Most of Everything is Nothing at all

Old September 8th 18, 02:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default Most of Everything is Nothing at all

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 8:40:17 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:
On 8/09/2018 11:14 PM, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 8:05:59 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:
On 8/09/2018 11:03 PM, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 8:00:37 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:
On 8/09/2018 10:53 PM, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 7:39:13 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:
On 8/09/2018 9:49 PM, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 6:17:57 AM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
... the universe came from a single point ...

No such thing is either known, or has been resolved.

The notion, that everything somehow sprang out of a point,
is so totally absurd, ridiculous, and counterintuitive !

If you have to prove your point by calling people stupid there is no way

they are ever going to listen to you.

But he's right. It's exasperating listening to these fairy tales.

I know it does not matter to you but there is a world of respected scientists

who see it my way. And they gave us all of our modern conveniences,

medications and technologies including the computer right there before you.

So a bunch of 'scientists' on 1 tiny planet among many trillions, at a
'blink & you miss it' point in time, have worked out the mysteries of
the universe?

They are smart but not that smart not yet. Give them a little time they are

working on it.

Will never happen. Humans are incapable of truly understanding the
universe. We can't really observe the true nature of it, so how can we
ever understand it?

I have faith in the human organism because they got us out of World War II alive and put us on the Moon.

Sure, but comparing that to truly understanding the universe? You're
off your rocker.

Maybe so but the crazier we are the better we are able to figure things out in

a wild universe. Newton Einstein and Hawking were as crazy as they come.
Old September 8th 18, 03:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

See my thread "The Universe - What We Know"
Old September 8th 18, 03:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 9:26:24 AM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
See my thread "The Universe - What We Know"

No advertising on my band width.
Old September 8th 18, 05:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

No advertising on my band width.

Well, I was just trying to be economical, but since you seem to have a
problem with that, I'll repeat, what we know about the universe :

Infinite in all dimensions including time.

Includes everything. Nothing can be outside the universe.

It always was. It wasn't created. It had no beginning and will never
end.

It is unique. There's only one.

The Big Bang concept, that everything somehow sprang out of a point,
all the mass of all the galaxies, 13.8 billion years ago, is so
totally ridiculous. My understanding that the theory is based on the
current apparent motion of localized galaxies away from one another
and extrapolating back 13.8 billion years. Can anyone actually believe
that ?!

Please address anything you don't agree with.
Old September 8th 18, 07:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 11:09:54 AM UTC-5, wrote:

No advertising on my band width.

Well, I was just trying to be economical, but since you seem to have a
problem with that, I'll repeat, what we know about the universe :

Infinite in all dimensions including time.

Includes everything. Nothing can be outside the universe.

It always was. It wasn't created. It had no beginning and will never
end.

It is unique. There's only one.

The Big Bang concept, that everything somehow sprang out of a point,
all the mass of all the galaxies, 13.8 billion years ago, is so
totally ridiculous. My understanding that the theory is based on the
current apparent motion of localized galaxies away from one another
and extrapolating back 13.8 billion years. Can anyone actually believe
that ?!

Please address anything you don't agree with.

I agree with you in everything except I believe it was all created: I

agree with you in everything else--but only in one way of looking at things.
Old September 8th 18, 10:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 11:18:51 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Not all imperial thinker go with a point.Some say it was the size of a grape.I go with the size of a base ball.Well we all agree its shape was a ball.Bert
Old September 8th 18, 11:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 2:11:15 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

If you think it was no smaller than a baseball, you must be missing the point!

Double-A

Old September 9th 18, 12:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Well, if it was created, then that poses some difficult issues.

What was before ? Just some kind of infinite nothingness, lacking
dimension, shape or temporal identity ? No space and no time ?

And then, there must have been a creator, i.e. God. I assume he was
above average intelligence, so what did he do for the other half of
eternity ? Must have been incredibly boring !

The answers are that there isn't and never was any God at all, and the
universe always was. It wasn't in fact created at all, and it will
never end.
Old September 9th 18, 01:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 6:34:44 AM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
Well, if it was created, then that poses some difficult issues.

What was before ? Just some kind of infinite nothingness, lacking
dimension, shape or temporal identity ? No space and no time ?

And then, there must have been a creator, i.e. God. I assume he was
above average intelligence, so what did he do for the other half of
eternity ? Must have been incredibly boring !

The answers are that there isn't and never was any God at all, and the
universe always was. It wasn't in fact created at all, and it will
never end.

I don't feel like going round and round with atheists in their endless loops of reasoning to explain away God right now. I will just tell you this: there was no other half of eternity because God does not exist in time. For God it is always now. Kind of the way it is for us sometimes.