Valeev is by no means the worst offender

Old February 22nd 09, 07:40 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Androcles[_8_]

Default Helmut Wabnig is by no means the worst offender

"hanson" wrote in message

"Androcles" wrote:
"Helmut Wabnig" hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat wrote:
"hanson" wrote:

Hey, Wabie,
I just put your handle into the subject line to get your attention.
Translate, tell us where that expression "macht das Kalb mit Dir"
or "mach doch mal kein Kalb" etc, is used and how it best
translates into English. Thanks
hanson

Wabie wrote:
Swiss. Switzerland. High mountains. Deep valleys.
Loneliness. Silence. Cattle. Winds blow.
"Er macht das Kalb"

http://www.dict.cc/deutsch-englisch/...eugen+vor.html

hanson wrote:
... ahahahaha... you are catching on, Parker... ahahaha...
The Shemale "macht das Kalb with you"... IOW s/he is
just ****ing with you. So, enjoy it and it will crank him'er.
Thanks for the laughs guys.... ahahaha... ahahahanson

Wabie wrote:
"Das Mädchen" (the girl) in German a neutrum - neuter.
GOETHE knew better:
"Hab ich als Mädchen sie satt,
dient sie als Knabe mir."
Am I wised up with her (as a girl),
she serves me as a lad.
Have Phun!
w.

"Androcles" wrote:
We do, non-engineering dorks who think they know fysics are always a
scream.

hanson wrote:
... ahahahahaha... But Andro, this post was about IAN Parker,
not you, JOHN Parker.

I can read and I do, chacha, I'm smarter than you. No need to elaborate
on your present faux pas. "Non-engineering dorks who think they know fysics
are always a scream" refers to non-engineers, oddly enough. Know any?

Have a good laugh at yourself, big girl's blouse, you are by no means
the worst offender.

Old February 23rd 09, 08:55 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
hanson

---------- hahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... ----------

"Androcles" wrote:
I'm smarter than you. Have a ... big girl's blouse...

hanson wrote:
... so says *** Blouse Merchant Andorkles ***... ahahaha

My distinkt & distraught English friend & self-proclaimed
Copernicus wanna-be, who is also the self-appointed
Headmaster at the esteemed venereal mental institution
for Hogwarts Physics, where he doubles as the Truck
Driver (His license got revoked in 2008 for him tanking
himself up too much and daily so).. has now switched
gear and career and has become a high-strung peddler
on the local cyber flea market where he makes a loud
song and dance and desperatley tries to sell me his big
blouse (for reasons unknown)... ahahahaha... after he,
Andro, cussed & cursed & drove off all his potential
customers whom he tried to beguile with his Copernican
Hogwarts physics... ahahahaha....

Andro must have learned that from his idol Albert Einstein
without whom Andorkles would have no case at all... just
like the Pope would have no case without the Devil... or the
Islamists would have no case without the Jews... ahaha....

Now Andro, listen, why is it that you follow me around?
Of course you are free and welcome to do so.... ahaha...
But am I really your last desperate hope? ... AHAHAHA...

If so, try to say something sober and intelligent for a
change so that some other potential customers may
take at least some passing interest in your Copernican
Hogwarts Physics Renaissance, such that you need not
to fear that all your self-assumed wisdom will go to the
grave with you... and be lost forever.

Remember Bucky Fuller: "a new idea surfaces only
once from the depths of the subconscious... etc etc....

Heed Buckie's advice. Change your ways, Andro...
Do it quick because by 2012 the Google archives will
only be accessible with a fee and if pay-demand is too
low and too little.. your archive will be erased... ahahaha....

I tried to help you but you were too slow on the up-take
because you were tanked up already.... Mais c'est la vie.

In any event thank you for the laughs...You are always
good for a chuckle, old mate... ahahahahaahahanson

----------- IMPORTANT --------------

Everybody give a hand, some applause, to Andro.
He yearns for it... He is needy... Be kind to Andro....
....ahahaha

Old February 23rd 09, 10:05 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Androcles[_8_]

"hanson" wrote in message
---------- hahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... ----------

Old February 23rd 09, 01:00 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
jmfbahciv

Default Americans - Insane in the Membrane

Ian Parker wrote:
On 22 Feb, 11:59, jmfbahciv jmfbahciv@aol wrote:

That's really too bad. You could have had a really interesting
thread here yakking with Ms. Douglas.

I think you have to think whether or not people want a serious answer
or not. Ms Douglas clearly does not. I think it would indeed be
arrogant of me to claim that my ideas were the only ones, or the best.
I am not claiming that. What I am claiming is that people who are
clearly intent on causing mischief and doing nothing more should be
dealt with in short time.

She does not want a proper discussion, she has in fact said so. So any
nonsense about way out ideas etc. is way off beam. NO ideas, way oout
or not have actually been presented.

snip

Of course she would like a proper discussion. She's curious. However,
it is impossible to have one with you. The fact that she figured this
out in two posts or less indicates that she has an ability to think
well. You, apprently, don't have that ability and don't want to have
that ability.

/BAH
Old February 23rd 09, 01:03 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
jmfbahciv

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

jmfbahciv wrote:

That's really too bad. You could have had a really interesting
thread here yakking with Ms. Douglas.

I don't think that was ever an option with Ian...he
makes outrageous statements...a veritable tsunami
of prose...but when it's pointed out to him that said
statements are flawed, instead of defending or sup-
porting his claims scientifically, he takes off on an
obfuscating tangent and/or attacks the person
challenging him.

IMHO, the only thing interesting here is his conceit
of himself.

Some inane posts produce interesting discussions because other
readers get curious and start posting, leaving the ahem
think-challenged behind.

/BAH
Old February 23rd 09, 01:06 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
jmfbahciv

jmfbahciv wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
kT wrote:

snip

Honestly, if science wasn't fun, the tedium would drive you insane ...
Got _that_ in one. And the pay usually sucks...no one does
this to get rich...but the toys can make up for a lot of tedium
and late hours...at least they have so far.

What I don't understand is why the crackpots avoid all lab work.
The reason to take science classes is to be able to play in the
labs. The lab class times were never long enough.

Their loss, our gain. :-)

I suspect it might have something to do with ego...the few
I've run across aren't (and haven't) actually worked in science
and so they seem to think there's something demeaning about
doing benchwork...especially ghasp! in a wet lab. In their
minds, the hands-on stuff is done to order (their order) by a
technician while they sit at a deck and think Big Ideas.

But that is no fun at all. Testing your ideas and seeing if they
work, or more interestingly not work, is part of the fun.

I don't know about you, but I didn't go into this field to sit
behind a desk or rot in meetings (which is not to say I don't
have to do both on occasion)...I chose this path so I could
get paid for satisfying my own curiosity while playing with
some of the most expensive toys in town. So far, that plan
has panned out nicely. :-)

Very nice :-). I was going to grow up to be a marine biologist
but got side-traced and stumbled into the computer biz. In order
to get things fixed "right", I went to work for a computer
manufacturer. Every machine room was a lab.

/BAH
Old February 23rd 09, 01:29 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

jmfbahciv wrote:

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

I suspect it might have something to do with ego...the few
I've run across aren't (and haven't) actually worked in science
and so they seem to think there's something demeaning about
doing benchwork...especially ghasp! in a wet lab. In their
minds, the hands-on stuff is done to order (their order) by a
technician while they sit at a deck and think Big Ideas.

But that is no fun at all. Testing your ideas and seeing if they
work, or more interestingly not work, is part of the fun.

I don't know if it's "more interestingly", but it's certainly
"more likely"...particularly if one is working with living
entities with their own agendas. Microbes can be such
notional wee things. :-)

Deirdre
Old February 23rd 09, 01:41 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

jmfbahciv wrote:

That's really too bad. You could have had a really interesting
thread here yakking with Ms. Douglas.

I don't think that was ever an option with Ian...he
makes outrageous statements...a veritable tsunami
of prose...but when it's pointed out to him that said
statements are flawed, instead of defending or sup-
porting his claims scientifically, he takes off on an
obfuscating tangent and/or attacks the person
challenging him.

IMHO, the only thing interesting here is his conceit
of himself.

Some inane posts produce interesting discussions because other
readers get curious and start posting, leaving the ahem
think-challenged behind.

My guess is that this particular think-challenged soul is the
sort who will interrupt and disrupt any discussion that takes
place without him...rather like having a toddler in the room.
While I agree in theory with your premise, I suspect that given
the living entities involved, it's impossible to pull off in prac-
tice. :-(

Deirdre
Old February 23rd 09, 01:42 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

jmfbahciv wrote:

That's really too bad. *You could have had a really interesting
thread here yakking with Ms. Douglas.

I don't think that was ever an option with Ian...he
makes outrageous statements...a veritable tsunami
of prose...but when it's pointed out to him that said
statements are flawed, instead of defending or sup-
porting his claims scientifically, he takes off on an
obfuscating tangent and/or attacks the person
challenging him.

IMHO, the only thing interesting here is his conceit
of himself.

Some inane posts produce interesting discussions because other
readers get curious and start posting, leaving the ahem
think-challenged behind.

The real interest in this, I mean to sensible poaters not the "beni Al-
kalb", is in terms of the Singularity University. What it is doing,
why NASA is involved, why Google is involved. Can the SU advance
technology?

The SU is offerering short graduate courses. No doubt these are going
to be open for NASA/Google employees. I have one coment that anyone
reading this thread will have.

If I work for Google what I will learn at the SU will be respected and
put into practice in some way or other. No real doubt about that. I
though I work for NASA will a layer or "bin(t) Al-kalb" moronity make
it a black mark against me? This to me is a real question. Another
real question in the wider political arena is the loyalty that Obama
can command in the military. You see I don't think all this fact is
directed exclusively to me.

Obama has produced a "stimulus package" and has talked at the same
time about narrowing the budget deficit (about 10% of GDP currently)

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/92d8a656-d...nclick_check=1
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1629344.html

Where is the money coming from? Taxes on wealthy, closing of hedge
fund loopholes etc. etc. No my friend there is only one large untapped
source and that is MILITARY SPENDING. He has not spelled it out in as
many words, but that is as inevitable as night follows day.

Will the SU produce really useful results? I am sure it will in a
number of areas. NASA must have a "schwerpunkt" a point of reference,
a main program. I think the "schwerpunkt" should perhaps be the mining
of asteroids. Platinum is BTW "schwer" with a density of 21.46. Google
by contrast has as its main interest in the application of AI for
searching. Recently one of the Google team has married someone who
owns a biotech company. Thus although the Google interest is in
searching they now have a much wider interest of DNA, DNA therapies
etc.

I think it is important for us to take a look at where everyone is
coming from. We can see the Google motive, the motive of the new NASA
management. What I can't see is where the military are coming from.
The only thing I can think of is that the gravy train both for the
military and for manned spaceflight is about to dry up.

I will repeat. A manned trip to Mars WITH PRESENT DAY TECHNOLOGY is
the craziest scheme out.

- Ian Parker
Old February 23rd 09, 01:49 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Ian Parker wrote:

I think it is important for us to take a look at where everyone is
coming from.

Ian, most people _know_ where you're coming from...and,
being sensible sorts, they don't wish to go there.

Deirdre