What causes the seasons ?

Old July 19th 13, 11:34 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

Default What causes the seasons ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ju...er-summer-rain

Followed a month later -

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-07-16/w...ous-heatwaves/

To answer the cause of the seasons requires two additional questions - what causes the daylight/darkness cycle each 24 hours ? and the second question - what causes the polar daylight/darkness cycle lasting 12 months and arising from a separate dynamical cause ?.

Of course this requires experts.
Old July 20th 13, 09:54 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
James Harris \(es\)

"oriel36" wrote in message
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ju...er-summer-rain

Followed a month later -

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-07-16/w...ous-heatwaves/

To answer the cause of the seasons requires two additional questions -
what causes the daylight/darkness cycle each 24 hours ? and the second
question - what causes the polar daylight/darkness cycle lasting 12 months
and arising from a separate dynamical cause ?.

Of course this requires experts.

I would reply but it's not clear what point you are making. The poor
prediction of the experts mentioned in the Guardian, perhaps?

James

Old July 21st 13, 12:07 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:54:50 PM UTC+1, James Harris wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ju...er-summer-rain

Followed a month later -

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-07-16/w...ous-heatwaves/

To answer the cause of the seasons requires two additional questions -

what causes the daylight/darkness cycle each 24 hours ? and the second

question - what causes the polar daylight/darkness cycle lasting 12 months

and arising from a separate dynamical cause ?.

Of course this requires experts.

I would reply but it's not clear what point you are making. The poor

prediction of the experts mentioned in the Guardian, perhaps?

James

Empiricists never get the point when there is genuine astronomy to discuss so your response is no surprise.The reason why we have the seasons requires two additional questions which must be answered first before the answer as to why it is hot now in the Western isles while in 6 months time it will be much cooler - the seasons in other words.

So Harris,what do you think causes the polar daylight/darkness cycle or is that a huge blindspot where you just don't see the point ?.