NK booster/missile design

Old April 3rd 09, 05:54 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default NK booster/missile design

Appears to have new and larger diameter multi-engine second stage:
http://www.armscontrolwonk.com/2233/...ween-the-blurs
Scuttlebutt say she lifts off on Saturday:
http://www.armscontrolwonk.com/2240/...gs-to-look-for
The world waits, watches, and wonders.
What shall happen next?
Who can say?
Who can know?

.....The Shadow knows...HA-HA-HA! :-D

Pat
Old April 3rd 09, 02:16 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
....The Shadow knows...HA-HA-HA! :-D

That is one of the most under-rated movies of all time - a brilliant movie
with fantastic special effects and beautiful to look at too.

I think the KPR-1 (Kim's Pocket Rocket) is simply a scud-relative.

Old April 3rd 09, 08:32 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

....The Shadow knows...HA-HA-HA! :-D

That is one of the most under-rated movies of all time - a brilliant movie
with fantastic special effects and beautiful to look at too.

Wasn't that souped-up Cord taxicab cool?
I also liked sending messages around via the pneumatic pipes.
Yeah, that was a very neat movie indeed.
The Rocketeer was another period movie that was under-rated.

I think the KPR-1 (Kim's Pocket Rocket) is simply a scud-relative.

It's supposed to use clustered Scud engines as well as one from a SA-2
Guideline SAM in the upper stage.

Pat
Old April 4th 09, 01:39 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

It's supposed to use clustered Scud engines as well as one from a SA-2
Guideline SAM in the upper stage.

Well.... if it works.....

Australia spends over $100 million per year on Antarctic programs; with that
much, we would have a satellite in three years (about 30kg - launched by the
Ausroc IV which has already been designed by a group of 'amatures' from ASRI
[Australian Space Research Institute]). In ten years, we would have a 2
tonne LEO launcher - probes to the Moon; Mars; Venus and asteroid belts....

$100 million spent here would boost the economy several times over; with
increases in the aerospace and electronics industries in particular, as well
as the education system. Not to mention the international prestige it would
bring to an already well-respected nation.

Old April 4th 09, 02:03 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Well.... if it works.....

Australia spends over $100 million per year on Antarctic programs;

Cut to image of kangaroos jumping across the ice.... :-)

My waggish comment was to ask if Australian rockets always just go up
a ways and come right back where they started like a boomerang

rick jones
where do you want to be today?

Old April 4th 09, 04:31 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

"Alan Erskine" wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
hdakotatelephone...

It's supposed to use clustered Scud engines as well as one from a SA-2
Guideline SAM in the upper stage.

Well.... if it works.....

Australia spends over $100 million per year on Antarctic programs; with that
much, we would have a satellite in three years (about 30kg - launched by the
Ausroc IV which has already been designed by a group of 'amatures' from ASRI
[Australian Space Research Institute]). In ten years, we would have a 2
tonne LEO launcher - probes to the Moon; Mars; Venus and asteroid belts....

$100 million spent here would boost the economy several times over; with
increases in the aerospace and electronics industries in particular, as well
as the education system. Not to mention the international prestige it would
bring to an already well-respected nation.

Well, unless Australia is very unusual, the vast majority of the $100
million spent on Antartic programs is spent right there in Australia
and should bring a considerable boost to the economy - after all $100
million is $100 million.

But you don't mention that somehow.

Which means all you're really doing is trying to find a basis,
howsoever slender, to fill your own fanboy rice bowl. You don't
actually care about economic benefits.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old April 4th 09, 01:09 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Rick Jones wrote:
Cut to image of kangaroos jumping across the ice.... :-)

My waggish comment was to ask if Australian rockets always just go up
a ways and come right back where they started like a boomerang

Comrade! Baikal is "boomerang booster"... accept no substitute:
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/baikal.html

Patsky
Old April 4th 09, 03:51 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message

Well, unless Australia is very unusual, the vast majority of the $100
million spent on Antartic programs is spent right there in Australia
and should bring a considerable boost to the economy - after all $100
million is $100 million.

Most of it's spent on transport; both the Australis ice breaker and the new
air route.

Old April 4th 09, 06:39 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
Most of it's spent on transport; both the Australis ice breaker and the new
air route.

Penguin Polar Airlines?
I'm thinking kangaroo sleds to replace dog sleds; these could go at
quite the rate of speed, literally leaping across the ice.
The driver's call of "mush" would be replaced by one of "Foster's" to
spur the 'roos onwards. ;-)

Pat