Valeev is by no means the worst offender

Old February 22nd 09, 01:21 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Default Americans - Insane in the Membrane

kT wrote:

kT wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
Ian's babblings are of NO SIGNIFICANCE.

Why are you even bothering?
Probably because even with all his issues, he's more
interesting than you.
Ok then, you admit Ian is interesting.

You're coming late to the party, kT...I've said that from the
start...his monumental conceit of himself is fascinating. He
rattles on like a parrot on benzadrine, but he never actually
addresses any scientific points made by others...in that, his
avoidance skills are really quite remarkable. When was the
last time you saw someone claiming have a "scientific dis-
cussion" yet ignoring every fact in favour of making it up
as they go along?

Ian _is_ interesting, kT, but for all the wrong reasons.

Crackpotology is indeed interesting, but Ian only has a mild case of
nanobotology. All of his other symptoms are a result of that obsession.

Any port in a storm, kT...there simply aren't that many
crackpots in my world.

Most of us real crackpots have moved on to other more interesting
crackpot ideas. The whole idea of crackpotology is to keep moving,
because it's very large field where crackpot ideas seemingly appear out
of nowhere, only to vaporize into nonsense shortly thereafter, once
actual data and evidence start to appear. It's a useful tool for those
bored with traditional methods of science, but it's only a single tool.

Smart crackpots simply use their nuttiness to discover hidden truths.

That would seem to leave Ian out of the equation...he uses
his to _create_ overt falsifications.

Honestly, if science wasn't fun, the tedium would drive you insane ...

Got _that_ in one. And the pay usually sucks...no one does
this to get rich...but the toys can make up for a lot of tedium
and late hours...at least they have so far.

Deirdre
Old February 22nd 09, 03:08 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
hanson

Default Valeev is by no means the worst offender

"Ian Parker" wrote:
"hanson" wrote
"Ian Parker" wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas aka
Bint Al-kalb wrote:

Ian Parker wrote:
I suspect that the last thing you want is a proper discussion
of the poteial of nanotech. As I said I suspect you were going
with Honeywell. That is a typical Al-kalb technique.
KT is wrong you are not a bitch merely the daughter of one.
- Ian Parker

hanson wrote:
.... ahahahaha... you are catching on, Parker... ahahaha...
The Shemale "macht das Kalb with you"... IOW s/he is
just ****ing with you. So, enjoy it and it will crank him'er.
Thanks for the laughs guys.... ahahaha... ahahahanson

Ian Parker wrote:
der Hund - gender NOT das kalb

hanson wrote:
hahahahaha... der Hund... right... das Kalb.. right.
But the hound, the dog, is NOT a Kalb, a calf.
The neutral "das" is applied in many Germanic languages
to young, not yet sexually active specimens, even to
humans with "das Kind", the child.

Now go across your Chunnel and find out where the
expression "macht das Kalb mit Dir" came from.
It's equivalent to the Anglo's "horse-playing" or " trying to
make a fool out of you" which is what Deirdre Sholto
Douglas - Bint Al-kalb is doing with you... which is why

Old February 22nd 09, 03:08 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
hanson

Default Helmut Wabnig is by no means the worst offender

Hey, Wabie,
I just put your handle into the subject line to get your attention.
Translate, tell us where that expression "macht das Kalb mit Dir"
or "mach doch mal kein Kalb" etc, is used and how it best
translates into English. Thanks
hanson

"Ian Parker" wrote:
"hanson" wrote
"Ian Parker" wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas aka

hanson wrote:
.... ahahahaha... you are catching on, Parker... ahahaha...
The Shemale "macht das Kalb with you"... IOW s/he is
just ****ing with you. So, enjoy it and it will crank him'er.
Thanks for the laughs guys.... ahahaha... ahahahanson

Ian Parker wrote:
der Hund - gender NOT das kalb

Old February 22nd 09, 05:41 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Androcles[_8_]

Since a child may be of either gender it make no sense to reference
'him' or 'her' as 'your son' or 'your daughter'. Hence 'das Kind.'
One should be able to say der Kind (the boy) or die Kind (the girl)
to indicate youth and species, but instead it is 'der Junge' and 'das
Madchen', at least according to babelfish.
Nobody puts the cart before the horse literally, only figuratively,
but we do often swap the verb before the noun and versa-vice
(not allowed) when translating.

Oh well... languages are quirky, you big girl's blouse, we all speak in
clichés.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-big3.htm

"Do you want that steak sandwich to go, sir?"
"Huh? Go? Go where?" Is it so rare it walks by itself?
"She means to "take away", you English fool! "
"Well, why didn't she say so? Bloody stupid Americans!"

"Why do you put a 'u' in words like "color" and "honor" "?
(I was actually asked that.)
"We had them first, it's our language, why do you take them out?"

Ebonics:
"That debbie be too skinny".
All the words are English, even the contraction of "debutante",
the language is not. A "debbie" is a black girl behaving like an
"Uncle Tom".

"hanson" wrote in message
Hey, Wabie,
I just put your handle into the subject line to get your attention.
Translate, tell us where that expression "macht das Kalb mit Dir"
or "mach doch mal kein Kalb" etc, is used and how it best
translates into English. Thanks
hanson

"Ian Parker" wrote:
"hanson" wrote
"Ian Parker" wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas aka

hanson wrote:
... ahahahaha... you are catching on, Parker... ahahaha...
The Shemale "macht das Kalb with you"... IOW s/he is
just ****ing with you. So, enjoy it and it will crank him'er.
Thanks for the laughs guys.... ahahaha... ahahahanson

Ian Parker wrote:
der Hund - gender NOT das kalb

Old February 22nd 09, 09:26 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Helmut Wabnig

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 03:08:00 GMT, "hanson" wrote:

Hey, Wabie,
I just put your handle into the subject line to get your attention.
Translate, tell us where that expression "macht das Kalb mit Dir"
or "mach doch mal kein Kalb" etc, is used and how it best
translates into English. Thanks
hanson

Swiss.
Switzerland. High mountains. Deep valleys.
Loneliness. Silence. Cattle.
Winds blow.

"Er macht das Kalb"

http://www.dict.cc/deutsch-englisch/...eugen+vor.html

hanson wrote:
... ahahahaha... you are catching on, Parker... ahahaha...
The Shemale "macht das Kalb with you"... IOW s/he is
just ****ing with you. So, enjoy it and it will crank him'er.
Thanks for the laughs guys.... ahahaha... ahahahanson

"Das Mädchen" (the girl) in German a neutrum - neuter.

GOETHE knew better:

"Hab ich als Mädchen sie satt,
dient sie als Knabe mir."

Am I wised up with her (as a girl),
she serves me as a lad.

Have Phun!
w.
Old February 22nd 09, 11:42 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
jmfbahciv

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

kT wrote:

snip

Honestly, if science wasn't fun, the tedium would drive you insane ...

Got _that_ in one. And the pay usually sucks...no one does
this to get rich...but the toys can make up for a lot of tedium
and late hours...at least they have so far.

What I don't understand is why the crackpots avoid all lab work.
The reason to take science classes is to be able to play in the
labs. The lab class times were never long enough.

/BAH
Old February 22nd 09, 11:42 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

On 22 Feb, 01:21, Deirdre Sholto Douglas
wrote:

[...]

Look the idea of a manned trip to Mars with present technology is the
most crackpot idea of all. Your groung seems to have shifted. Having
discovered that NASA in in fact now (perhaps belatedly, but better
late than never) investing in new technology you are shifting your
ground.

I am not arrogant. I am prepared to listen. Problem is that so far you
have not given anyone anything worth listening to. I don't think
either that you have indended to.

You have talked about nanotechnology - probably in terms of the
Honeywell Buzzword Generator. ff you really want to discuss bio/nano
technology I, and I think other people too would be happy to hear from
you. However that contribution would have been far better made as a
response to my ORIGINAL posting on Kurzweil and NASA's buying into it.
Also the lavatory smearing with which you accompanied it is not
helpful either.

I am though impatient with people who have nothing to contribute and
spend their time smearing.

There is one other feature of the Sngularity University which I think
is important. I think the SU is an important institution even if you
do NOT believe in the Singularity or even in an accelerating future.
As I have said before, it represents a range of technologies. Nanotech
being extremely important. The SU unlike other insitutions is
completly interdisciplinary. Is nanotech biology? Is it Physics? Can
we combine nano physics with biochemistry? These questions I feel are
important.

Above all the work is going on NOW. It is not the far future. Many
applications are in fact the PRESENT. Can NASA benefit? Yes in many
ways, but only if the discoveries are used properly.

There is above all one question we should perhaps be asking ourselves.
What is your position. On the surface you are denser than asteroid
Platinum. You simplyseem to be ignoring what is going on, ignoring
references, completely misconstruing what other people say. Another
view is that you are a bit brighter (still not bright) you are trying
to sabotage the new policy. Why I don't know. Mistaken sense of
layalty for Mick Griffin. He is not worth worriying about.

- Ian Parker
Old February 22nd 09, 11:59 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
jmfbahciv

wrote:

[...]

That's really too bad. You could have had a really interesting
thread here yakking with Ms. Douglas.

/BAH
Old February 22nd 09, 01:07 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Androcles[_8_]

hanson wrote:
... ahahahaha... you are catching on, Parker... ahahaha...
The Shemale "macht das Kalb with you"... IOW s/he is
just ****ing with you. So, enjoy it and it will crank him'er.
Thanks for the laughs guys.... ahahaha... ahahahanson

"Das Mädchen" (the girl) in German a neutrum - neuter.

GOETHE knew better:

"Hab ich als Mädchen sie satt,
dient sie als Knabe mir."

Am I wised up with her (as a girl),
she serves me as a lad.

Have Phun!
w.

We do, non-engineering dorks who think they know fysics are
always a scream.

Old February 22nd 09, 02:18 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

On 22 Feb, 11:59, jmfbahciv jmfbahciv@aol wrote:

That's really too bad. *You could have had a really interesting
thread here yakking with Ms. Douglas.

I think you have to think whether or not people want a serious answer
or not. Ms Douglas clearly does not. I think it would indeed be
arrogant of me to claim that my ideas were the only ones, or the best.
I am not claiming that. What I am claiming is that people who are
clearly intent on causing mischief and doing nothing more should be
dealt with in short time.

She does not want a proper discussion, she has in fact said so. So any
nonsense about way out ideas etc. is way off beam. NO ideas, way oout
or not have actually been presented.

On the Von Neumann machine Wiki has the following

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_machine

I have (up to now) posted on the basis of classical robotics. The Bath
rapid prototyper is a classical robot. If we postulate human manual
dexterity (surely not an extreme position as it is one shared by the
majority of scientists) we can say that the concept of the classical
VN robot/swarm is essentially the same, or easier than a space colony
of any sort. Far esier in fact as less life support is required.

The non nano concepts mentioned in that reference all involve hot
chemistry. Simplest way - Archimedes and the Roman fleet - Shine the
Sun on a patch of Moon/Asteroid. Nanotechnology is interesting from a
number of points of view. A nano system for extracting minerals will
work at ambient temperature. It will work by the chemistry of surface
receptors which could be biological in origin. Ligands will have an
electrochemical potential and the whole thing will work like a living
cell. This is by far and away the best solution - if it can be made to
work. Can it? Well as I have said nanotech is currently making a huge
contribution to technology. Living cells after all do not require
1000C to work.

What really is the height of arrogance is for people to dismiss such
work without really understanding it or its objectives. As I said it
is completely unacceptable to bring it in now (with a lavatorial
comment) and not before.

One thing which impresses me about the Singularity University is that
is is completely interdisiplinary. You are scientist, you are not a
physicist or biochemist. This is also a bee I have in my bonnet. If
you take another example Machine Translation you find that Arabists
tend to be interested in the politics of the Middle East rather than
in statistical methodology. Both are needed I feel for progress to be
made.

A German Helmut Wabnig is reading this thread. I wonder what
impression he is taking away with him. To me there is but one
conclusion. Americans have a lavatorial obseesion, and the military is
out of control. Ask yourself one other question. How loyal is it to
Obama?

It could well be that this is all helping to undermine NATO. Sure as
hell it ain't bringing us a better understanding.

- Ian Parker