ASTRO: NGC 5466

Old April 7th 09, 10:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 5466

I have gathered some not-so-good data of galaxies in recent nights with my
new QHY8 camera. Imaging faint objects
under city skies is obviously not the favourite pastime of a colour camera.
I'll post some more of these over easter weekend, for now a picture of
globular cluster NGC 5466 will have to do.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at f/6.4, QHY8 camera,
G11 mount, 12x5 minutes.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/5466-12x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5466-12x5gut.jpg (199.3 KB, 132 views)
Old April 7th 09, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Stefan Lilge wrote:
I have gathered some not-so-good data of galaxies in recent nights with my
new QHY8 camera. Imaging faint objects
under city skies is obviously not the favourite pastime of a colour camera.
I'll post some more of these over easter weekend, for now a picture of
globular cluster NGC 5466 will have to do.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at f/6.4, QHY8 camera,
G11 mount, 12x5 minutes.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/5466-12x5gut.jpg

Stefan

I've seen some great photos with that camera. Odd how it is responding
to LP. Due to the light loss in its filters would going to longer
exposures help any? I'd think they'd not build the LP as fast as the
unfiltered camera.

Looks more like an open cluster in this shot. It does have nice color,
that galaxy to the west is a bit redder than in my shot but since mostly
the core is seen that might be due to the blue part being lost.

Looking for the others as they are processed.

Rick