Arago vs Vogel

Old December 5th 11, 06:58 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

Default Arago vs Vogel

On Dec 5, 5:00*pm, Moi wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 07:06:18 -0800, oriel36 wrote:

It's a Hollywood movie, FFS.

It was the Arago meridian markers in the movie that I was looking
at,the AM/PM markers which dictate 1461 rotations in 1461 days/4 years
until the English version of Hollywood,otherwise known as Royal
Society empiricism,created a fictional 1465 rotations in 1461 days out
of linking timekeeping averages directly to stellar circumpolar
motion.The movie scene with its gorgeous score resonates with far more
accuracy and dignity that your brute FFS mind could muster.

An English carpenter called John Harrison is your only saving
grace,his exquisite watches mark well the rotation of the Earth in
proportion to the orbital circuits and whatever resonates in a person
in bringing up humanity's magnificent heritage in
timekeeping,astronomy ,adventure,innovation and art,it can only serve
those ends to which you dullards cannot and do not aspire to.

You poor people couldn't mesh astronomy with art,innovation with
adventure as the older civilizations once did and if you wish to know
why there are 1461 rotations in 1461 days maybe something more
straightforward would suit you,it is still Hollywood but better that
than a dumb blank mind -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROz0-4ymuXQ

I wish I could present a more colorful rendition using the Greenwich
meridian but it is my understanding that English involvement is now at
such an all-time low that none of you could be bothered saving the AM/
PM designations that begin and end at Greenwich.

Meanwhile, I take great pride from the engineering feats apparent

in Star
Wars - Attack of the Clones' which, IMHO is more valid.

BTW, welcome to my killfile - don't bother responding.

Bloody God-botherers give religion a bad name.

The guy at 8 minutes in passes judgment on your kind,you are far too
boring to appreciate the stakes,the invention,the astronomical
principles and the sheer style attached to timekeeping,astronomy and
the planet's dynamics.