Blocking Light with Dark Matter

Old February 4th 07, 11:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Blocking Light with Dark Matter

Here is dark matter that shows itself. It is a "Snake Nebula" Its
right in our Milky Way,and its found in every one of the 100 billion
galaxies in the universe. I'm looking at a great picture of it It is
called the Barnard 72 nebula. Its ability to block the pin point stars
behind it is its structure of rich carbon compounds. At one time they
thought these areas were just barren. Holes in space containing
nothing oh ya. I knew other wise For as I always posted there is no
such thing or space area that can be said to have nothing. Bert

Old February 5th 07, 05:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Uno

Most light comes from star in nuclear fission. There has been no any
physical theory for light from gas in the nebula. The super bright light of
nebula is still a mystery of the dark matter of those gas.

Old February 5th 07, 07:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
dogman

On Feb 4, 6:04 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Here is dark matter that shows itself. It is a "Snake Nebula" Its
right in our Milky Way,and its found in every one of the 100 billion
galaxies in the universe. I'm looking at a great picture of it It is
called the Barnard 72 nebula. Its ability to block the pin point stars
behind it is its structure of rich carbon compounds. At one time they
thought these areas were just barren. Holes in space containing
nothing oh ya. I knew other wise For as I always posted there is no
such thing or space area that can be said to have nothing. Bert

The Horse Head nebula is also an absorbtion nebula.

Old February 5th 07, 07:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
"Uno" wrote:

Most light comes from star in nuclear fission. There has been no any
physical theory for light from gas in the nebula. The super bright light of
nebula is still a mystery of the dark matter of those gas.

What, reflection and emission nebula? Surely you jest, its well understood.

--
Saucerheads - denying the blatantly obvious since 2000.
Old February 5th 07, 09:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Tom Kerr

In article , "Uno" wrote:
Most light comes from star in nuclear fission.

You mean fusion.

There has been no any
physical theory for light from gas in the nebula. The super bright light of
nebula is still a mystery of the dark matter of those gas.

I don't know what is going on these days, but the number of loons is
increasing. I suggest that 1) you try and differentiate been dark and
bright nebulae and 2) read something other than 19th century science
texts. Nebulae are quite well understood, for example, we can distinguish
between reflection and emission nebulae quite easily with modern
instrumentation, and it doesn't take much brain power to figure out that a
dark nebula, which is the type mentioned in the post you replied to, is
hardly super bright.
Old February 5th 07, 10:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Feb 5, 6:10 pm, "Uno" wrote:
Most light comes from star in nuclear fission.

That would be fusion rather than fission.

There has been no any
physical theory for light from gas in the nebula. The super bright light of
nebula is still a mystery of the dark matter of those gas.

The nebula that show up as red in color photography are known as
emission nebula. This is no mystery at all. It is well understood to
be caused by ultraviolet radiation impinging on the nebula. The
predominant red color results from the Balmer series transition of
excited atomic hydrogen from n=3 to n=2. i.e the h-alpha transition,
which is a beautiful red color λ = 656.3 nm. There are other
transitions taking place as well but this one predominates. This is
why they only occur when there are nearby type O and B stars, which
emit copious uv radiation to excite the hydrogen atoms in the nebula.
Other nebula are seen as a dull bluish effect caused by ordinary
reflection of less energetic radiation. The colour in this case
resulting from dust particles in the nebula of a size similar to the
particles in earthly smoke. Dark nebula still give off radiation in
the infrared and microwave due to various molecular transition which
are excited by much lower energy radiation.

Bill

Old February 5th 07, 02:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Klazman. The black snake image is created by the light in the
background being blocked. It was written that early astronomers noted
these barren areas must be areas of nothingness Bert

Old February 5th 07, 03:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Bill These 'celestial clouds come in many sizes,densities,and "colors"
Best to keep in mind when a star radiates EM energy inside this gas
cloud it will ionization gases,and produce a kind of bright nebula. They
have a name (I can't think of it) Lastly those nebula that merely
reflect light of nearby stars are called "reflection nebula" (easy name
to remember) oh ya. My theory is that our Sun came out of a small
molecular cloud(dark nebula) about a LY across. Bert Ooops my
memory bank just deposited this. They are called "emission
nebula." and to show even becoming 79 years old in 4 more days I
remember reading this on the reason they produce light The process is
called "recombination" WOW what a memory for such an old folk. (fart)
I'll add this most of the EM radiation must be from ultraviolet photons