Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old May 27th 16, 10:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 3:35:04 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 1:54:23 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A cool 59F and cloudy as of 1:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Calm.

Stopped at the bank yesterday to get cash before my lunch with Kim. At the ATM I found out the bank had deactivated my debit card only two weeks after I received it! Another screw up by the bank. They gave me my money, but I have to wait maybe two more weeks to get another card!

My friend Janet called this morning and is ready to get trucking, moving my boxes from my storage locker to my apartment. I will be shortly going back over to the U-Haul place and see if I can get a truck for sometime this weekend.
Banks do not need to loan money need customers.Bank America proves this..

They have one teller Double-A

Bank tellers are the early victims of automation. Everybody is doing their banking online nowadays, or else at an ATM. If you need a loan, you can go online to a site like Quicken Loans. I see that frozen yogurt robots are now being sold. McDonalds, faced with protesters at their annual meeting demanding $15 an hour, have already developed kiosks for robotically taking orders. Soon they will have robots what can flip the burgers! Or they can just have them automatically heated up in a microwave, like the Colonel is doing now! Yet strangely the job market in this area seems to have improved right now.

Another 59F day here in Gresham as of 2:15 PM PDT. Occasional showers.

Got a truck reserved at U-Haul for this Sunday morning at 9:00 AM. Janet has promised to show up a my driver. Getting my boxes moved will take a load off mu mind, and off my budget! Maybe I can finally start saving money.

That new credit card came in handy, especially while my debit card is inactivated due to the bank's screw up!

Double-A

Old May 28th 16, 09:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 66F as of 1:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. Calm. Weather is shaping up for my big move tomorrow. Janet will be showing up at 9 AM to pick up the U-Haul truck to get the stuff out of my storage locker.

Bought some lettuce at the farmer's market across the street from the library.

Double-A

Old May 31st 16, 09:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A sunny clear skied 81F as of 1:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. Headed for 84F. Has been cooler of late until yesterday when it started warming up.

I got my big move done on Sunday! Brought all my stuff from my locker in Beaverton over to my apartment here in Gresham. Rented a truck from H-Haul here in Gresham. Janet was a great help to me in making the move. She drove the truck, and was a very good worker, helping me get all the boxes out of my locker and loaded onto the truck. Janet, my high school classmate, owns apartments in Portland, and in other parts of the country. She is currently working on fixing up a property in Las Vegas.

After we got back to my apartment, Mike, our last class president, joined us and helped us unload. He is well muscled up from his long years with the Portland Fire Bureau, and had no trouble lifting heavy boxes, and worked very fast. I much appreciated his help.

Now I am finally free from the locker monthly fee which has been increasing every year, and has been draining my bank account.

We talked of our upcoming 50 year class reunion next year. Mike has usually headed up those efforts. Mike said he would put me in charge of the upcoming reunion! I only promised that I would help.

In Portland they have discovered that they have been giving the kids leaded water in their drinking fountains all these years! All the while they have been blaming the teachers, but I guess now they know the real reason why Johnny can't read!

Double-A

Old May 31st 16, 10:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

****
I suspect both Hagar and Saul have had pretty high levels of led in their
drinking water for many years now.

Old June 1st 16, 01:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Notroll2016" wrote in message ...

snip

Double-A
****
I suspect both Hagar and Saul have had pretty high levels of led in their
drinking water for many years now.

*** Above is a fine example of a third grader attempting to spell the
word "LEAD". What else does one expect from from the dude who
is the embodiment of the failure that was "No Child left Behind" ... "
Old June 2nd 16, 10:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Light rain this morning. Now overcast, calm, and 65F as of 1:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Expecting warmer tomorrow, and then three digit temperatures for the weekend as global warming really starts kicking in!

Lunch with Kim yesterday at the Buffet. She is beginning to plot how we could open a Korean restaurant!

I got the TV I brought home from the locker all hooked up to the converter box. The picture is clearer and brighter than the one I was using before! Now I can watch my favorite shows: Law and Order, Blue Bloods, maybe even the The X-Files!

The Portland school kids can't get a break! First lead was found in their drinking fountain, and mow radon gas has been found in 6 Portland Schools! Makes me thankful I don't have kids!

Double-A

Old June 3rd 16, 07:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and calm here in Gresham. Currently 76F as of 11:45 AM PDT. Probably up to 88F later on. 100F tomorrow!

Summer may not yet be officially here, but it is here here!

Double-A

Old June 3rd 16, 08:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

Sunny and calm here in Gresham. Currently 76F as of 11:45 AM PDT. Probably
up to 88F later on. 100F tomorrow!

Summer may not yet be officially here, but it is here here!

Double-A

****
It's 99F at Hagar's trailer park - headed for 105F. They'll be lots of
swimming in the sewage lagoon today.

Old June 3rd 16, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 12:56:32 PM UTC-7, Notroll2016 wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

Sunny and calm here in Gresham. Currently 76F as of 11:45 AM PDT. Probably
up to 88F later on. 100F tomorrow!

Summer may not yet be officially here, but it is here here!

Double-A

****
It's 99F at Hagar's trailer park - headed for 105F. They'll be lots of
swimming in the sewage lagoon today.

Will Hagar be wearing his speedo?

Double-A

Old June 3rd 16, 09:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

Sunny and calm here in Gresham. Currently 76F as of 11:45 AM PDT.
Probably
up to 88F later on. 100F tomorrow!

Summer may not yet be officially here, but it is here here!

Double-A

****
It's 99F at Hagar's trailer park - headed for 105F. They'll be lots of
swimming in the sewage lagoon today.

Will Hagar be wearing his speedo?

Double-A

Yes, I'm afraid so.
http://webpages.charter.net/notroll2015/

Notroll2016

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM