Nightmare!

Old September 20th 03, 04:57 PM
Alan W. Craft

Default Nightmare!

My FS-102 finally arrived, but it wasn't an FS-102!

It was an FS-78, or some other 80mm scope!

The entire tube was coated and smeared with black grease,
as was the objective!

I was furious!

Later, I reasoned that it must have been some little "project"
of Art's and Fred's...something they had in a back room...
and that it was mistakenly shipped to me...or was it?

Alan
Old September 23rd 03, 09:26 PM
Doogie Hoosier

Alan W. Craft wrote in message . ..
My FS-102 finally arrived, but it wasn't an FS-102!

It was an FS-78, or some other 80mm scope!

The entire tube was coated and smeared with black grease,
as was the objective!

I was furious!

Later, I reasoned that it must have been some little "project"
of Art's and Fred's...something they had in a back room...
and that it was mistakenly shipped to me...or was it?

Alan

Does it have a battery compartment?

Doug Hosey
Old September 25th 03, 10:50 PM
Chris.B

Alan W. Craft wrote in message . ..
My FS-102 finally arrived, but it wasn't an FS-102!

It was an FS-78, or some other 80mm scope!

The entire tube was coated and smeared with black grease,
as was the objective!

I was furious!

Alan

Funnily enough, only last night I dreamt I found an identical 6" f/8
refractor OTA to my own in a flea-market. My wife kept urging me to
buy it to make a big bino. I kept worrying whether it was well
corrected and had no way to do any optical tests on the spot. I got so
frustrated in the end that I woke myself up! Argh!

Chris.B