Good spots to see the Southern California sky??

Old June 22nd 03, 10:36 PM
lightshow

Default Good spots to see the Southern California sky??

DrStoney42 wrote:
Hey!

I'm an amatuer astronomer visiting LA and was wondering if anyone knows of a
good spot or two to see the sky cleary... (i.e. above the smog and away from
the bulk of the light polution)... any suggestions would be appreciated...

Try this link & drill a bit.You will find more than you may need to
knowg. I was raised in the LA area and am now enjoying the upstate NY
climate:Bah.

(http://www.laas.org/)

lightshow

Old June 22nd 03, 11:48 PM
Starlord

Their site up on that Mt.Pinos is not going to be so good in a few years, not
with the 24,000 home project going to be build just the other side of the I-5.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

"lightshow" wrote in message
DrStoney42 wrote:
Hey!

I'm an amatuer astronomer visiting LA and was wondering if anyone knows of

good spot or two to see the sky cleary... (i.e. above the smog and away from
the bulk of the light polution)... any suggestions would be appreciated...

Try this link & drill a bit.You will find more than you may need to
knowg. I was raised in the LA area and am now enjoying the upstate NY
climate:Bah.

(http://www.laas.org/)

lightshow

---

Old July 3rd 03, 12:58 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi DrSroney. No use driving to Mount Baldy. Best to go to the Griffith
Observatory.(famous place) You can point their large telescope where you
want. It is only a few miles from Beverly Hills and you can see all the
stars. I know I lived there for 12 years.(should have stayed) Bert

Old July 3rd 03, 02:59 PM
Starlord

He can always come out to Rosamond and point my 8in dob at the sky.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and
along the path he once had followed, Man would one day go again.

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

"David Knisely" wrote in message
Bert posted:

Best to go to the Griffith
Observatory.(famous place) You can point their large telescope where you
want. It is only a few miles from Beverly Hills and you can see all the
stars.

Bert, Griffith is closed for rennovation and won't reopen until 2005.
In any case, the gentleman will want to get as far outside of L.A. as he
can if he wants to see very many stars.
--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 27-Aug. 1st, 2003, Merritt Reservoir *
* http://www.NebraskaStarParty.org *