Valeev is by no means the worst offender

Old February 24th 09, 01:40 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
jmfbahciv

Default Americans - Insane in the Membrane

Ian Parker wrote:
On 23 Feb, 19:05, Deirdre Sholto Douglas
wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:
The fundamental issue is that Fred and Deirdre are posting in a
totally destructive way. They have nothing really to say about NASA or
the singularity university. I believe they are attempting to sabotage
the new management of NASA.

Aye, right...and when we're done with that we're
going to overthrow the government of the Soviet
Union.

Good lord, Ian, can't you even _visit_ reality?

You are a dispicable character. You are trying to take away someone
else's identity. You pretended to be a biochemist, but you arn't. I
doubt strongly whether you are even a woman.

Ah, so you do know you are completely wrong.

Questioning a female's sex is always an indication that the poster
doesn't know anything and knows he doesn't know it.

/BAH
Old February 24th 09, 02:04 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

jmfbahciv wrote:

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

My guess is that this particular think-challenged soul is the
sort who will interrupt and disrupt any discussion that takes
place without him...rather like having a toddler in the room.
While I agree in theory with your premise, I suspect that given
the living entities involved, it's impossible to pull off in prac-
tice. :-(

Oh, but that's why newsgroups work. No whinging sounds interrupt
an exchange.

Evidence would seem to suggest that most newsgroups
_don't_ work...in fact, most are so cluttered with noise
the signal is pretty much lost.

BTW, why didn't you go after the Marine Bio?

Deirdre
Old February 24th 09, 02:24 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

:
: Aye, right...and when we're done with that we're
: going to overthrow the government of the Soviet
: Union. *
:
: Good lord, Ian, can't you even _visit_ reality?
:
:You are a dispicable character. You are trying to take away someone
:else's identity. You pretended to be a biochemist, but you arn't. I
:doubt strongly whether you are even a woman. You live under a web of
:lies, deceit and pseudonyms.
:

Uh, unfortunately for you, Ian, there are people who have met her and
know who she is.

She doesn't pretend to be a biochemist. She pretends to be a
geochemical microbiologist. Do you not know what a 'biochemist' is?

If you think she's "trying to take away someone else's identity", why
don't you email that person?

You're a liar and a buffoon, Ian. I still don't believe there's a
real person involved in your postings other than intermittently. No
real human being could be as stupid as you appear to be.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 24th 09, 02:31 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

:
: wrote:
: Ian Parker wrote:
: The fundamental issue is that Fred and Deirdre are posting in a
: totally destructive way. They have nothing really to say about NASA or
: the singularity university. I believe they are attempting to sabotage
: the new management of NASA.
:
: Aye, right...and when we're done with that we're
: going to overthrow the government of the Soviet
: Union. *
:
: Good lord, Ian, can't you even _visit_ reality?
:
: You are a dispicable character. You are trying to take away someone
: else's identity.
:
:Really? Whose identity might that be?
:

I think Ian is trying to claim you're not you, presumably because
(like most professionals) you don't post through your work email
address (neither do I - I pay the freight for this myself).

: You pretended to be a biochemist, but you arn't.
:
:Actually, I don't "pretend to be a biochemist" and have never
:claimed to be one.
:

I don't think Ian knows the difference between a biochemist (who is a
chemist) and a chemical biologist (who is a biologist).

Of course, I don't believe that Ian knows the difference between ****
and Shinola, either.

: I
: doubt strongly whether you are even a woman.
:
:Hm. Well, I've no doubt that you're a child, Ian.
:

A child would be smarter than Ian shows himself to be, Deirdre.

: You live under a web of
: lies, deceit and pseudonyms.
:
:Hardly, but you're in no position to comprehend that since
:you apparently wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the
:ankle.
:

I alternate between Ian being a gibberbot and Ian being a mentally
defective Arab immigrant to London.

Perhaps he's both - a mentally deficient Arab gibberbot.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 24th 09, 02:35 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

jmfbahciv wrote:

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

I don't know if it's "more interestingly", but it's certainly
"more likely"...particularly if one is working with living
entities with their own agendas. Microbes can be such
notional wee things. :-)

I said "more interestingly" because most efforts stop and
tidy up after something works. IOW, no more work at finding
something that works. But that may not be the case in a
science lab. It certainly is the case in business.

It's infinite regression...every answer raises more questions and
every time something works, it merely becomes a new building
block in making something else work. The remarkable, wahoo-we-
did-it! success in 2001 is 2009's Student Methodology.

I can spend weeks/months up in my lab trying to convince my
critters to behave in a given manner, which means I have to
understand their natural behaviour and exploit it...in the pro-
cess of gaining that understanding I'm going to hit a lot of
roadblocks and discover a multitude of things which don't
work. But, let's say after a time I solve the problem and I
have a sample.

I trot my sample down to the beam and the measurements
invariably raise more questions: Why didn't they do insert
desired behaviour here? Why did they do insert unexpected
behaviour here? Is it an artifact? Introduced by the beam?
The atmosphere? The processing? Or is it supposed to be
there? Can I explain it as a natural attribute? Can I replicate
it?

Now, I get to do it all over again and hope the bugs behave the
same way...sometimes they don't, if they don't I have another
problem to solve (which occasionally results in new answers,
but is more likely to result in new questions). Back to the beam
and more measurements...cross fingers and hope the results
are within range of the earlier ones....if so, they still need to
be explained in terms of the system...if they're different the
discrepancy needs to be accounted for.

Even if everything works, I might still need to find a different
method if I can't explain _why_ it works. It's a bit different
than business in that regard.

Deirdre
Old February 24th 09, 02:51 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

"Fred J. McCall" wrote:

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

:Really? Whose identity might that be?

I think Ian is trying to claim you're not you, presumably because
(like most professionals) you don't post through your work email
address (neither do I - I pay the freight for this myself).

I'm not who I say I am because I'm not stealing time or re-
sources from my employer to "spar" (term used advisedly)
with him? Yeesh.

Ah, well, Fred...you have to admit, if I'm going to steal an
identity, I picked a good one...all the clothes fit me, I've the
keys to the car and front door and I even like the look of
her husband. :-)

I don't think Ian knows the difference between a biochemist (who is a
chemist) and a chemical biologist (who is a biologist).

Of course, I don't believe that Ian knows the difference between ****
and Shinola, either.

I'm certain he knows what the former is, he generates
plenty of it...as for the latter, is it still even being made?

I alternate between Ian being a gibberbot and Ian being a mentally
defective Arab immigrant to London.

Perhaps he's both - a mentally deficient Arab gibberbot.

That was very unkind, Fred...there's no reason to traduce
mentally deficient Arab gibberbots that way.

So. How long do you think we'll have to wait until he pro-
duces an abstract?

Deirdre
Old February 24th 09, 03:39 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 8:34*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
::Robert Collins wrote:

:
: Manned space missions to the planets are absolutely vital to the long-
: term success of space exploration.
:
:Perhaps, but a lot of people would settle for "unmanned
:and returning with samples" in the absence of anything
:else.
:

Perhaps, but that's not the way it typically works. *Historically,
when manned space funding goes down unmanned space funding goes down
MORE.

Some day planetary scientists who keep trying to gut manned space for
their own benefit will figure this out.

That's because NASA has turned into:

manned spaceflight = red states
unmanned spaceflight = blue states

That's not what Ike wanted when he signed the bill for the various
centers around the country.

Further, it has come to the point where the Republicans themselves
call the ISS a "white elephant" or "albatross". Well if they want
funding for their pet project, they had better find a real use for the
thing and quick.

In the days of "flags and footprints" the whole "no bucks if no Buck
Rogers" WAS the way it was. But now? Missions are based upon their own
merits. If ISS is an white elephant bound to belong to ESA, NASDA and
the Russians, and we are getting good science and possibly good
engineering benefit out of the unmanned sector, then why fund manned
to just to fund it?!

Merit is the word, Freddy.

Eric
Old February 24th 09, 03:42 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 8:15*am, Deirdre Sholto Douglas
wrote:
Robert Collins wrote:
Manned space missions to the planets are absolutely vital to the long-
term success of space exploration.

Perhaps, but a lot of people would settle for "unmanned
and returning with samples" in the absence of anything
else.

I know if I were staled to go to Mars I'd want to know that they could
bring back a sack of rocksbefore I planned to go, if you get my drift.

Eric

Old February 24th 09, 03:55 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
hanson

Default Andorkles is by all means the worst offender

Andorkles is by all means the worst offender.

------- AHAHAHAHAHA... ahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... -----

"hanson" wrote:
ahahaha... Andorkles, last year, after they revoked your Truck
drivers' license, you cried that your days of honest work were over,
& so you announced with great fan-fa "I, Androcles, am a god"...
und you then proceeded with ungodly élan to rewrite physics
that made you believe to declare, a few days ago, that you are
now "Copernicus incarnate"... ahahaha... All that was funny...

But now your mentation has taken a sharp turn downwards into
pedophilia, with you now constantly advertising big girl's blouses
loud, like a high-strung pimp in a drug infested housing project.

Andro, are your pain medications doing that to you or did you
always have such deprived latent urges?... ahahaha...

It's still funny... but you should worry about that in the best case
you have painted yourself as being a senile dirty old man with no
concept of physics... except for your perverted socio-physics...
Still, thanks for the laughs.... ahahahaha... ahahahanson

Androcles wrote:
"Andorkles", the big girl's blouse merchant and Headmaster at
Hogwarts.physics is now into dictating and correcting foreign
languages after his failed attempts to rewrite physics and so he
wrote:
::A:: Since a child may be 'das Madchen', ... big girl's blouse,
::A:: "debbie" is a black girl behaving like an "Uncle Tom".
[snipped the rest of Androcles' crap to save him embarrassment]

hanson wrote:
Andro, don't let me cramp you style, though. I still think you are
funny even with your latest fetish about "big black girl's blouses"...
AHAHAHAHA... ahahahaha... ahahahahanson

Girl Blouse peddler "Androcles" wrote:
Here's why I want your helmet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAXJWm8G4A

hanson wrote:
ahahahaha... but Andro, you are not helping your own case.
You citing cartoons, toys and interests in children stories are
classic, geriatric symptoms of encroaching senility. IOW:
you are reverting back into the mental world of toddlers!!...
Talk to all of your doctors about your urges and paradigm shift,
and tell'em that people from around the world have noticed
your drift in behavior patterns.
I wish you health & all the best, my old friend... ahahahahanson

Girl blouse peddler Androcles wrote:
I just want your helmet. The one made with the built-in telepathic
stereo, a steel matrix with certain portions of Fe, Ni, Cr, and free
neutrons floating in a metal lattice causing sodium stinking (Na scent)
HYDROGEN EMBRITTLEMENT ...
I've explained why, I want to keep Bugs Bunny alive. He dies in
that opera/ballet, ya big girl's blouse with the geriatric symptoms of
encroaching senility.

hanson wrote:
Andro, first you delivered your almost instantaneous reply
that should be cause for concern and worry to/about yourself,
because with that, your just completed knee-jerk reaction, you
did announce another geriatric symptom that's creeping up on
you. ... and now .... ahahahaha...

See, there you go again, my friend, you yearning and laying in wait
for the gift of a post from me... only to rattle about your bizarre toddler
fantasies and your techno-babble of things that you read about
somewhere but you know nothing about.... ahahaha... except you
being consumed and overwhelmed by your pedophilic notions...

And then there are other symptoms you have posted about and
wondered... Remember a few weeks back when you made a big
spiel about a dream you had in which you TASTED food....

Such hallucinatory experiences are symptoms of a TIA, Mini stroke,
perhaps a tumor or onsetting Dementia, or Alzheimer's, etc, or in
your case the result of expressions from altered tissue regions in
you brain that have undergone Schiff condensations from CH3CHO,
Acetaldehyde that was produced by you metabolizing, for too long,
excessive quantities of EtOH (Gin, Vodka or Scotch, etc, etc. and
of course, etc)... It is the misfiring of damaged neurons which give
you the impression/experience of a reality of a imaginary world.

Andro, look it up and then tell your physicians about it. Given
the entire heap of your other symptoms, Andro, do not dismiss
it as one of your many constantly reoccuring types of "Gaekum".
All the best, my friend... Still, thanks for the laughs... ahahahanson

PS:
Check Harry Conover's archive a few months back. He posted
about similar events with his aging friends who underwent similar
experiences like you do now. Read what the outcome was for his
cronies... Horrifying.