Pseudonyms, deceit and dirty tricks.

Old February 25th 09, 05:21 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
[email protected]

Default Pseudonyms, deceit and dirty tricks.

On Feb 25, 9:10*am, " wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:31*pm, "Alan Erskine" wrote:

wrote in message

STOP POSTING THIS CRAP TO SCI.SPACE.POLICY!

Why would anybody want to have space policy? Dude, you are over
working.

We'll just let QWest decide whether what you are doing is appropriate or
not; hmmmm?

Deranged.

Vietnam veteran from a small town having big ideas about the world?
Ruling over the aliens? Secret government projects? Policies in space,
you are crazy, man.
Old February 25th 09, 07:01 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
[email protected]

wrote in message

STOP POSTING THIS CRAP TO SCI.SPACE.POLICY!

Why would anybody want to have space policy? Dude, you are over
working.

We'll just let QWest decide whether what you are doing is appropriate or
not; hmmmm?

Deranged.

Vietnam veteran from a small town having big ideas about the world?
Ruling over the aliens? Secret government projects? Policies in space,
you are crazy, man.

Are you saying I am some type of a very very bad boy and let's see
what
Quest, my provider things of me, boy? I say boy you are very nasty,
Marxes of power in the head of the ku klux klan tonight, boy, boy,
boy,
boy.
Old February 25th 09, 07:07 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
[email protected]

wrote in message

STOP POSTING THIS CRAP TO SCI.SPACE.POLICY!

Why would anybody want to have space policy? Dude, you are over
working.

We'll just let QWest decide whether what you are doing is appropriate or
not; hmmmm?

Deranged.

Vietnam veteran from a small town having big ideas about the world?
Ruling over the aliens? Secret government projects? Policies in space,
you are crazy, man.

Are you saying I am some type of a very very bad boy and let's see
what
Quest, my provider things of me, boy? I say boy you are very nasty,
Marxes of power in the head of the ku klux klan tonight, boy, boy,
boy,
boy.

My work was sent for a candidacy for a Nobel Prize. I share lines of
interest with Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr. I do not
appreciate harrassment.

Old February 25th 09, 07:15 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
[email protected]

[...]

You have the right to fart after a chilly bean, chill, chill, chill,
chill, chilly
chill excessively stalking and bullying man of 1980's Internet ideas
applied
to all, but never seeing that a phone line is connected to an Internet
line and that is messing with people's private property in classic
stalking
forms of power, I'll **** in your ku klux klan mother's mouth, pig.

Old February 26th 09, 03:33 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
:
:Odysseus wrote:
:
: I'm as fond of polysyllabic humour as the next man, but I'd be the
: first to admit that's a trait scarcely indicative of _machismo_.
:
:It's not? Are you sure?
:
:Crap.
:
oes this mean I have to return the Ferrari? ;-)
:

That depends on just what you're overcompensating for. ;-)

--
"Adrenaline is like exercise, but without the excessive gym fees."
-- Professor Walsh, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Old February 26th 09, 02:28 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Possible identity theft

Down to 24 hours, Ian.

Fred J. McCall wrote:

eirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
::
::Happy, now?
::
:
:Are you ready for him to accuse you of hacking the real Deirdre
:Sholto-Douglas' email? You can't get a loony like 'Ian Parker' to
:retract based on reality. There's only one way to teach him that he
:can't go around publicly accusing reputable professionals of criminal
:acts.
:
:He's got 48 hours to issue a public retraction of his false accusation
:that I have committed the criminal act of identity theft. It is 6:00
:AM on Wednesday, 25 February, 2009. He has until Friday morning...
:
::
::By the way, how you can look at that website and come up
::with "extracting" uranium is beyond me. The point of the
::exercise is to microbially reduce and immobilise soluble U(VI)
::to insoluble U(IV). Bioremediation of radionuclides, Ian...not
::mining.
::
:
:It's not beyond me. It's the sort of loonytoon 'technology' that 'Ian
:Parker' is enamoured of. Sentient and self-replicating AI machines,
:sentient and self aware nanobots, using bacteria to 'build' things,
:mine things, etc.
:
::
::---------------------------------
::
::
::
::Ian,*
::
::I thank you for your concern wrt to identity theft...I assure
::you my identity has not been stolen. *To that*end, I will be*
::happy to repost this email..both your original missive and*
::my reply...on the thread*in question from*my personal email*
::account in order to allay your concerns.
::
::While I appreciate your interest in me, I would like to*state*
::that I draw a line between my*USENET postings*and my*
:rofessional life...I would be grateful if, in future,*you make*
::an effort not to cross it again. *
::
::Thank you.
::
:eirdre Sholto-Douglas
::Molecular Environmental Science Group
::Biosciences Division
::Argonne National Laboratory
::
::
::
::On Feb 24, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Ian Parker wrote:
::I am writing to you about a possible case of identity theft.
::
::http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci...536dc510ffc4c0
::
::I would first of all like to ask you whether you are the Deirdre
::Sholto Douglas who is posing in this thread. I do not believe for
:ne moment that you are. I think you ought to know though that
::your name is being used in this way. What action you take is,
:f course, up to you. I think though your good name should be
::important to you.
::
::I feel too I should tell you where I am coming from. I am a retired
::mathematician with a strong interest in Artificial Intelligence. I
::have always felt that the future of the space program lies in
::unmanned exploration and in improving the quality of AI. This
::was howled down by various people in sci.space.policy. As well
::as attacking my theories they made a lot of personal remarks
::about me.
::
::Recently NASA has in fact endorsed this position. NASA (along
::with Google) has teamed up with Kurtzwel in the shape of the
::"Singularity University". This in fact offers a whole range of
::technologies, focussed on AI, but also including such things as
::nanotech.
::
::I have looked at your website. One thing hit me in the eye. Uranium
::and its biological extraction. I would like to ask you another question
::-
::"What about Platinum?" Would it be possible, in your view, to extract
::Platinum biologically? This is one of the things which I think the new
::NASA brass are after. When the dinosaurs became extinct a layer
:f Iridium was deposited and asteroids are rich (in comparison with
::the Earth's crust) in platinoids.
::
::This by the way is one of the reasons why it can't be you. You I am
::sure would have mentioned the work on Uranium.
::*
::* - Ian Parker
Old February 26th 09, 07:46 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

:Odysseus wrote:
:
: I'm as fond of polysyllabic humour as the next man, but I'd be the
: first to admit that's a trait scarcely indicative of _machismo_.
:
:It's not? Are you sure?
:
:Crap.
:
oes this mean I have to return the Ferrari? ;-)
:

That depends on just what you're overcompensating for. ;-)

Greying hair.

Did I mention the Ferrari is red? :-)

Deirdre
Old February 27th 09, 05:41 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

:
:
:"Fred J. McCall" wrote:
:
: Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
: :
: :Odysseus wrote:
: :
: : I'm as fond of polysyllabic humour as the next man, but I'd be the
: : first to admit that's a trait scarcely indicative of _machismo_.
: :
: :It's not? Are you sure?
: :
: :Crap.
: :
: oes this mean I have to return the Ferrari? ;-)
: :
:
: That depends on just what you're overcompensating for. ;-)
:
:
:Greying hair.
:
id I mention the Ferrari is red? :-)
:

You should have gotten a grey one. Then the hair would have stayed
red.

[My Mercedes is silver. My hair is mostly dark.]

--
"Oooo, scary! Y'know, there are a lot scarier things
in the world than you ... and I'm one of them."

-- Buffy the vampire