Panasonic PV-GS39 MiniDV Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom

Old May 22nd 09, 05:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Panasonic PV-GS39 MiniDV Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom

Price:$299.00
Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000DZFTZS
Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000DZFTZS

This is a good solid camera. Very cheap with a large zoom. The image stabilization is good up to around 10x and then it doesn't help too much. The image quality is excellent and the night mode is good too.
I wanted a camcorder for my trip to India and did not have enough time to research into it. So I went to circuit city and bought one of the returned camcorder for a bargain. And what an amazing deal it was!I have had this camcorder for over two years now and I would like to point out that this camcorder functions just as good as it did when I bought it. I have has absolutely no issues with this camcorder. The optical zoom is amazing. I never use digital zoom. The video is not very clear when you use digital zoom. PC interface with vista is giving me issues with worked excellent with WinXP. Battery life with standard battery is very descent. Overall a steal for the price that I bought it for.
So, I bought this camera, and truthfully I really wish I hadn't. I guess the only thing I don't like is even with the light that you can turn on, nighttime shots are really, really poor quality. I don't know what it is about this camera, or many camera's panasonic has put out, but the minute it gets a little dark - FORGET ABOUT IT! Other than that, the battery is long lasting and it truly is really simple to use - I mean no brainer, really! It's small, so I can take it anywhere with me and not think I am carrying something bulky- love to put it in my purse, other than the night thingy, its a fine camera.
I bought this last Christmas for my husband. Here it is, November of the next year, and we still have trouble using it. It is NOT user-friendly! The connections to PC or TV are not easy, and forget that, just shooting movies are a challenge, especially if inside. There's a lighting feature we still haven't figured out, and apparently we have a lemon, as there are 5 blue bands that span across our movies in playback. Sounds like we're not alone... Also, I can't find any info on the Panasonic website about this model, or it's problems.Buyer beware!
I bought this camcorder back in August last year right after my vacation, not so smart but I needed a new one just didn't act fast enough. That's the lesson I learned here. Although you have a 1 year Parts warranty you only have 90 day for labor. You wouldn't think that would be bad but guess what, it will cost $200 for labor no matter how large or small the job. I unfortunately didn't test the video output through the television until recently when I discovered it wasn't working. I had never used so I'm guessing that it never worked. I tried to explain this to Panasonic service center but they weren't having it. I paid $299 and I cannot see paying $200 to fix something that didn't work in the first place. The moral of the story is, it's a pretty good little camcorder for the money. Just make sure you test every little feature within the ninety days because you'd be better off buying a new one if it goes wrong after that.
The PV-GS39 is a Digital Palmcorder MultiCam Camcorder featuring 30x Optical Zoom, 1000x Digital Zoom & 2.7" diagonal LCD.
The Panasonic PV-GS39 MiniDV Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom combines versatility, ergonomic design, a powerful zoom and enhanced PC connection options. With a new, low-height, compact design featuring a convenient side-load mechanism for inserting and removing tapes, the Panasonic PV GS29 offers the ultimate in point-and-shoot ease. The PV-GS29 includes a DV output (firewire) for easy digital connection to compatible PCs or digital video editing equipment, a 2.7-inch 16:9 LCD display, built-in LED light, and a 30x optical zoom and 1000x digital zoom. The camcorder also allows you to record in wide-screen format and includes a secure digital memory card slot. Joystick control offers users with easy operation and navigation.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Panasonic MiniDV Tapes (Pack of 5):http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B00007FWP2
Belkin F3N401-06-ICE IEEE 1394 4-Pin/6-Pin 400 Mbps FireWire Cable (6 Feet):http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B00005NIMR
Lowepro Edit 110 Camcorder Bag:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0007A1IRC