Tesla Walked by Night

Old April 1st 05, 12:24 PM
Double-A

Default Tesla Walked by Night

Nikola Tesla loved nothing more than feeding the pigeons. He lived
most of his life in Manhattan hotel suites, and would walk over to
Central Park with a bag of unsalted peanuts. When the pigeons saw him,
they would gather all around him and enjoy the great man's benevolence
as he threw them handfuls of the tasty nuts. He did this not just when
he got old, but he did it through much of his life.

Although he often did this during the day, he also enjoyed taking
strolls after midnight (as do I). When he would reach the places where
the pigeons had their nighttime roosts, he would give a low whistle,
and the birds would come down and he would feed them. While amenable
to interviews during the day, during his night walks he preferred to be
left alone to his thoughts and great ideas.

No stranger to adversity, Tesla was hounded by bill collectors, and was
evicted several times because he couldn't pay his rent. After
inventing the complete AC power electrical generation and distribution
system for Westinghouse, the same system that still provides us all
with our electricity today, he was entitled to royalty payments that
should have made him a wealthy man. But when Westinghouse complained
that they could not afford to pay him such large royalties, he simply
tore up the contract and told them they could keep their money!

Before WWI, after trying many times to sell his inventions to the U.S.
military and being turned down, he finally got a deal with Germany to
sell them dynamos for use on their battleships. But when WWI broke
out, as a good American, he could no longer accept royalties from the
Germans. And so he was left without income again.

One time when he was completely broke, he found five dollars in a
drawer. But instead of using it to buy himself food, he spent it to
buy more peanuts for the pigeons!

I enjoy my nightly walks, which often take me below the high voltage
power lines. And when I look up, they remind me of Tesla.

Double-A

Old April 2nd 05, 05:11 AM
winglesswonder03

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

This man was a saint and was ripped off left and right. He is turning over
in his grave after the evil use of his technology to cause the Dec. 26th
tsunami. It is akin of a certain painter who cut off his ear.

Old April 13th 05, 01:38 AM
Captain!

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

many of the great thinkers were night owls. their restless minds kept them
awake at night so it became their schedule.

Old April 13th 05, 05:18 AM
Bill Sheppard

Yeah Double-A, you've spoken very eioquently in other threads about your
walks under the stars and the silent reverie it evokes.
But there's also the time when EVERY walk in the sun and
every walk under the stars becomes a soaring epiphany of awe and
reverance for nature and the cosmos. That's when you KNOW, and know that
you know the Cause of the effects you see...the splendid reality of the
spatial medium and its pressure-driven Unified Field of Spatial Flows.
It's an awe and reverance that the adherants of the Void-Space Paradigm
can never know.

Ray V. and possibly yourself, are among those who seem to 'get it'.
Painius, who kinda-sorta 'got it', seems to have taken a powder for the
time being.

oc

Old April 13th 05, 06:27 AM
Double-A

Bill Sheppard wrote:
[...]

Well, it's 2005. Just about that time in a century when some young
Einstein type will pull all the insights and discoveries of the last
100 years together into a coherent new theory, and once again stand
conventional science on its head! I can hardly wait.

Double-A

Old April 13th 05, 09:43 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:

Bill Sheppard wrote:
[...]

Yes Double-A, the net Star Race folks have already taken notice
of the chosen one. The gifted one is on these newsgroups and has given
you the science model calumniation of the last 100 years, of human
lifetime preponderance, a Maverick like the others before were, his name
starts with B and passes up cherry pie for sweeter ones. He knew
Einstein but can't spell for ****. Noble mind dreams he has a double and
likes oc's washing machine pump jokes. The gravity tree was strengthened
by the bat and elect boils those nasty drinks right. While he gets a
window star ship seat I hope to meet Sil in the science lounge. The rest
of you Science Officers can 1st trip mingle to your hearts content with
the reported stunning beauty cosmic evolved Mermaids on our way to the
stars.

the nightbat
Old April 13th 05, 10:28 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

"Captain!" wrote:

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Captain
many of the great thinkers were night owls. their restless minds kept them
awake at night so it became their schedule.

nightbat

Is that what you deduce Captain and here I thought it was just
waiting for trans. galactic transmissions from Darla.

the nightbat
Old April 13th 05, 01:37 PM
Whisper

Double-A wrote:

Before WWI, after trying many times to sell his inventions to the U.S.
military and being turned down, he finally got a deal with Germany to
sell them dynamos for use on their battleships. But when WWI broke
out, as a good American, he could no longer accept royalties from the
Germans.

American? Wasn't he a Croatian?
Old April 14th 05, 04:54 AM
Double-A

Whisper wrote:
Double-A wrote:

Before WWI, after trying many times to sell his inventions to the

U.S.
military and being turned down, he finally got a deal with Germany

sell them dynamos for use on their battleships. But when WWI broke
out, as a good American, he could no longer accept royalties from

the
Germans.

American? Wasn't he a Croatian?

Croatian-American.

He became a naturalized American citizen in 1891.

Double-A