Entropy

Old December 30th 05, 07:09 AM posted to alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.talk.creationism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy

Default Entropy

Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
In f61e0e1e0512292023t1175d1c4vd0d22266b7bea6f1@mail .gmail.com,
CrystalDragonClear ] wrote:

Dr. Paul Davies, lecturer in applied mathematics at King's College,
London, writes in "New Scientist":

"Everywhere we look in the Universe, from the far flung galaxies to
the deepest recesses of the atom, we encounter order. . . . If information
and order always has a natural tendency to disappear, where did all the
information that makes the world such a special place come from
originally?"

Good grief, is he really that dense?

dropping alt.free.newsservers

This is Jabbers. The bets a
1 - There is no Dr. Paul Davies
2 - If there is , he never wrote anything vaguely resembling what Jabby claims

--
Seppo P.
What's wrong with Theocracy? (a Finnish Taliban, Oct 1, 2005)

Old December 30th 05, 12:38 PM posted to alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.talk.creationism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy

CrystalDragonClear ] wrote:

Dr. Paul Davies, lecturer in applied mathematics at King's College,
London, writes in "New Scientist":

"Everywhere we look in the Universe, from the far flung galaxies to
the deepest recesses of the atom, we encounter order. . . . If
information
and order always has a natural tendency to disappear, where did all the
information that makes the world such a special place come from
originally?"

Good grief, is he really that dense?

dropping alt.free.newsservers

This is Jabbers. The bets a
1 - There is no Dr. Paul Davies
2 - If there is , he never wrote anything vaguely resembling what Jabby
claims

Looks like there *is* a third option after all:
3 - Dr. Paul Davies *really is* a kook.

Old December 30th 05, 11:36 PM posted to alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.talk.creationism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:38:30 +0200, SeppoP
wrote:

CrystalDragonClear ] wrote:

Dr. Paul Davies, lecturer in applied mathematics at King's College,
London, writes in "New Scientist":

"Everywhere we look in the Universe, from the far flung galaxies to
the deepest recesses of the atom, we encounter order. . . . If
information
and order always has a natural tendency to disappear, where did all the
information that makes the world such a special place come from
originally?"

Good grief, is he really that dense?

dropping alt.free.newsservers

This is Jabbers. The bets a
1 - There is no Dr. Paul Davies
2 - If there is , he never wrote anything vaguely resembling what Jabby
claims

Looks like there *is* a third option after all:
3 - Dr. Paul Davies *really is* a kook.

Dr. Paul Davies is very real.
He taught at my alma mater for a while.
He is a theoretical physicist, and prolific authour.

I got the impression from some of his talks and early publications
that he firmly believes in a god of some sort, and tried to open up
the gaps in theoretical physics to allow room for this sky-pixy.

He seems to have toned down that bit of his public persona in the last
few years, and now comes across as more of an agnostic.
He is not a kook, by any stretch of the imagination.

Sam Wormley is Wrong (was: WHAT'S NEW...) Davoud Amateur Astronomy 164 May 2nd 05 07:53 AM
Scientists zero in on why time flows in one direction (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 November 1st 04 07:32 PM
Why are most galaxies and solar systems 'flat'? Richard Dickison UK Astronomy 94 October 31st 03 03:13 PM
PizzaGram from Hawaii Starlord Misc 2 October 17th 03 10:47 PM
PizzaGram from Hawaii Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 October 17th 03 05:21 PM