#68 calculation of alien life in Cosmos as 10^9 alien advanced life

Old April 21st 08, 06:56 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.bio.misc
[email protected]

Default #68 calculation of alien life in Cosmos as 10^9 alien advanced life

I remember a very good book some ten years back where the theme was
numbers. How many
of this and that; how small of this and that and how large of this and
that. Where the book was
a scaling going from the numbers 0 to large numbers of 10^200 and from
0 to the small numbers
of 10^-200. Now the book did not go to 10^200 or 10^-200 but it should
go that far. So I made
a search on the Internet to see if anyone has a website that deals
with scales of numbers and
luckily found this one.

--- quoting website ---
http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/...7.html#le030_5

5×10^30 = 5 nonillion

An estimate of the number of prokaryotes (tiny organisms without a
nucleus, including bacteria) on the Earth3. Produced by William
Whitman and colleagues at the University of Georgia, the estimate
includes 26×10^28 organisms within the top 8 meters of the ground,
12×10^28 in the water and oceans, about 80×10^28 on land but below the
8-meter point, and 355×10^28 in the ocean floor. The same scientists
measured the mutation rate and estimated that every 20 minutes,
somewhere on Earth a new species of bacteria comes into existence.
Since prokaryotes comprise the vast majority of all living cells6,
5×10^30 is also the total population of living things on the planet.

--- end quoting website ---

Now I am not going to argue with any of that information except to say
that I suspect the
number of virus particles would exceed 5 x 10^30 by a factor of ten.

So the total number of particles of living DNA or RNA on Earth is
10^31.

Now in a previous post I said that Dirac calculated the number of
protons in the Universe
is approx 10^80 so the number of electrons in the Universe is also
10^80.

Now here is the beauty of the Atom Totality theory since it can
independently calculate
the number of Coulomb Interactions in order to hold together a
plutonium atom and this
number is approximately 10^160 Coulomb Interactions.

Now, does the reader see any beauty in that? Yes of course. If the
Cosmos according
to Dirac has 10^80 protons and 10^80 electrons then if we assume the
Cosmos is
a Atom Totality, and not a Big Bang, then 10^80 multiply 10^80 is
10^160 for the
total interaction of electrons to protons.

Now do you see the beauty? That Dirac was computing how many protons
exists in the
Universe and I was computing how many Coulomb Interactions exist in a
atom of plutonium
and both of us end up with 10^160.

Now there are two more important numbers in Cosmology and Astronomy.
One number
is the total number of galaxies in the Cosmos and is pegged at 10^10
and the second
number is how many stars in a galaxy and that number is pegged at
10^11.

Now let us debate those two numbers with the Big Bang theory versus
the Atom Totality theory.
For the Big Bang there is no connection as to why the number of
galaxies should be the same
number as the number of stars per galaxy. But to the Atom Totality
theory that posits the
universe grows from Dirac radioactivities and not from some explosion
with later condensation
of dust clouds. That the Atom Totality theory would say the number of
galaxies in the Cosmos
is the same number as the number of stars per galaxy. So if the best
number for stars per
galaxy is 10^11 then the best number for the number of galaxies in the
Cosmos is also 10^11.
If in the future, we can make those numbers more precise, say we can
narrow down that the
average number of stars per galaxy is 2 x 10^12 then we can also say
that the total number
of galaxies in the Universe is this same number.

Calculation of Alien Advanced Life in the Universe:

In previous posts to this book I said that for the Atom Totality to
create life on a star system
where our Solar System and Earth is but one example, that it requires
alot of maintenance
energy from the Nucleus of the Atom Totality to create life and
maintain life in a star system
than if the Nucleus just let the star system operate on the force of
gravity. The force
of gravity is 10^40 weaker than the Coulomb force.

The amount of DNA/RNA that exists in our Solar System and which is
concentrated all here
on Earth is approximately 10^31 particles of living DNA/RNA.

The number of pulsars observed and calculated to exist given their
density in space is
roughly 10^9.

So, now, here we have another coincidence. Gravity compared to Coulomb
force is 10^40.
The number of DNA/RNA of Earth multiplied by the number of pulsars in
the Universe
is also 10^40.

In the Big Bang theory that would be a remarkable coincidence. In the
Atom Totality theory
that would be the truth and reality of the world.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Old April 22nd 08, 07:20 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.bio.misc
[email protected]

Default #69 number of stars in Universe as 10^22 and number of planets with

Run into a problem here, and afraid my fixing the problem will look
like a ad hoc patch. The
problem is that the computation of 10^9 pulsars as advanced life in
the Cosmos looks too small
of a number considering that the Milky Way already has 10^5

--- quoting ---

http://www.springerlink.com/content/k6q778l1hp760r74/
We obtain the number of pulsars in our galaxy to be 6.05-2.80 +3.32 ×
10^5

--- end quoting ---

Noone will quibble with me if I say the Universe has approx 10^10
galaxies and each
galaxy has approx 10^11 stars. So the Universe has a total of 10^21
stars. Fine so far.

But using the Gravity to Coulomb strength coupling as 10^40 and using
the total
DNA/RNA existing in living particles on Earth as 10^31, I end up with
10^9 pulsars
that are advanced life in the Universe. But why would Milky Way galaxy
be something
special by having 10^5 advanced civilizations and many galaxies lucky
to have a mere
1 advanced civilization.

One patch would be to consider if the coupling strength varies in
value with respect to
location inside an atom. So that the coupling strength maybe 10^40
near Earth but
be 10^46 in another spot. But I do not like this patch.

One patch that I do like is to review the DNA/RNA count on Earth. Do I
really need to
count viruses? I think not, so the number falls from 10^31 to 10^30.
Do I really need to
count one celled primitive organisms? Well I do need to count some
bacteria for humanity
cannot exist without them. I am thinking of counting only the DNA/RNA
of living cells that
is required for advanced life such as humanity. And I think that
number is about 10^25
rather than 10^30. And of course my critics would cry foul play and ad
hoccery.

So now, consider the coupling strength at 10^40 and the essential DNA/
RNA for advanced
life as 10^25 and that gives 10^15 planets in the Universe that has
advanced life. So, now
I can reconcile that the Milky Way has 10^5 planets with advanced life
and say that the
Milky Way is representative of every galaxy in the Universe so that if
I multiply 10^5 pulsars by
10^10 galaxies I end up with 10^15 pulsars in the Universe or 10^15
planets with advanced
life in the Universe, where pulsar is tantamount to advanced
civilization on alien planet.

Actually I do not feel bad about patching the above and do not
consider it ad hoc, because
much of this is first time discovery and alot of errors are made in
the heat or height of discovery.

And it is good that the number count of biology of DNA/RNA is so very
large of a number
such as 10^31 if we counted all viruses. I would consider my above as
ad hoc, if the number
of DNA/RNA was very much lower than 10^31. If that number had been say
10^27 and nowhere
higher, then that is lamentable ad hoccery in April bloom.

So I think the biology community has a wide berth to work in those
numbers of total DNA/RNA
and that 10^25 is a reasonable number for the cells that are essential
for a planet to have
advanced civilization. So if we divide 10^40 by 10^25 we end up with
10^15 planets that
have advanced civilization spread uniformily throughout the cosmos and
about 10^5 per
galaxy.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium