Chinese space program?

Old August 11th 03, 11:33 AM
Ante Perkovic

Default Chinese space program?

Hi,

I'm interested on chinese space program (Shenzhou rockets, future
manned flights etc...). Can anybody recomend me some resources on the
internet? I'm writting an article for my astronomy club's web page. I
found http://www.spacedaily.com the most usefull resource so far.

I'm also interested on US reaction on Chinese advance in space
technology.

Please, help.
Thanks,

Ante
Old August 11th 03, 01:45 PM
Matthew F Funke

Ante Perkovic wrote:

I'm interested on chinese space program (Shenzhou rockets, future
manned flights etc...). Can anybody recomend me some resources on the
internet? I'm writting an article for my astronomy club's web page. I
found http://www.spacedaily.com the most usefull resource so far.

Try http://www.astronautix.com/articles/china.htm -- and, of
course, the many available links on the page. You'll get more information
than you can handle.

There's also a story on the preparation for the first manned Shenzhou
flight at http://www.astronautix.com/craft/shenzhou.htm.

I'm also interested on US reaction on Chinese advance in space
technology.

Almost none, aside from a few hysterical Usenet posters asserting
that this will start another space race. I'd bet that your average
(wo)man on the street isn't even aware that China is planning manned
launches, and that his/her reaction to the information would probably be
in five words or less ("Are they really? So what?"). A shame, really.
--
-- With Best Regards,
Matthew Funke )
Old August 19th 03, 04:26 AM
Gavin Mendeck

"Ante Perkovic" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I'm interested on chinese space program (Shenzhou rockets, future
manned flights etc...). Can anybody recomend me some resources on the
internet? I'm writting an article for my astronomy club's web page. I
found http://www.spacedaily.com the most usefull resource so far.

I'm also interested on US reaction on Chinese advance in space
technology.

A quick search on google showed some of these promising sites:

http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/china/,
http://www.aerospaceguide.net/worlds...ceprogram.html

Good luck

Old August 19th 03, 02:26 PM
Carsten Nielsen

(Matthew F Funke) wrote in message ...
Ante Perkovic wrote:

I'm interested on chinese space program (Shenzhou rockets, future
manned flights etc...). Can anybody recomend me some resources on the
internet? I'm writting an article for my astronomy club's web page. I
found
http://www.spacedaily.com the most usefull resource so far.

I'm also interested on US reaction on Chinese advance in space
technology.

Almost none, aside from a few hysterical Usenet posters asserting
that this will start another space race. I'd bet that your average
(wo)man on the street isn't even aware that China is planning manned
launches, and that his/her reaction to the information would probably be
in five words or less ("Are they really? So what?"). A shame, really.

Just wait until the Chinese have 3 guys in orbit an the rest of us 2.

Regards

Carsten Nielsen
Denmark
Old August 25th 03, 02:44 AM
JOHN PAZMINO

CN From: (Carsten Nielsen)
CN Subject: Chinese space program?
CN Date: 19 Aug 2003 06:26:28 -0700
CN Organization:
http://groups.google.com/
CN
CN I'm interested on chinese space program (Shenzhou rockets, future
CN manned flights etc...). Can anybody recomend me some resources on the
CN internet? I'm writting an article for my astronomy club's web page. I
CN found http://www.spacedaily.com the most usefull resource so far.
CN
CN I'm also interested on US reaction on Chinese advance in space
CN technology.
CN
CN Almost none, aside from a few hysterical Usenet posters asserting
CN that this will start another space race. I'd bet that your average
CN (wo)man on the street isn't even aware that China is planning manned
CN launches, and that his/her reaction to the information would probably be
CN in five words or less ("Are they really? So what?"). A shame, really.
CN
CN Just wait until the Chinese have 3 guys in orbit an the rest of us 2.

One of the peculiarities of the Chinese program is its almost
compelte neglect by American spacefaring clubs! While they wax hugely
about Russia, Brazil[!], the Ukraine[!], Japan, and India, almost no
ongoing discussion is carried out about Red China.
It would be tough for the average American to know about the China
projject if the very clubs they are members of aren't getting out the
news. (I sort of let the 'NASA coverup conspiracy' run its course
here.)
That China is up to somwthing is pretty much a certainty; we in
New York SAW the China uncrewed capsule in orbit last spring.

---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P005004