earth tilt to 45 deg?

Old December 21st 18, 05:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default earth tilt to 45 deg?

I know you are, but what am I?

StarDust wrote in
:

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 8:48:35 AM UTC-8, Jibini Kula
Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 3:40:42 PM UTC-8, Jibini
Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 1:46:35 PM UTC-8, Jibini
Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8:22:43 AM UTC-8,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 6:22:38 PM UTC-8,
Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 4:39:41 PM
UTC-8, Jibini Kula Tumbili

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 1:48:37 PM
UTC-8, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
wrote:

What would happen if the Earth's tilt would
shift to 45 deg suddenly or in a short
period of time? Would we survive?

The amount of energy involved to cause that
would vaporize the planet and everything on
it.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only
with more asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Don't see why would our planet vaporise?

Says more about you and your (lack of)
understanding of fairly basic physics.

Let's say a large asteroid would hit our Moon,
knocking it out of orbit or much farther away,
so earth would wobble more?

An asteroid big enough (or fast enough) to have
enough energy the moon out of its orbit wouldn't
knock the moon out of its orbit, it would
shatter it, and turn a great deal of it into
plasma.

And that wouldn't be nearly enough energy to
alter the Earth's tilt that much.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with
more asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Depends how the Moon is hit and the size of
asteroid?

No, not really, To "knock the moon out of its
orbit" would require a certain amount of energy.
That amount of energy would shatter the moon, and
turn a good deal of it into plasma. The math isn't
that complicated. (And the debris would probably
kill everything living thing on Earth even if the
impact didn't.)

--
Terry Austin

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with
more asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Moon floats in vacuum and earth gravity holding it
in orbit! I'm saying to move Moons orbit maybe
hundred thousand miles out!

Once again, the amount of energy to do that in a short
time will not move the moon, it will shatter is, and
turn most if not all of it into plasma. No matter how
many times you parrot the same stupid idea, it won't
get any less stupid. So enjoy your stupid fantasy.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more
asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Earth did not shatter when some thing hit it billions
of years ago?

It wasn't knocked out of its orbit, and as best we can
tell, the entier surface was turned to molten rock. And
it wasn't knocked out of its orbit.

Your assumption is falls!

You english is crap. And your brain is Jell-O.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more
asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Of course, Mr. **** for brain!
What are you Indian?

Not that we needed further proof, but racism is not possible
for someone who isn't mentally retarded.

Obvious, Indians are born **** heads!
Only good for driving taxis!

We know you're mentally retarded (we've always known, from your
first post). There's no need to keep proving it, son. Now ask
Mummy for a cookie, it's time for beddie bye.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Go drive a taxi and don't come back!
Moon may shatter? LOL!

Old December 21st 18, 06:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 8:48:35 AM UTC-8, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 3:40:42 PM UTC-8, Jibini Kula
Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 1:46:35 PM UTC-8, Jibini

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8:22:43 AM UTC-8, Jibini

Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

[...]

the entier surface was turned to molten rock. And it wasn't
knocked out of its orbit.

Old December 22nd 18, 08:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

StarDust wrote:
Moon floats in vacuum

No. It is incorrect, although arguably poetic, to describe motion in vacuum
as “floating”. Floating requires a substance to float on (e.g. water) or in
(e.g. air), but “vacuum” means the absence of any substance.

and earth gravity holding it in orbit!

[The proper terms are “the Moon” and “Earth” (NOT “the Earth” or “[the]
earth”). I am using the Latin names, “Luna” and “Terra”, respectively,
here instead.]

No. An interaction is always mutual. Actually, one body never orbits the
other, but two orbit around their common center of mass. In the case of
Terra and Luna though, the common center of mass lies c. 1'700 km (1'100 mi)
beneath Terra’s surface, so it appears as if Luna would orbit Terra.

Because of the size of Luna (the lunar radius is more than a quarter of the
Terran) Terra–Luna can be called a double planet. However, under the
definition that the common center of mass of such a system must lie outside
both bodies, it would not be.

I'm saying to move Moons orbit maybe hundred thousand miles out!

This is already happening, slowly, as Luna loses angular momentum due to
tidal friction. Lunar Laser Ranging (LLR) shows that the Terra–Luna
distance is increasing by 38 mm (1.5 in) per year. So enjoy those total
solar eclipses while you still can ;-)

Note that there will be problems for Terra if you want to “play god” and
simply move the lunar orbit at once. At its current speed, Luna would be
too fast to be held in orbit and run away. The tides would be much weaker
which would influence life on Terra in a major way.

Assuming that you would somehow also slow the lunar orbital speed at once to
the right measure, then this would mean, as angular momentum is preserved,
that days on Earth would be much longer than they are today (this is already
happening, slowly, by c. 15 µs/a).

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Old December 22nd 18, 09:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn:
No. It is incorrect, although arguably poetic, to describe motion in vacuum
as “floating”. Floating requires a substance to float on (e.g. water) or
in (e.g. air), but “vacuum” means the absence of any substance.

There is no such thing as a vacuum. Nature doesn't just abhor a vacuum,
it forbids it.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old December 23rd 18, 04:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

I know you are, but what am I?

wrote:

[...]

I don't think, you even have license to drive a taxi cab?
Old December 23rd 18, 12:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 15:15:10 -0500, Davoud wrote:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn:
No. It is incorrect, although arguably poetic, to describe

motion in vacuum
as “floating”. Floating requires a substance to float on

(e.g. water) or
in (e.g. air), but “vacuum” means the absence of any

substance.
There is no such thing as a vacuum. Nature doesn't just abhor a

vacuum,
it forbids it.

True. There are neutrinos everywhere...
Old December 23rd 18, 10:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Davoud wrote:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn:
No. It is incorrect, although arguably poetic, to describe motion in vacuum
as “floating”. Floating requires a substance to float on (e.g. water) or
in (e.g. air), but “vacuum” means the absence of any substance.

There is no such thing as a vacuum. Nature doesn't just abhor a vacuum,
it forbids it.

1. Pseudonymous poster.
2. Invalid Reply-To.
3. Mangled quotes.
4. Pseudo-scientific nonsense.

Score adjusted.

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Old December 23rd 18, 10:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

[snipped broken quotes]

Paul Schlyter wrote: True. There are neutrinos everywhere...

There *are* neutrinos, but “everywhere”? How did you get that idea?

And how did you get the idea that this would not be vacuum?

Learn to quote.

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Old December 24th 18, 03:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn:
No. It is incorrect, although arguably poetic, to describe motion in
vacuum
as “floating”. Floating requires a substance to float on (e.g. water)
or
in (e.g. air), but “vacuum” means the absence of any substance.

Davoud:
There is no such thing as a vacuum. Nature doesn't just abhor a vacuum,
it forbids it.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn:
1. Pseudonymous poster.
2. Invalid Reply-To.
3. Mangled quotes.
4. Pseudo-scientific nonsense.

You talkin' about me? Pseudonymous poster? My true name and a valid
email address appear on every post.

Old December 24th 18, 02:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 22:04:54 +0100, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
wrote:
[snipped broken quotes]

Paul Schlyter wrote: True. There are neutrinos everywhere...

There *are* neutrinos, but everywhere? How did you get that idea?

Point out one place where there are no neutrinos.

And how did you get the idea that this would not be vacuum?

If there's a vacuum also in the presence of particles, we'll then
it's a trivial truism that there's a vacuum everywhere.

earth's tilt RichD Amateur Astronomy 63 September 25th 12 08:10 PM
Why does Earth's tilt produce summers and winters? AlexZ Astronomy Misc 66 November 9th 06 06:15 AM
Direction of the Earth's axis tilt in the x-y ecliptic plane? canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 35 March 22nd 06 11:00 PM
why does tilt of earth not change relative to sun? DarkMotion Misc 4 February 27th 06 12:27 AM
sundial & Earth's tilt questions Benoit Morrissette Astronomy Misc 22 September 1st 03 08:55 AM