After the Beijing Olympics...China Will Go For Taiwan! China Threatens to Nuke US (article)

Old July 17th 05, 01:12 PM
jonathan

Default After the Beijing Olympics...China Will Go For Taiwan! China Threatens to Nuke US (article)

And the US will have a very frightening decision to make. If anyone thinks
these off-hand remarks by those outside, but near, the CCP inner
circle are made without permission, you nuts! It's their version of
a political trial balloon. After the Beijing Olympics the CCP will
feel 'legitimized' and emboldened as a result. They're prepping us.

We, the people, need to take our destiny back and place it in our own hands
before the nightmares within the Peoples Republic of China spill over
and become ours.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Mexico_1968.htm

http://en.beijing-2008.org/

http://www.faluninfo.net/

----------------

Top Chinese general warns US over attack

By Alexandra Harney in Beijing and Demetri Sevastopulo and Edward Alden
in Washington
Published: July 14 2005 21:59 | Last updated: July 15 2005 00:03
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/28cfe55a-f4...00e2511c8.html

China is prepared to use nuclear weapons against the US if it is
attacked by Washington during a confrontation over Taiwan, a Chinese
general said on Thursday.

"If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition
on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to
respond with nuclear weapons," said General Zhu Chenghu.

Gen Zhu was speaking at a function for foreign journalists organised,
in part, by the Chinese government. He added that China's definition of
its territory included warships and aircraft.

"If the Americans are determined to interfere [then] we will be
determined to respond," said Gen Zhu, who is also a professor at
China's National Defence University.

"We . . . will prepare ourselves for the destruction of all of the
cities east of Xian. Of course the Americans will have to be prepared
that hundreds . . . of cities will be destroyed by the Chinese."

Gen Zhu is a self-acknowledged "hawk" who has warned that China
could strike the US with long-range missiles. But his threat to use
nuclear weapons in a conflict over Taiwan is the most specific by a
senior Chinese official in nearly a decade.

However, some US-based China experts cautioned that Gen Zhu probably
did not represent the mainstream People's Liberation Army view.

"He is running way beyond his brief on what China might do in
relation to the US if push comes to shove," said one expert with
knowledge of Gen Zhu. "Nobody who is cleared for information on
Chinese war scenarios is going to talk like this," he added.

Gen Zhu's comments come as the Pentagon prepares to brief Congress next
Monday on its annual report on the Chinese military, which is expected
to take a harder line than previous years. They are also likely to fuel
the mounting anti-China sentiment on Capitol Hill.

In recent months, a string of US officials, including Donald Rumsfeld,
defence secretary, have raised concerns about China's military rise.
The Pentagon on Thursday declined to comment on "hypothetical
scenarios".

Rick Fisher, a former senior US congressional official and an authority
on the Chinese military, said the specific nature of the threat "is a
new addition to China's public discourse". China's official doctrine
has called for no first use of nuclear weapons since its first atomic
test in 1964. But Gen Zhu is not the first Chinese official to refer to
the possibility of using such weapons first in a conflict over Taiwan.

Chas Freeman, a former US assistant secretary of defence, said in 1996
that a PLA official had told him China could respond in kind to a
nuclear strike by the US in the event of a conflict with Taiwan. The
official is believed to have been Xiong Guangkai, now the PLA's deputy
chief of general staff.

Gen Zhu said his views did not represent official Chinese policy and he
did not anticipate war with the US.

------------------

Old July 18th 05, 05:26 AM
Michael Rhino

I think that the general who threatened us with nukes is a hot-head who
doesn't represent official policy. There is a possibility that they won't
wait for the 2008 Olympics to invade Taiwan. They may strike while we're
still tied up in Iraq. The current trade deficit cannot be sustained
forever and I don't know if they can wait until 2008. An invasion followed
by economic sanctions would disrupt the world's economy.

Old July 22nd 05, 12:05 AM

Michael Rhino wrote:
I think that the general who threatened us with nukes is a hot-head who
doesn't represent official policy. There is a possibility that they won't
wait for the 2008 Olympics to invade Taiwan. They may strike while we're
still tied up in Iraq. The current trade deficit cannot be sustained
forever and I don't know if they can wait until 2008. An invasion followed
by economic sanctions would disrupt the world's economy.

I doubt it will come soon. They still have not upgraded their military
completely. While it might happen before 2008, I expect it to happen
after that.

Old July 22nd 05, 11:59 PM
Damon Hill

"Ed Kyle" wrote in
oups.com:

We won't be worrying about terrorists once a
"billion screaming Chinamen" come over the
horizon. Just as much fun as Korea, except
this time China will be better prepared - armed
with precision guided weapons and stealth
aircraft, and backed up by a powerful ICBM/SLBM
based nuclear deterrent. Against the U.S.,
China could fight a long brutal war of attrition
and win - unless allies came to the aid of the
U.S..

It's a good thing the U.S. has been keeping
its allies happy.

I doubt China will want to cut off their trade with us.
Their economy would implode overnight.

--Damon
Old July 23rd 05, 03:27 PM
Terrell Miller

Damon Hill wrote:

I doubt China will want to cut off their trade with us.
Their economy would implode overnight.

erm, it's starting to do that already...

--
Terrell Miller

"Suddenly, after nearly 30 years of scorn, Prog is cool again".
-Entertainment Weekly
Old July 25th 05, 10:56 PM
Alex Terrell

Not really. Starting a nuclear war might result in the death of
millions of americans and 100s of millions of Chinese. It would be the
end of China.

A war of attrition could result in a complete blocade of China's ports.
This would be very damaging for the world economy, but would be
devestating for China. No oil, no exports - they'd be back to where
they were 30 years ago.

Old July 28th 05, 02:47 AM
jonathan

"Ed Kyle" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
Michael Rhino wrote:
I think that the general who threatened us with nukes is a hot-head who
doesn't represent official policy. There is a possibility that they won't
wait for the 2008 Olympics to invade Taiwan. They may strike while we're
still tied up in Iraq. The current trade deficit cannot be sustained
forever and I don't know if they can wait until 2008. An invasion followed
by economic sanctions would disrupt the world's economy.

I doubt it will come soon. They still have not upgraded their military
completely. While it might happen before 2008, I expect it to happen
after that.

I'll have to mark that on my calender.

"WW III, 2009".

We won't be worrying about terrorists once a
"billion screaming Chinamen" come over the
horizon. Just as much fun as Korea, except
this time China will be better prepared - armed
with precision guided weapons and stealth
aircraft, and backed up by a powerful ICBM/SLBM
based nuclear deterrent. Against the U.S.,
China could fight a long brutal war of attrition
and win - unless allies came to the aid of the
U.S..

Oh please, China couldn't even make it across the Taiwan Straits.
In a conventional air and naval battle, which a war against China
would be, the US would have little trouble. China's navy wouldn't
last a week.

The only way for China to become a true military and economic
rival of the US is if they became....just like us....
If China were to become a free democracy. In which case
they would no longer be a potential enemy, but an ally.

Democracy best mimics Nature, and She always wins in
the end. The only war of attrition is the one China is
waging against itself. As in how much longer can they
hold on against the weight of the natural world.
I'm betting they won't make it much past the Beijing
Olympics.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Mexico_1968.htm
http://en.beijing-2008.org/
http://www.faluninfo.net/

If China were to lash out it would be writing it's own epitaph.

Jonathan

"A Wounded deer leaps highest,
I 've heard the hunter tell;
'T is but the ecstasy of death,
And then the brake is still.

The smitten rock that gushes,
The trampled steel that springs:
A cheek is always redder
Just where the hectic stings!

Mirth is the mail of anguish,
In which it caution arm,
Lest anybody spy the blood
And "You 're hurt" exclaim!"

By E Dickinson

It's a good thing the U.S. has been keeping
its allies happy.

- Ed Kyle

Old July 29th 05, 04:30 AM
Michael Rhino

"jonathan" wrote in message

Oh please, China couldn't even make it across the Taiwan Straits.
In a conventional air and naval battle, which a war against China
would be, the US would have little trouble. China's navy wouldn't
last a week.

What was true 5 years ago is no longer true. China has upgraded its navy a
great deal and is quite dangerous now.

Old July 29th 05, 04:32 AM
Dr. P. Quackenbush

"Michael Rhino" wrote in message
"jonathan" wrote in message

Oh please, China couldn't even make it across the Taiwan Straits.
In a conventional air and naval battle, which a war against China
would be, the US would have little trouble. China's navy wouldn't
last a week.

What was true 5 years ago is no longer true. China has upgraded its navy

great deal and is quite dangerous now.

It still wouldn't last a week. America would lose a few more ships, yes
indeed, but they'd still utterly dominate.

Politicizing the Beijing Olympics ... a Path to Global Democracy! jonathan Policy 2 July 15th 05 02:11 PM
Psst! Pope Benedict XVI --- Lend me your ear -- Pope John XIII Ed Conrad Misc 1 June 24th 05 09:09 PM
Ed Conrad's NEW Letter to Prof. Michael Behe Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 June 21st 05 10:50 AM
New Space Race? Eugene Kent Misc 9 November 13th 03 01:42 PM
China to the Moon Steve Dufour Misc 21 November 7th 03 06:58 PM