Supermassive Black Holes.

Old May 20th 06, 07:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Supermassive Black Holes.

They are very interesting. They are used to answer some of natures
deepest mysteries. We now know they are at the center of large
galaxies,and feeding on close by stars. These black
holes are billions of times more massive than our Sun. We use black
holes to show why active galaxies no bigger that our solar system that
give off so much energy can only be powered by black holes(Quasars).
More massive black holes create brighter and bigger accretion disks.
These accretion disks are the remains of the star system torn apart by
the black holes gravity. When viewing Andromeda its black hole at its
core shows up as a blue object It is estimated to have only a mass of
30 million Suns. We also have good pictures of Cygnus X-1 that helps
give even more reality to what I'm posting. TreBert

Old May 21st 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
They are very interesting. They are used to answer some of natures
deepest mysteries. We now know they are at the center of large
galaxies,and feeding on close by stars. These black
holes are billions of times more massive than our Sun. We use black
holes to show why active galaxies no bigger that our solar system that
give off so much energy can only be powered by black holes(Quasars).
More massive black holes create brighter and bigger accretion disks.
These accretion disks are the remains of the star system torn apart by
the black holes gravity. When viewing Andromeda its black hole at its
core shows up as a blue object It is estimated to have only a mass of
30 million Suns. We also have good pictures of Cygnus X-1 that helps
give even more reality to what I'm posting. TreBert

Ever lived in a multi-level dwelling (i.e., 'apartment house')?
--
ah
Old May 21st 06, 07:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy

OK, TreBert, Black Hole lesson #1

In the aftermath of the Big Bang, once the expanding Universe cooled down
enough to allow atoms to form, the composition of the Cosmos right after
Inflation was Hydrogen (75%) and Helium (25%). There was nothing else.

Due to pressure differentials in the expanding Universe, undulations cause
by these minute differentials set the cloud of gas into a spinning motions,
setting the stage for accretion of the two types of atoms into gigantic
balls of accumulated matter. Since the two atoms, Hydrogen and Helium are
the lightest and the second lightest atoms in the periodic table, it took a
gigantic ball of them to accumulate enough mass to finally create the
required internal pressure for nuclear ignition of the furnace at the
center. Estimates vary, but as a ballpark figure, the first generation stars
of the Universe were on the order of 300 to 1000 solar masses.

Because there were no impurities (elements heavier than Helium had not yet
been created), their lifespan was measured in millions of years, rather than
the billions of years for our sun. Their death was spectacular. The
ensueing Supernova created the first natural replication of all the natural
elements of the present day periodic table, seeding the Universe with all
the heavier elements that you and I are made of. Because of the huge amount
of material in the star, it collapsed into a black hole and became the
anchor of a Galaxy. All the stuff it expelled during its death throes became
the seeds for a new generation of stars and solar systems.

Because of the "contamination" by the heavier elements, these subsequent
"second generation" stars only needed a fraction of the mass of the original
stars to induce nuclear ignition. Because of the higher content of heavier
elements in those stars, their buring cycle was drastically increased and
the second generation stars lasted up to 10 billion years. Once those stars
arrive at the end of their cycle, they become Neutron stars. Not quite
enough ummph to go that final step to Black Hole status.

Stars like our Sun are third generation stars, with an expected life cycle
of up to 18 billion years. Nearing its end, our Sun will become a Red Giant,
expanding to engulf and absorb Mercury and Venus and turning Earth into a
Silicone Jerky. It will then fade into the dreaded White Dwarf status and
gradually fade away.

In the visible Universe, all the Black Holes were created in the first 5
billion years. Most Neutron stars were formed by second generation stars, a
lot of which are still active. At the present rate of stellar evolution,
there probably will not be a fourth generation of stars for a long, long
time, as in 30 billion years.

Old May 21st 06, 01:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Can anybody explain me what is temperature of a "Black hole " ?
Thank you.

Old May 21st 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Hagar wrote:
OK, TreBert, Black Hole lesson #1

OK, Hagar, Black Hole lesson #2

Before anything that could be thought of as a 'Big Bang' or even 'our
Universe', there existed many successively different encapsulated 'spaces',
or "universes"--so as a cloud of flying insects arise from the dessicated
and depleted corpse of a wolverine, many new universes are formed from the
implository death of the encapsulated spaces prior.

As the particular wavelets of photons that bounce-off structured matter and
into the visual organelles of bipedal hominids are inverted upon passing
through the lens-gateway, so do the contents of these encapsulated spaces
as they begin to accrete and gain the mass density necessary to implode; to
change the structural 'boundaries' of these spaces.

After the initial break-through of energies necessary to create and
maintain the boundaries of such a space, the energy begins the loving dance
of structure (e.g., 'matter') and motion.

After billions of years, or/on whatever scaling, this energy conglomerates
to the degree of all its predecessors . . . spilling itself into the
fallways of the structural breaches (e.g., 'black holes'), and forming even
more encapsulated spaces.

Eddies such as ours and the Andromeda spiral are the breach-points.

Our 'universe' will end when the energies necessary for the structural
integrity of the boundaries falls below a certain amount; then it will
logarithmically be shunted through these so-called 'black holes' into one
(or more) of the encapsulated spaces being created.
--
ah
Old May 21st 06, 03:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy

ah wrote:
Hagar wrote:
[...]

Brilliant!!!

Double-A

Old May 22nd 06, 12:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy

"socratus" wrote in news:1148212973.774288.149480
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

Can anybody explain me what is temperature of a "Black hole " ?
Thank you.

According to Hawking's theory, the temperature of a black hole varies
according to its' 'surface gravity' at the event horizon:

kT = hbar c / (4 pi rs)

k is Boltzman's constant, hbar is Planck's constant, c is the speed of
light and rs is the Schwarzchild radius of the balck hole in question. Note
that this result is based on the application of quantum theory to what is
expected to happen at the event horizon of a black hole. It is speculative
as the effect has not actually been observed. Black holes are only inferred
at this point in time. For example, the orbits of stars near the centre of
our galaxy appear to indicate that they are orbiting a non luminous mass
totalling about 1.6 million solar masses within a very small volume of
space. The temperature of a 1.6 million solar mass black hole according to
the above equation is very low and applying the Stefan-Boltzman law the
total radiation resulting from the calculated temperature is not feasibly
detectable. It works out from the above that the total luminosity of a
black hole is inversely proportional to the square of the mass.

Klazmon.

Old May 22nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy

In text "black holes are billions of times more massive than our Sun" may
not be accurate. Black hole can be empty. There will be an emptiness black
hole in the universe.