ASTRO: SH2-187

Old December 21st 07, 02:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
john

Default ASTRO: SH2-187

What do you need? I have lots of old memory.

Rick Johnson wrote:

I need new RAM chips but after nearly 7 decades mine seem no longer
available.

Rick

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
Old December 22nd 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Beautiful image Rick, there really seems to be a lot of dust in that region.
I just wanted to write that this is a new object to me, but I checked my
harddisk and found an image from last year. It is so much worse than yours
though that it's hard to identify it with your version
(http://www.slilge.de/Sharpless/sh2-187-24x10gut.jpg)

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Here's another one taken over 8 nights and 3 months due to the clouds.
In this case I wanted a lot more data as this guy is super faint but
that wasn't to be and now with all the ice in the air it will have to
wait for next year before I can add to it so will go with what I have so
far. I don't know why it came out sort of a dirty red color instead of
HII pink. There are a lot of dust lanes and maybe the whole area is
overlaid with dust or my color data is off from being taken in different
months and sky conditions. I just got the blue a few days ago with lots
of fogging due to ice. When I subtracted that out the blue signal was
weak compared to the other two. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I found few images of this one on the net to compare to. One has it my
color, another pink. Many are of the WRONG object. I found more shots
of NGC 7822/SH2-171 identified as this object than I did of the real
one. I don't understand the confusion. That guy is on my list but will
have to wait for next year now. He's over an hour west of the real
SH2-187 and my skies won't support taking it before it is gone.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=5x10' RGB=2x10' all frames binned 3x3 to get enough
signal at f/10, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Old December 22nd 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

I was thinking it looked like a spider but your shot looks like a
lobster to me. They're relatives so I guess that makes sense.

Actually getting this faint guy at all from your location is a major
achievement!

Rick