Linux is doomed as SCO drops the bomb.

Old August 8th 03, 05:38 PM
Nomen

Default Linux is doomed as SCO drops the bomb.

Linux is a good system for a hobbyist but is just to unstable and
cryptic for common users.
Any company making a large investment in Linux right now is foolish
because if SCO turns out to prevail, they are going to be paying large
royalties to them.
Linux is made for geeks and weirdo's as a replacement for females.

Nomen
Old August 8th 03, 05:59 PM
dr.gonzo

Nomen wrote:

Linux is a good system for a hobbyist but is just to unstable and
cryptic for common users.
Any company making a large investment in Linux right now is foolish
because if SCO turns out to prevail, they are going to be paying large
royalties to them.
Linux is made for geeks and weirdo's as a replacement for females.

Nomen

»too unstable«? I won't comment on this.
»crypric«? I have twelve years experience in Micros~1's products and three
years in GNU/Linux. But even now I find G/L *much* easier to administer and
use because it is *much* more logical, whereas in Windows you always have
exceptions, workarounds, exceptions.
just my usual 2¢.

--
Life is too short to reboot.
Old August 8th 03, 06:00 PM
dr.gonzo

Nomen wrote:

Linux is a good system for a hobbyist but is just to unstable and
cryptic for common users.
Any company making a large investment in Linux right now is foolish
because if SCO turns out to prevail, they are going to be paying large
royalties to them.
Linux is made for geeks and weirdo's as a replacement for females.

Nomen

»too unstable«? I won't comment on this.
»crypric«? I have twelve years experience in Micros~1's products and three
years in GNU/Linux. But even now I find G/L *much* easier to administer and
use because it is *much* more logical, whereas in Windows you always have
exceptions, workarounds, unexplainable anomalies.
just my usual 2¢.

--
Life is too short to reboot.
Old August 8th 03, 06:05 PM
Alex Kemp

Nomen wrote:

Linux is made for geeks and weirdo's as a replacement for females.

While it is true that Windows is more likely to be in a shagged state
at any given time, Linux is the obvious stud because it's 'uptime' is
phenomenal :-)

--
Thanks,
Alex Kemp (loose \lessspam-\ for email)

Old August 8th 03, 06:25 PM
The Judge

This is the easiest case I`ve Judged in a long time!! Case Closed!!

"LINUX MAKES YOU STUPID"

--
The Judge!
You have been Judged

om...

Old August 8th 03, 06:34 PM
chrisv

On 8 Aug 2003 09:38:34 -0700, (Nomen) wrote:

Linux is a good system for a hobbyist but is just to unstable and

FU troll.

Old August 8th 03, 06:54 PM
paul s

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:38:34 -0700, Nomen wrote:

Linux is made for geeks and weirdo's as a replacement for females.

So what are you doing here then?

--
Paul S
- Windows: _just_ works -

Old August 9th 03, 02:11 PM
G.Beat

Does not Microsoft still have a partial ownership in SCO (as they also do
with Apple)?

Could be viewed as a restriction of trade. I see IBM has stepped in ...
sounds like the third match
between IBM and Microsoft ... and if this is true ... then the attorneys
will get rich.

gb

om...

Old August 9th 03, 06:53 PM
Homer J. Fong

In article 9q6Za.103796$Ho3.13857@sccrnsc03, G.Beat
wrote:

Does not Microsoft still have a partial ownership in SCO (as they also do
with Apple)?

Microsoft does NOT have any ownership in Apple. In 1998 they purchased
$150 of non-voting stock (which they have since cashed in on). In
return, Apple agreed to make IE the default browser on the Mac. This
deal has since expired (as Apple now makes their own web browser).

HJF