individuals to walk on fresh
ground for a change and enjoy as best they can what others have done
before them and what was done was truly amazing for the good of heart
and those with a lively imagination tempered by interpretation.

Old September 10th 10, 11:12 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
David Melville

--
Best regards,

Pete Lawrence
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Beautiful.

Many thanks.

Great shot, btw!
--
Cheers,
Dave

And then she kissed me and I realised she probably was right.
There must be fifty ways to leave your lover.
Old October 27th 10, 10:29 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Paulo J. Matos

Pete Lawrence writes:

Hi all, not posted on usenet for a long time! Here's a shot of Jupiter
I took with my C-14 on the night of September 3/4 2010. This
particular shot was taken just as the planet's giant moon Ganymede was
exiting from Jupiter's disk.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter...9-45_RGB15.jpg

This is awesome. I am a beginner in these things. Can you please explain
or provide a ref. to what a C-14 is? Is that a lense that you attach to
a digital camera or a telescope?

--
Best regards,

Pete Lawrence