Valeev is by no means the worst offender

Old February 15th 09, 09:57 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

Default Valeev is by no means the worst offender

Pencho Valeev is an extremely persistent poster. He is by no means the
worst offender however. Whatever one may think of his repeated
postings on Relativity one fact remains. Pencho never criticises
people personally. Never uses psychological mumbo jumbo. I think he
genuinely does not believe in Relativity.

Let us take this thread. Quite honestly I could not believe what I was
reading. Deirdre Sholto Douglas, or whatever she calls herself (I call
her Bint Al-kalb) admits herself that she is not interested in
substantive issues.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci...2aaf1d3?hl=en#

Quite frankly I find this absolutely incredible. To some extent
Valeev's postings are a challenge to us. I remember that when we did
the Theory of Relativity all thise years ago we were introduced to all
the various paradoxes. The clock paradox, what happens if a rod 1m
long travels at (say) c/2 over a hole of length one meter. When we
start to think about things we arrive at a number of conclusions. The
light inextensible string that we used to use for our mechanics
problems is a complete fiction. The rod indeed contracts and is seen
by a stationary observer to be shorter than the hole, which appears
larger to an observer on the rod. This is so because information
cannot travel faster than c along the rod. In fact information travels
in the real world at the speed of sound which is usually a great deal
slower still. The rod can never fall though the hole.

The fact though that we have to think about things is a good thing.
One cannot truly understand Relativity unless one has had to think
about paradoxes. However the postings of Fred McCall and Deirdre
double barrelled are not of this type. They are purely destructive and
nothing else. There are in fact references to all the other threads in
the reference above.

It all started when I responded to a thread in sci.space.policy on the
future of human spaceflight. I spoke about the singularity institute
and the need to look at what people like Kurtzweil were saying even if
you did not agree with them. Fred McCall told me to stop having
delusions and to take my meds. All I was doing was simply getting
relevant references, something every academic must do.

There is a twist to this. The Singularity University has now been set
up with Kurtzweil as its chancellor. Google and NASA are both heavily
involved. I pointed this out. Fred and Deirdre went absolutely mad.
They never thought of apologising. These two individuals are absolute
poison. Far, far worse than Valeev. Valeev I think believes in what he
says. They by their own admission do not. I must confess, and I
apologise for this, that some of my postings to sci.space.policy have
been very negative. I realized then and realize now that we cannot
have manned spaceflight beyond LEO without radically new technology.
If new technology was "looney" then manned spaceflight was an
impossibility. NASA has in fact confirmed absolutely all I have ever
felt on this subject.

I don't know whether Fred and Deirdre have known this all along. My
suspicion is that they have. Fred was I believe rejected by NASA as an
astronaut. He may consciously or unconsciously not wish anyone else to
fly in space.

I think this does have an effect on readership. What are students to
make of the space community. People are asking for renoval after 6
days because they fear flamers. Something clearly has to be done.

I will finish off by looking at the thread and trying to summarize the
substantive issues. I feel strongly that Fred and his bint are
preventing substantive discussion. Certainly in sci.space.policy they
discouraged any sort of speculative thinking. In these usergroups we
want a few unsound theories that are only just unsound. We don't want
a repeated clamour of lunacy. Alan Boss of the Carnegie institute has
told the AAAS that there are 100 billion Earths all of which are
supporting life in various stages of development (mostly primitive).
The RNA world hypothesis tells us that if we have RNA Evolution by
Natural Selection and therefore life can take place.

There are no UFOs of extraterrestrial origin. The reasons for this are
rather obvious. ET will not be going around in large flying saucers,
but an extraterrestrial spacecraft will be nano and no bigger than a
large insect.

I have said consistently, and I will repeat it here that the search
for extraterrestrial life will depend on general observational
techniques. These general techniques have other calls. Dark matter,
the formation of galaxies etc. etc. A telescope cannot be earmarked
for any one use.

If anyone wishes to dispute the substantive issues, please feel free
to do so.

One very last thing. How good is the psychology of our "beni Al-kalb".
Neither of them appear to have any qualifications in the subject at
all. In fact I am probably better qualified that either of them. If
people are suffering from delusions (I mean GENUINE delusions)
medication has to be approached with considerable care. It should only
be prescribed after ery exhaustive tests. I am probable better
qualified than either of them as I have a strong interest in AI and it
comes into that.

- Ian Parker
Old February 16th 09, 01:49 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Ian Parker" wrote in message
Pencho Valeev is an extremely persistent poster. He is by no means the
worst offender however. Whatever one may think of his repeated
postings on Relativity one fact remains. Pencho never criticises
people personally. Never uses psychological mumbo jumbo. I think he
genuinely does not believe in Relativity.

Who? And what's this got to do with sci.space.policy?

Old February 16th 09, 01:58 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Darwin123

On Feb 15, 3:57*pm, Ian Parker wrote:
Pencho Valeev is an extremely persistent poster. He is by no means the
worst offender however. Whatever one may think of his repeated
postings on Relativity one fact remains. Pencho never criticises
people personally.

He always criticizes people personally. He calls people brown
nosers, and Einstein worshippers, and con artists, and frauds, and...

Never uses psychological mumbo jumbo. I think he
genuinely does not believe in Relativity.

You think?
In any case, he has spent more time calling Einstein an idiot than
he has analyzing electrodynamical problems :-)

Old February 16th 09, 04:07 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

It looks like UK Astronomy died. It is the only way Anne's Clar Der
Kommissars disappear from their pervased syndromes in these groups.
There is a world war III going on here and people give it everything
they got and die off with a frozen face and drop on the floor, shaking
for a few minutes. The brain gives up. People die, man. They don't eat
or do anything. Eye for eye is running his programming. Us and them
environment. I consider myself a severe cyber-terrorism victim online.
Old February 16th 09, 04:10 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

It looks like UK Astronomy died. It is the only way Anne's Clar Der
Kommissars disappear from their pervased syndromes in these groups.
There is a world war III going on here and people give it everything
they got and die off with a frozen face and drop on the floor, shaking
for a few minutes. The brain gives up. People die, man. They don't eat
or do anything. Eye for eye is running his programming. Us and them
environment. I consider myself a severe cyber-terrorism victim online.

As you say, Pencho doesn't have any of the eye for eye that runs
online,
that cyber-stalking, that hate fascism.
Old February 16th 09, 04:15 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

It looks like UK Astronomy died. It is the only way Anne's Clar Der
Kommissars disappear from their pervased syndromes in these groups.
There is a world war III going on here and people give it everything
they got and die off with a frozen face and drop on the floor, shaking
for a few minutes. The brain gives up. People die, man. They don't eat
or do anything. Eye for eye is running his programming. Us and them
environment. I consider myself a severe cyber-terrorism victim online.

As you say, Pencho doesn't have any of the eye for eye that runs
online,
that cyber-stalking, that hate fascism.

I guess we all got hipnotized, and felt need to talk about them, I
think
what happened is that 'UK Astronomy' died, we all sensed it, but I
think
we are becoming a psychic cult online, the atmosphere of the 19th
Century
ghosts are daunting. His spirit is here, not elsewhere.
Old February 16th 09, 04:18 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 8:15*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Your words are responding to his final wishes to make justice. We all
make justice today.

Old February 16th 09, 04:26 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 8:18*pm, " wrote:

[...]

"Der ghost of UK Astronomy, you don't have to stay here forever, you
can move on. You have heard what people have to say."
Old February 16th 09, 05:04 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
gabydewilde

On Feb 16, 4:07*am, " wrote:
It looks like UK Astronomy died. It is the only way Anne's Clar Der
Kommissars disappear from their pervased syndromes in these groups.
There is a world war III going on here and people give it everything
they got and die off with a frozen face and drop on the floor, shaking
for a few minutes. The brain gives up. People die, man. They don't eat
or do anything. Eye for eye is running his programming. Us and them
environment. I consider myself a severe cyber-terrorism victim online.

Interesting post, I read a lot of postings from dead people who spend
their last posts writing about exotic technology while attacked by the
septic poop smear brigade.

Then when the last sparkle of inspiration is successfully killed of
the body is discarded as an empty shell. Aristotle, accused of
impiety, while departing for exile he uttered the words:

"I do not wish that Athens should sin twice against philosophy."

If only life in the globalistic economy was that easy; I use to just
bury the NSA/CIA agents in my garden but I'm running out of space.

Elizabeth Gilbert does a great talk on Murdering creativity.

"A different way to think about creative genius"
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/e...on_genius.html

All you have to do is click on the link and the video will start
playing all by it self. It's not a lot of work at all, It's not like
I'm asking you to do serious work here. You know what I'm talking
about, you know who you are! *points at monitor*

______
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress
Old February 16th 09, 05:12 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

"A different way to think about creative genius"http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

All you have to do is click on the link and the video will start
playing all by it self. It's not a lot of work at all, It's not like
I'm asking you to do serious work here. You know what I'm talking
about, you know who you are! *points at monitor*

______http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress

The war is going with a frozen face in front of the monitor, until one
dies. They drop on the ground and shake for a few minutes. Their
brain collapses. They take their work and enemies seriously.
They are enemies. Not even in highschool or anywhere I remember
having enemies.