OT-Russia Navy does it again.

Old November 9th 08, 01:07 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default OT-Russia Navy does it again.

When the reactor accidents, exploding torpedoes, and leaking SLBMs
aren't killing sailors, the submarine's fire extinguishing system is:
I wonder if it flooded some compartments with CO2 while crew were in them.
Nerpa was scheduled to be delivered to India as INS Chakra:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akula_class_submarine
That would be a mighty capable submarine for a country like India to
have in its arsenal.

Pat
Old November 9th 08, 05:18 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
BradGuth

And our DoD/Navy never makes a lethal mistake or creates a friendly-
fire fiasco oops!

Are you the official all-American bigot from hell? (apparently so)

~ BG

Old November 9th 08, 09:59 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

I wonder if it flooded some compartments with CO2 while crew were in
them.

Not CO2, Freon 112:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3939263.story

Pat
Old November 11th 08, 01:45 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
jonathan[_3_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
When the reactor accidents, exploding torpedoes, and leaking SLBMs aren't
killing sailors, the submarine's fire extinguishing system is:
I wonder if it flooded some compartments with CO2 while crew were in them.
Nerpa was scheduled to be delivered to India as INS Chakra:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akula_class_submarine
That would be a mighty capable submarine for a country like India to have in
its arsenal.

Apparantly this was a brand new Akula
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20081027/117976941.html

And most of the dead were the guest workers.
http://informationdissemination.blog...-accident.html

Pat