Hokule'a, The Hawaiian Canoe Traveling The World By A Map Of The Stars

Old June 2nd 16, 11:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Hokule'a, The Hawaiian Canoe Traveling The World By A Map Of The Stars

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 2:03:31 AM UTC-4, critter wrote:
On Tuesday, 31 May 2016 14:36:20 UTC+2, wsne... wrote:

As another poster might say, "It's his CHOSEN lifestyle. Conservation is for the lower classes."

Those who live within the bubble of fame eventually come to believe their own
hype. History recalls that few survive their fame completely unscathed. The
ever longer gaps between believing the hype are usually filled with some form
of self-harm.

peterson was harmed by a 60mm refractor when he was a kid.

True hell on earth is owning everything one can possibly imagine.

I can imagine quite a few things that I would not want to own.

Respect

Check.

and self respect

Check.

Midas touch.

Check.

Old June 2nd 16, 01:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 12:43:21 UTC+2, wrote:

peterson was harmed by a 60mm refractor when he was a kid.

True hell on earth is owning everything one can possibly imagine.

I can imagine quite a few things that I would not want to own.

Respect

Check.

and self respect

Check.

Midas touch.

Check.

A toy, stuffed dog even with a pretend gold collar can't show true respect. Nor does it prove the existence of your [claimed] Midas touch! And, false pride is not remotely the same thing as self respect. However painful, your problems are not worse than all of ours put together.

I was once harmed by a heavy, 12" reflector in my youth. Does that count? Or is it just another case of A&E aperture fever?