Show some netiquette

Old August 28th 05, 07:08 AM
Saul Levy

Default Show some netiquette

Ah, I see that you truly understand this newsgroup!

Saul Levy

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:17:27 -0700, Jim Moe
wrote:

This note was prompted by the "Acrobat version 5" flame war.
One of the primary aspects of netiquette is:
---- [TRIM OUT THE EXCESS TEXT WHEN YOU ARE REPLYING ]----
Some of you twits left in *190* Lines of drivel to post a 3 line reply.
Such mindless excess is inexcusably stupid.

Old August 29th 05, 11:16 PM
Rising Loonie

Bookman writes:

Jim Moe writes:

This note was prompted by the "Acrobat version 5" flame war.
One of the primary aspects of netiquette is:
---- [TRIM OUT THE EXCESS TEXT WHEN YOU ARE REPLYING ]----
Some of you twits left in *190* Lines of drivel to post a 3 line reply.
Such mindless excess is inexcusably stupid.

You're erroneously presupposing that the likes of Art Deco,
Michael Baldwin Bruce, Bookman, Phoenix, and ah are interested
in netiquette in the first place. Why do you think they took
a thread that was restricted to comp.os.os2.apps and added a
bunch of irrelevant newsgroups to the distribution?

You're erroneously presupposing that I "added a bunch of irrelevant
newsgroups to the distribution", Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

Still having an identity crisis, Classic Tholenator(tm)?

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim,

Still suffering from reading comprehension problems, Bookman?

Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim,

It's a question, Bookman, not a claim. Still suffering from reading
comprehension problems, Bookman? I see that you didn't answer the
question either. No surprise there, really.

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

I made no claim.

Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim,

On your part, Bookman.

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

Rather, I asked two questions, neither of which
you answered. No surprise there, really.

Just following your example,

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

It's a practice
you have demonstrated for quite a while, now, a fact which the google
archives substantiate.

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim,

They're questions, Bookman, not a claim. Still suffering from reading
comprehension problems, Bookman? I see that you didn't answer the
questions either. No surprise there, really.

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

Get back to
us[tinu] when you can read for comprehension.

Practice what you preach, Bookman. You obviously aren't reading
the attribution line for comprehension.

Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim,

On your part, Bookman.

No, only on your part,

Classic Tholenator(tm),

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

despite your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

Classic erroneous presupposition.

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim,

They're questions, Bookman, not a claim. Still suffering from reading
comprehension problems, Bookman? I see that you didn't answer the
questions either. No surprise there, really.

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

ESL!

Non sequitur.

Inaccurate use of "non sequitur".

Classic misuse of "Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim".

Another unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

Another unsubstantiated and erroneous claim by you,

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

(Insert inaccurate use of "non sequitur" here)

Why should I use anything inaccurately, Bookman?

I don't know why you used "non sequitur" inaccurately,

Classic erroneous presupposition.

Classic misuse of "Classic erroneous presupposition".

[...]

but I successfully predicted that you would.

Classic erroneous presupposition.

Classic misuse of "Classic erroneous presupposition".

Another unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

Another unsubstantiated and erroneous claim by you,

Classic Tholenator(tm).

Who is "Classic Tholenator(tm)", Bookman? Still suffering from
attribution problems?

ESL!

Non sequitur.

Classic abuse of the term "Non sequitur".

[...]

but I successfully predicted that you would. Again.

[...]

I think that Prof. Tholen is being harassed and razzed w/o restraint or
regard.
I think that this sincerely angers Prof. Tholen. He has stated, as
much, explicitly, on several occasions.

It seems as if he is mocked by many in the Usenet community because of
his annoyance with being harassed w/o restraint and his conviction to
stand up to and refute it.

RL

Old August 29th 05, 11:26 PM

Rising Loonie writes:

Bookman writes:

Jim Moe writes:

[...]

What you think is irrelevant, Loonie.

It seems as if he is mocked by many in the Usenet community because of
his annoyance with being harassed w/o restraint and his conviction to
stand up to and refute it.

What seems to you is also irrelevant, Loonie.

Old August 29th 05, 11:51 PM
Double-A

Rising Loonie writes:

Bookman writes:

Jim Moe writes:

[...]

RL, we know there is a Professor Tholen.

The question is, is there also a Tholen bot!

Double-A

Old August 30th 05, 12:16 AM

Double-A writes:

Rising Loonie writes:

Bookman writes:

Jim Moe writes:

[...]

What does that have to do with OS/2, Double-A?

The question is, is there also a Tholen bot!

What does your question have to do with OS/2, Double-A?

Old August 30th 05, 01:09 AM
Rising Loonie

Rising Loonie writes:

Bookman writes:

Jim Moe writes:

[...]

Absolutely so ...
It's the human condition.

It indicates ineffectualness, ignorance and lack of awareness.

... What a shame.

How astute of you.

Old August 30th 05, 12:59 PM

Rising Loonie writes:

Bookman writes:

Jim Moe writes:

[...]

Note: no response.

It seems as if he is mocked by many in the Usenet community because of
his annoyance with being harassed w/o restraint and his conviction to
stand up to and refute it.

What seems to you is also irrelevant, Loonie.

Absolutely so ...
It's the human condition.

It indicates ineffectualness, ignorance and lack of awareness.

... What a shame.

How astute of you.

What does that have to do with OS/2, Loonie?

Old August 30th 05, 01:00 PM

Rising Loonie writes:

Double-A wrote:

Rising Loonie writes:

Bookman writes:

Jim Moe writes:

[snip]

Why should I use anything inaccurately, Bookman?

I think that Prof. Tholen is being harassed and razzed w/o restraint or
regard.
I think that this sincerely angers Prof. Tholen. He has stated, as
much, explicitly, on several occasions.

What you think is irrelevant, Loonie.

It seems as if he is mocked by many in the Usenet community because of
his annoyance with being harassed w/o restraint and his conviction to
stand up to and refute it.

What seems to you is also irrelevant, Loonie.

RL, we know there is a Professor Tholen.

The question is, is there also a Tholen bot!

No, no, no, Double-A,

This response was by Prof. Tholen, noted observer and register.

It reveals a keen eye for discernment and distinction.

... An astronomer's touch is employed.

"tholenize" might be the appropriate wording

Or it might not, Loonie. Now, what does any of that have to do with
OS/2, Loonie?