A smaller, faster version of the SpaceX Interplanetary TransportSystem to Mars.

Old October 19th 16, 03:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Serigo

Default A smaller, faster version of the SpaceX Interplanetary TransportSystem to Mars.

On 10/18/2016 12:18 PM, wrote:
In sci.physics Serigo wrote:
On 10/18/2016 7:46 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

Actually, look at the Skylab atmosphere. It used a a 84-percent oxygen
and 16-percent nitrogen breathing mixture at a mere 3 psi instead of the
"normal" 14.7 psi, which is earth sea level pressure.

74-percent oxygen and 26-percent nitrogen breathing mixture at 5 pounds
per square inch
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-400/ch2.htm

Jeff

forget that stuff,

how are they going to get all the furnature up there ? like the chairs,
beds, tables, desks, monitors, computers, sterios, stoves ?

you cant use a bucket for all that, and there is no IKIA nearby.

You are losing it and getting silly.

yep, I have been doing increadably boring spreadsheets the past week.

[rather build a steel plant on Mars so they can house Geologists... ]

Of course you can haul all the crap to Mars.

If it is too big or too heavy to go as one piece you send it in pieces.

Most preassembled furniture is shipped to the stores in pieces and
assembled in the store.

IKEA has that down to an art, light weight furnature, fits fine in
shipping containers. On Mars besides furnature, they could be turned
into charcoal to coke to make the steel...
(drat I'm flaming out again... time to go recharge)

a photo of a few IKEA chairs and table with a drink + umbrella on Mars
with earth riseing in the background, great advertizing.