What if (on Sun Wobble)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 13th 09, 02:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if (on Sun Wobble)

What if other humankind on a planet such as ours over 100 LY away are
studying our Sun? They would find it so interesting. They would
know it had a planetary family. First,they would see the Sun wobble from
side to side,as the center mass of the solar system. This Sun wobble
would have a period of about 12 years
This is the time it takes our great planet Jupiter to orbit the Sun
Must not leave out the "Doppler Shift" created by the Sun.They would be
using a spectroscope. Third thing to keep in mind as the planet Jupiter
passes across he Sun in their line of view they would notice a change in
the light's brightness. Well we in this spacetime are doing all this
as I type, Fact is since 1996 planetary discovery has become for me one
of the most interesting phenomenon of astronomy. To me it begs this
question. Will we find that the new planetary systems differ
considerably from our own? TreBert