Blocking Light with Dark Matter

Old February 5th 07, 04:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Scott Miller

Default Blocking Light with Dark Matter

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Here is dark matter that shows itself. It is a "Snake Nebula" Its
right in our Milky Way,and its found in every one of the 100 billion
galaxies in the universe. I'm looking at a great picture of it It is
called the Barnard 72 nebula. Its ability to block the pin point stars
behind it is its structure of rich carbon compounds. At one time they
thought these areas were just barren. Holes in space containing
nothing oh ya. I knew other wise For as I always posted there is no
such thing or space area that can be said to have nothing. Bert

You are confusing dark nebula (also known as absorption nebula) with
dark matter. The former is dark in visible wavelengths, it is
transparent in long wavelength radiation such as infrared and radio.

Dark matter is material that cannot be detected at any radiation band,
from short-wavelength gamma rays to long wavelength radio. We detect
its presence by the gravitational influence it has on visible matter.

Dark matter likely permeates the galaxy and extends beyond its "edge",
as it appears to do from the spectral analysis of other spiral galaxies.

Dark nebula are the remains of stars that have lived and died in the
past, puffing off or exploding off their outer layers back into the
interstellar medium, where it can be gathered over time by gravity into
these large clouds. Being filled with dust grains (we know this from
polarization studies of these clouds, which can also yield limits on the
sizes of the grains), they can block visible light when dense enough,
but that only makes them dark in visible light, not all wavelengths.
Old February 5th 07, 07:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Dear Old time virtual friend Scott Miller I think we are saying just
about the same thing. True we know the heavy element "carbon" came out
of a super nova explosion. this snake shaped nebula is rich in carbon.
It is blocking light period. Carbon is black because it does not
reflect,but absorbs light. I do see some stars in its blackness so I
best assume they are in front of this snake nebula,and it don't take
much thinking to say this nebula is not to far from us. Like 500 LY
away from us. ok Your old time alt astronomy friend Bert

Old February 6th 07, 04:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Feb 6, 3:36 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Klazman. The black snake image is created by the light in the
background being blocked. It was written that early astronomers noted
these barren areas must be areas of nothingness Bert

Barnard who cataloged this particular nebula did not think it was an
area of nothingness. If you were to look at it in infrared an
microwave you would see plenty of radiation. There is a lot more than
just light that is visible to human eyes.

Bill

Old February 6th 07, 01:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Bill This snake nebula it can be seen with binoculars,it goes back to
early Greek mythology. I did not say it was not an"emission galaxy".
It would take an inferred space telescope (like the Hubble) to receive
EM radiation not in the visible spectrum Bert

Old February 6th 07, 01:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
nightbat wrote:

nightbat

You're both correct and what Officer Bert refers is to an
untrained eye those dark areas may appear as nothingness but profound
Earth Science Team Officers know better. For it was Tesla that first
invented infrared microwave radioscopy that illuminated those dark space
distant areas to reveal immense star galaxy point bodies and planets
extremely numerous to presently accurately measure. Approximate is the
best we can do until the hopeful Sean Starships get here or our
traveling in space and Earth based detection equipment improves.

There are no Seans.

--
-Coffee Boy- = Preferably white, with two sugars
Saucerheads - denying the blatantly obvious since 2000.
Old February 6th 07, 01:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

nightbat I was going much further back in time. I'm laughing I wanted
to correct "galaxy,to "Nebula" and Rudy hit the send button. The Barnard
72 nebular proves what I have been posting "I observe no rotation when
looking at the 5 pictures of nebulas" I have. This galaxy has large
areas and looks like a two armed octopus more than a snake to me. Or
like two lakes with curving streams coming out of them. It was gravity
that evoved its shape. This begs the question why a snake shape,?and how
did it thinly streach itself so far into space?. Ooops also this
question. Why does every galaxy have this type nebular? This nebula is
rather close I wonder if we would notice it if it was 1500 LY away
Bert

Old February 6th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Ducky Brain We were talking inferred,and those photons have big
problems passing through the Earth's atmosphere,let alone pin pointing
their source. Try to think what you are reading But I can't expect more
from the likes of a low brainer . Bert